Wednesday, December 29, 2021

December 29

Cold, cold, cold! That’s the word for the day. It feels like snow out there and we were supposed to get a dusting in the early afternoon, but so far nothing has happened. Depending on the weather person you listen to, we could either get 4–6 inches of snow on Saturday, New Years Day, or 15 inches! I hope the 4-6 person is correct. ❄️

I took mom for a Covid test this morning. A lot has changed since I wrote yesterday! I have not heard anymore about how Matt is feeling, but right after I wrote my post, Mandy called and said they had been exposed on Christmas Eve. In fact Piper was around this person a LOT. So far they are all feeling well, but now they have to quarantine. So our small pizza party last night ended up being just Dennis and I because mom had been really, really tired with a bad headache for a couple of days. We thought she should get tested today just as a precaution since we had spent Christmas with the grandkids. She had also been with Mandy and Piper on Sunday.

Reading your blogs, I know that a lot of you are going through similar things. We’re going to be hibernating as much as possible here at home for a while until this omicron thing lets up. I think mom is probably fine and it’s just the drastic weather change, but better safe than sorry.
There is good news. Our main bathroom is almost complete. The plumbers were here this morning and hooked up all the water to the new tub and shower, the sinks and reinstalled the toilet. On his breaks, Dennis is installing towel bars, toilet paper holder, etc. The contractor will be back this afternoon with the doors to the laundry area and install those. He had to cut them down about half an inch because of the new floor. I have to say, I love it all! Tonight we will return the extra vanity for our master bathroom and I also need to get a shower liner. Hopefully next week our bathroom will be done and this will all be behind us.

I know that the weather is crazy everywhere in the United States right now. I hope those of you here are staying warm, dry and well. 

Much love and many blessings,
Betsy

16 comments:

  1. Everyone is sick. Daughter felt terrible all night and took a test this morning. So far it's negative but I'm so worried I could just cry. I just don't get what she's thinking putting herself and her baby at risk dealing with the public all day. I'm pretty upset about it.
    Good news for your bathroom. We're at a standstill now again until we get the stove issue worked out. We can't put the floor down and then have the stove dragged out over it. We saw what it did to Daughter's floor when the workers pulled out her refrigerator. These new laminate floors scratch terribly. I'm probably going to hate it but the good thing is you can rip them up and redo them pretty easily-not like all that tile we had to chisel up for months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess we really are all in the same place Betsy - just trying to stay safe and healthy in a world that is so scary and unpredictable right now. Take care of yourself and your family and STAY safe!! With the winter weather coming in...I am all about hunkering down and staying in as much as possible!! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayers for mom!!!! Here we have a big uptick in Covid, but I see a lot of families who say that they tested negative but are dealing with colds, respiratory infections and now there is a severe stomach virus going around. And I guess people are taking children (out of an abundance of care) to the ER to make sure their child doesn't have covid instead of these viruses because we have a big shortage of home tests. Staying home is the name of our game! Can't wait to see the reveal of the new bathroom!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. CALOR, CALOR Y MAS CALOR AQUI EN BUENOS AIRES BETSY, ES UN HORNO MI CIUDAD HOY TUVIMOS 37 C O SEA 98,6 F, UNA LOCURA, ESTAMOS ADENTRO DE CASA, ES IMPOSIBLE SALIR AL PATIO, COLGUE LA ROPA Y SE SECO EN 5 MINUTOS ¿NO ES UNA LOCURA? NO TENEMOS AIRE ACONDICIONADO PERO SI MUCHOS VENTILADORES DE TECHO Y LOS QUE SE PUEDE LLEVAR DE AQUI PARA ALLA, PERO NO DAMOS ABASTO. ENVIDIO TU FRIO HERMANA, NOS ESTAMOS DERRITIENDO LITERALMENTE JAJAJAJA. TE ENVIO UN ABRAZO A LA DISTANCIA Y CUIDATE MUCHO DEL OMICRON, AQUI AYER HUBO 33.900 CASOS Y HOY HAY 42000 ¿NO ES PARA PREOCUPARSE? BENDICIONES DULCE HERMANA.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HEAT, HEAT AND HOTTEN HERE IN BUENOS AIRES BETSY, MY CITY IS AN OVEN TODAY WE HAD 37 C OR 98,6 F, CRAZY, WE ARE INSIDE THE HOUSE, IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO GO OUT TO THE PATIO, I HUNG UP THE CLOTHES AND THEY DRIED IN 5 MINUTES, ISN'T IT CRAZY? WE DON'T HAVE AIR CONDITIONING BUT WE HAVE MANY CEILING FANS AND THOSE THAT CAN BE TAKEN FROM HERE TO THERE, BUT WE ARE NOT ENOUGH. I ENVY YOUR COLD SISTER, WE ARE LITERALLY MELTING HAHAHAHA. I SEND YOU A HUG FROM A DISTANCE AND TAKE CARE OF THE OMICRON, HERE YESTERDAY THERE WERE 33,900 CASES AND TODAY THERE ARE 42,000, ISN'T IT SOMETHING TO WORRY ABOUT? BLESSINGS SWEET SISTER.

      Delete
  5. I hope your MIL will be okay. It's such a scary time. Keep safe and well!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for bathroom finishes!! Hoping/praying you are all healthy and safe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sadly, COVID is not finished with us yet. I hope everyone in your family did not get infected by the exposure(s) they had over Christmas. Happy to hear the bathroom remodel is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Betsy. I'm praying for the family. This variant is wicked scary. I know so many people touched by omni since schools let out. Your charity mitts are adorable. I finished a cowl today. Charity knitting is good volunteering as we have to isolate to keep troy safe!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stay safe and warm, Betsy and Dennis. How nice that your bathroom is almost complete! Hope your extended family is A-OK too! Wonder how much snow you'll get!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Betsy, Hoping Dennis's Mom is okay. We had a wonderful exhausting season with family. Now fighting a respiratory/cold but not bad yet so hoping I can beat it. Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope everyone will be okay. I bet you will be happy when the bathroom reno is all done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sending good thoughts for Dennis' mom and Mandy's family.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I pray everyone will be alright. I bet you are excited about the bathroom(s)! The weather here is very nice but New Year's Eve there may be storms. I'm picking up groceries today so I will be good to go! Happy New Years!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so behind on reading your blog posts. I am sure I will find out how your mother-in-law is doing in the next few posts, but I trust all is well with her and all of you. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. My niece and family had to miss our big Christmas gathering because she had been exposed...grateful that her tests all were negative and I was able to see them before I had to head home! Hope you have good news for your Mom in law, too!

    ReplyDelete