Monday, December 20, 2021

December 20

Happy Monday! It’s a bright sunny day here and it’s even a little bit warmer today. I believe it is supposed to be 40F today. Thank you so much for the wonderful and heartfelt comments from yesterday‘s blog. Sometimes things happen don’t they, and it’s good to have friends to share with. It’s so difficult at this time of year anyway when you’ve lost a loved one, but to have it happen so close to Christmas really has to be difficult.

Today for my advent I received candy. I’m going to have to ask Mandy where she got this candy, because it is delicious. And my snowman for today is actually a card that Debbie sent me in a past year. She has the blog Araignee’s Tangled Web on my side bar. She makes the most beautiful cards and is so generous with them. I mounted this one inside of a shadowbox frame and it sits where I can see it from my knitting chair.

The ornament I would like to share with you today as one that we bought at Canterbury Cathedral when we visited there in August.  It is a bit blurry because for some reason my hands are shaking a little bit today. The colors are so vibrant and pretty.

On the back.

I finished a pair of mittens Saturday night and started a pair for Piper. I have one of her mittens done and the cuff finished on the second. The lighting is horrible for some reason. I apologize.

I saw this beautiful quilt online this morning and fell in love with it. Oh, to have the talent to make some thing like this! Isn’t it sweet? I don’t know which snowman is my favorite unless it’s the ones with the red truck. I love red trucks too.

Photo credit to Hollyhill Quilt Shoppe

This morning I was up bright and early and then got absolutely nothing accomplished for the first couple of hours besides going back to bed and reading. It was pretty nice though. After that I threw in a load of sheets to be washed and went to the grocery store for Dennis‘s mom. She did not go with me today because of the new variant that’s making its rounds. After getting to Walmart I was very glad she stayed home. There were children everywhere, running all over the store. I don’t think I’ve ever seen anything like it, especially at the store that usually very calm and quiet. I’m completely done with everything for Christmas. All I really needed to get at the store was milk and coffee and coffee creamer for Dennis. Somehow I ended up spending $97! I ended up getting Christmas cards for next year because there weren’t very many left and I was afraid there would be no after Christmas sales this year. I also had one last gift to pick up. Mom was the one who needed to get quite a bit. We were supposed to go to the store last Thursday when the storm was predicted so we decided not to go.

Yesterday Dennis and I went to the hardware store and finally found two pendant lights for over the bathroom sinks. I had wanted to just keep the old ones, but the contractor finally talked me out of it. Since they have been in the house over 60 years he thought that they needed to go. I wanted to just paint them to match the brushed nickel hardware that is being installed but he doesn’t think that the paint would stick to them. He’s probably right but I feel like money is just running through our fingers at this point. I thought it was a way of saving a few dollars but I guess electrical fixtures are not the way to try to save money. We looked at both Lowe’s and Home Depot and couldn’t find anything that either of us liked. I just wanted a plain and simple pendant. We finally found one that I liked at Menards. I never thought it would be so hard to find a light since I’m really not picky at all.

I hope you’re all doing well. I’m excited to have Piper and Lizzie come spend the night this week so we can get some cookie baking done. I have waited many years to be able to have a grandchild close enough to bake cookies with at Christmas time. This is the year!

Have a wonderful Monday my friends.

Blessings and love,
Betsy

9 comments:

  1. I like the snowman skiing downhill in a teacup.

    Don't feel bad taking time to pick lights. You are going to live with them for a long time.

    It took us almost a year to find bathroom faucets we liked. We couldn't find 2 of anything we liked. The shelves were pretty empty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an amazing quilt! An absolute work of art!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that little snowman stamp and die set. I had so much fun with it. I need to use it again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We celebrated Christmas with our family yesterday. It is such a relief that shopping is over, the mess is cleaned up and we have refrigerator full of leftovers so we don't have to enter a store for a very long time. We are blessed that all our children and their spouses had both vaccines and a booster and all our grandchildren over age 5 have had their second shot (not the two weeks after, but still). Our numbers are very high and worse, the waits at hospitals for non-covid events are very long. Luckily a relative was able to schedule a test the day before they cut them offf and found they needed surgery which is hopefully scheduled for next week. My daughter's co-worker's own daughter had to wait in a parking lot for almost 8 hours after registering for an issue with her feeding tube. I am very concerned that services are not available for other medical needs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice quilt you shared photo of. I needed to get 2 black t-shirts for work which were ok price. Sweater price was higher than I expected but its cozy to wear at work as its chilly at times. I'm glad you found that lifts you need. Loyd.go rain in OR and some rivers are starting to get near flood stage which is sad. 😢 I'm off my feet and relaxing after work and making dinner. Its Megan's birthday today. Hugs and prayers, Becky

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun to bake cookies with Piper! The quilt is ever so pretty! That is one pretty ornament you got from London! I hope your son and his wife are feeling better every day:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, how sweet that you and Piper get to bake cookies together! That sounds wonderful! May God let your time together be fun as you make precious memories!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Children and discipline just don't go together anymore!
    I love the quilt, too! Looks like a very creative work!

    ReplyDelete