Wednesday, December 15, 2021

December 15

Good morning everyone. I hope you are all having a wonderful Wednesday. We have brilliantly blue skies for the moment, but they have already canceled school for the day because of a huge storm that is supposed to pass through this afternoon bringing possible tornadoes. The national weather service has said that it is an even stronger system than what went through the southern states earlier this week. We have our tornado closet under the stairs all set up and will be ready to dive in there if the need arises. Even if there are no tornadoes, we’re expected to have hurricane force winds later this afternoon. It’s all hard to believe because it is so gorgeous out there this morning. It’s plumb crazy.πŸ˜”

My advent calendar this morning held more candy. Yum. This is some really good candy. My snowman this morning is this beautiful picture, handmade by my friend Sue in Spokane. Sue has been part of craft fairs around the region as long as I have known her, which is nearly 30 years. I’m sure she had done them for many years before that. Her crafts were works of art. Her quilting is second to none and she is a genius at appliquΓ©. This year she held her last craft show a few weeks ago. I had asked her if I could purchase this picture from her and she said no, but she gave it to me in memory of our friendship over the years. Nita mailed it to me and now it hangs on our wall. Sue is the one that taught me to do the little bit of quilting that I know. Isn’t this just the sweetest picture? We sure left some lovely people behind when we left Spokane.
I have another hat almost finished, but I couldn’t keep my eyes open any longer last night. I have about one more inch before I start decreasing for the crown. I’m just using up scraps of yarn for the stripes and then I chose a neutral out of my stash for the main color on these two hats.

How do you like my new headgear? Piper and I were having a great time playing this game. How I ended up wearing the antlers the whole time I’ll never know!πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚ It was a lot of fun but I ended up taking my glasses off because I was afraid they would be broken. I got hit in the face a lot!  Do you spy Hey Hey, the chicken on top of the kitchen cupboard? That is Brad‘s chicken believe it or not. We have had so much fun with that chicken.

Well that’s about it. Nothing exciting happened after I wrote yesterday except I took Zoey for a walk around the block and spent some time at Mom’s house. They are supposed to paint the bathroom today, but I don’t know what will happen now that the storms coming through. It sounds like everything is moving right along, right? Well it is and probably most everything will be done by the middle of next week, but the bathroom will not be usable until the plumber comes back on December 29! It will look pretty though! (hopefully)

I hope you all have a wonderful day and stay safe if you are in the path of the storms that are supposed to roar through.

Blessings and love,
Betsy


19 comments:

  1. Hope you fare well through any storms that come through.

    The applique snowman is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes Stay safe and warm!

    And I think you look fabulous in antlers - a very regal crown for your Majesty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for your safety, the storm sounds awful. How wonderful to get a special gift from your friend!! Yeah for the bathroom getting done by New Years!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice antlers you wore!! Always something fun to do with a grandchild. Hope you make it through the storm. Praying it doesn't get to bad. I remember visiting a friend in Omaha 15 years ago in June. Tornadoes could have happened then but didn't. Its pretty in Omaha. I slept in her basement. Take care my friend. × Becky

    ReplyDelete
  5. You do have some wonderful and creative friends! What a gift their friendship is! I actually just purchased those antlers for our family Christmas this Sunday. I think it will be a lot of fun and I hope I am just an observer LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying that the storms will not be as bad as they are predicting. Keep safe! (Love the antlers!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. DIOS TE PROTEJA BETSY, QUE LAS TORMENTAS PASEN DE LARGO QUE TERRIBLE SENSACION DEBES SENTIR, ME DAN MUCHO MIEDO LOS VIENTOS FUERTES. BENDICIONES.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GOD PROTECT YOU BETSY, MAY THE THUNDERSTORMS PASS YOU BY, WHAT A TERRIBLE FEELING YOU MUST FEEL, I AM VERY AFRAID OF THE STRONG WINDS. BLESSINGS.

      Delete
  8. AAAHHHHHH TE VES MUY GRACIOSA CON ESAS ASTAS¡¡¡¡¡¡¡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AAAHHHHHHHH YOU LOOK VERY FUNNY WITH THOSE ANTLERS¡¡¡¡¡¡¡

      Delete
  9. If the winds that blew through Wyoming are any indication, you’d better batten down the hatches! It’s difficult to leave good friends behind when moving.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That photo is hilarious!!! I haven't checked the news yet today but I hope those storms are like the blizzards they are always predicting around here-they never show up.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, Just read about the storms in Nebraska and other states... Looks wicked!! Hope you and all of your family are okay!!! Stay Safe.

    Merry Christmas,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the hats you knit and your reindeer antlers too. Hope your storms aren't bad...they're supposed to go thru here late tonight. Praying we don't have any power outages as the temp is heading back down yet tonight. Protect us dear Lord. Stay safe Betsy and family!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your gifted snowman is very nice. You look cute in those antlers! This weather is crazy all over. We had a tornado warning the other night. Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope you stay safe through whatever weather comes your way. It must be a scary feeling to know that it's coming. Also I hope and pray you stay safe from illness in these scary days when so many are ill.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi dear Betsy your card and your lovely news came yesterday it was so lovely to sit down read and enjoy Dennis' letter over a cup of black tea. It's been beautiful weather here for early summer mostly not too hot, cooler than normal but I really like it not too hot. Not sure how long it will stay that way.
    I'm sorry re your forecast. I pray its very very very wrong and all is wellvand God blessed everywhere. The storms/ tornadoes just wear themselves out where there are no people.
    πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™
    You're a kind granma.
    Not sure I'd cope with being hit in the head all the time.
    Well done on that beautiful piece of quilting it really is beautiful.

    Thanks for sharing, and may God bless and keep you and all whom you love safe and well.
    Prayer hugs, Shaz in Oz. X

    {Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
    {Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hope you made it through the storms safely. the game looks like a LOT of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, Betsy! I am praying for you right now! Please let us know when the storm passes by. That reminds me of that beautiful, old hymn with those lyrics.

    ReplyDelete