Friday, December 31, 2021

New Years Eve!

Happy New Year’s Eve to you all! We will not be going anywhere today. We didn’t have big plans anyway, but Dennis just drove down to get his mom‘s prescriptions from the pharmacy and he said it’s awful out there. It’s a freezing mist! Mandy, Brad, and Piper were supposed to be tested this morning. She just texted me and said they’re not being tested because they can’t even get out of their neighborhood. They posted a winter storm warning for us from 6:00 tomorrow morning until midnight. Heavy snow is expected. I guess our day in the sun is over!😍. My flip-flops have been retired for the winter.

Meanwhile, last night I mixed up a cheese ball that’s been marinating in the refrigerator overnight to meld the flavors. In a little while I will form it into a ball, or maybe, since it’s just Dennis and I, I may just leave it in the bowl for easy storage.

This morning I baked Vera’s almond cake. Vera has “The Threaded Lane” blog over on my side bar. She generously shared this recipe with me. Oh my! The smell is amazing. I can’t wait to try it. Thank you Vera!

I’m planning to put a big pan of lasagna in the oven about mid afternoon and we’ll have salad and garlic bread with it. Tonight we’ll snack on our cheese and crackers and have almond cake. And that will be it for our big New Year’s celebration. What about you? What are you planning?

I made two pair of black and white mittens yesterday and have another single mitten almost finished. I just have the tip of the thumb to bind off. Using a single color is much, much faster than putting stripes in.

I’m wishing you all a peaceful and safe New Year’s Eve and I pray that 2022 is a better year for the entire world.

Blessings and love!
Betsy

14 comments:

  1. They are calling for a storm here too. Hard to say if it will be rain, or snow, as it's hovering around freezing.
    It will be a quiet new years for me. Even quieter than normal. It's Dave's weekend to spend with his Grandma. He wasn't going to go, but I told him to get his butt out the door. We had no plans anyway, so we'd just be watching TV. I'll see him in the new year and he can kiss me then! Lol. So it's just me and the cats and I think we might go to bed early!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's still warm. In the 60's. This would have been a great New Year's Eve if we weren't in a state of emergency because of Covid. People are even wearing masks outside again so I'm just going to stay right here and watch some TV and get some Chinese takeout. Let's hope 2022 is a better one for everyone.
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WE have storm predictions too... a "mixed bag", which around here means the meteorologist isn't quite sure if we are going to get rain, sleet, freezing rain or snow! We haven't celebrated New Years in many years. We prefer to stay home, watch old movies or read. Sometimes we don't even make til midnight! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was warm today, but snow coming later this week. We are having the rest of the meatballs and chicken wings I bought for Christmas and stashed in the freezer. And chips and dip! I am planning to welcome in the new year while working on my jigsaw puzzle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. warnings are out for here in Wisconsin too Betsy. Fireman is making us pretzel nubs. Im cooking steaks on the stove as the bbq outside is on the fritz. Im knitting away!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We will also spend a quiet evening watching an old movie maybe and enjoying each others company. Wishing you the very best for the New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a really good bible verse! Thank you! WE will go to bed early and watch TV, Far Guy is not well:(

    ReplyDelete
  8. A Very Happy New Year to you and Dennis too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm recovering from a breakthrough case of covid. Very mild case, but still feel yucky. Worst part is the headache and sinus drainage. Going to order enough yarn to crochet a bedspread while recovering.

    ReplyDelete
  10. FELIZ FELIZ AÑO NUEVO DULCE HERMANA, QUE DIOS DERRAME ABUNDANTE BENDICIONES SOBRE TU VIDA Y LA DE LOS TUYOS. GRACIAS POR TU AMABLE COMENTARIO EN MI BLOG. BENDICIONES¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAPPY HAPPY NEW YEAR SWEET SISTER, MAY GOD POUR ABUNDANT BLESSINGS ON YOUR LIFE AND YOURS. THANK YOU FOR YOUR KIND COMMENT ON MY BLOG. BLESSINGS¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡

      Delete
  11. We were home and did nothing. Well, I stitched and Fletch watched some TV. I went up to bed at 11:30 and read till Midnight. Big celebrations! LOL It is very mild here again today and drizzling rain ALL DAY. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like a perfect New Year's Eve to me. We have had the most unusual weather, very warm, clouds with a little sun now and then and windy. One day the first of the week it hit 77 degrees! A serious cold front is headed our way for tomorrow. Happy New Year to you and Dennis and all the family. Did Piper have a wonderful Christmas? I need to read back. I've missed some posts. Love, Henny

    ReplyDelete
  13. Enjoy the beauty of the icing--but stay home! lol the new mittens are so pretty even if they don't get done as quickly!

    ReplyDelete