Friday, December 10, 2021

December 10

Happy Friday! We have snow on the way!☃️❄️🌨❄️☃️ The first snow of the season. Just north of us has been getting quite a lot according to the weather map, but we are only supposed to get about an inch. That’s OK with me. And then next week it’s supposed to be 70°F! Isn’t that crazy? I think it’s pretty certain that this snow won’t be around for Christmas.

This morning our contractor was here bright and early at 7:30 and the drywaller was called back yet again. I honestly believe this is this the drywaller‘s first job on his own, because he has been made to come back three times now. Dennis and I haven’t said a word, but his boss and our contractor have not been happy with his work at all. Oh well. I stay out of it unless I’m asked a direct question. Zoey and I stay down in the basement, or as in the case this morning, over at moms doing our laundry. 

After laundry was done, mom asked if I would go get us some lunch. I think we have her hooked on the McRib sandwich. It is supposed to be rib meat, but I guess knowing McDonald’s, I’m not sure what mystery meat it is. It does taste good though. 

So Zoey and I have just gotten back home. I have started the last sock for Christmas about midnight last night. The cuff is done and I’m on my way down the leg. I’m excited to finish it because I’m way behind on my mittens for the school children. I have a goal to knit 2 to 3 pair a week, all year long. I’ve done that the last three years and it’s worked a treat. I haven’t even started next years mittens yet though. And, we have a new granddaughter coming. I need to get my needles and hooks working for her, too. There just don’t seem to be enough hours in the day to get everything done I want to do. I am way busier here than I was when we lived in Spokane.

Anyway, here is my advent stocking this morning. Of course the little picture didn’t fit in the stocking but it sat behind it and I knew it went with today. I think it is so cute and I’m brainstorming where I want to put it. I always think I should have pretty things upstairs where guests can see them, but I spent 99.9% of my time in the family room so I also want them there. Such a dilemma. 😂 And more candy. My daughter does know me and chocolate doesn’t she? The snowman is a new one I bought this year at Hobby Lobby’s 50% off Christmas sale. I just thought he was cute.

Here’s the last Christmas sock in progress! Just a plain vanilla sock. These will be for Mom although she doesn’t know it. She watched me knit on them this morning for an hour or so and just commented on how pretty the yarn is.  Little does she know….

And my last Christmas pillow.  I am really enjoying the cozy atmosphere that they help bring to the house. Especially considering the drywall dust flying everywhere else. I have given up trying to clean the upstairs except the kitchen. There will be time enough for that when the construction is all done.

And how are all of you doing my friends? Piper felt fine this morning with no after effects from the vaccine. Hooray! However, Mandy said she bumped her forehead on the bathroom countertop before school! It’s always something. I didn’t think to ask how she did that. If there is a bruise next time I see her, Grandma will have to kiss it to make it better.

I pray that you have a lovely afternoon and evening and I’ll see you again tomorrow.

Blessings and love,
Betsy

12 comments:

  1. Glad to hear Piper didn't have a reaction! And those sock colors are wonderful. I hope your drywall gets straightened out. It sounds like your contractor is on it! I love some chocolate, your daughter has the right idea! We are finally getting warmer temperatures, but we are supposed to get a high wind, too. I am hoping to take two of my grandkids to a neighboring village tomorrow if it isn't too bad. They have decorated the village like Who-ville!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They just posted a tornado warning for us for tomorrow. It supposed to be in the 70's with thunderstorms. I have to drive two hours tomorrow morning to Daughter's for that baby shower I am NOT happy about. If Covid doesn't get me tomorrow, a tornado might. Lol....

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sure do have a lot going on Betsy!! And snow!! I hope it doesn't put a damper on anything you have planned. Personally, I would love a snow day to relax and just stay put!! Wishing you a fine weekend - enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What cute Advent gifts and chocolate too! You have a lot more responsibilities now than you did in Spokane. You're taking care of your MIL and construction going on right before Christmas..you are very patient. The socks are so pretty. She will love them! My youngest grand, Grayson got his 2nd shot on the 7th and no reaction either. PTL! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Snow and wind have been causing road closures for the last two days. I hope it clears soon as I have an important appointment on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. HI BETSY, TUS ADORNOS SON TAN LINDOS, ME ENCANTAN LOS MUÑECOS DE NIEVE¡¡¡¡¡ QUE HERMOSO ES LA NIEVE, AQUI NUNCA NIEVA, SI EN EL SUR DEL PAIS, PERO ESTOY LEJOS DE AHI, TENEMOS TRABAJO PARA HACER TU Y YO, SEGUIMOS HACIENDO REGALOS CON NUESTRAS PROPIAS MANOS, QUE PLACER ES REGALAR ALGO HECHO POR UNO MISMO ¿NO? CUIDATE MUCHO OMICRON AVANZA RAPIDO, AQUI EN MI PAIS YA SE HAN DETECTADO ALGUNOS CASOS,DIOS NOS AYUDE. BENDICIONES¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the sock colours. You always seem to have so many things that need to be done. I hope you don't get burned out.
    (So glad Piper is feeling okay).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummy looking chocolates you have. I am a chocoholic!!! ahahaha!! I am glad Piper is good and hope she doesn't have too much of a bruise. I like to use lavender essential oil to put on a bruise and it goes away quickly! Nice sox you are knitting. Thanks for the reminder of getting out my Christmas pillow! It has Mary, Joseph and baby Jesus on it! I got it years ago. Possibly at West Point Stevens where I worked at outlet mall? Mmmmm! It's been cold this week and a bit windy today. Hope your drywall man gets it correct and gets things figured out! Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What bright pretty socks! Hope your bathroom is done soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just have to tell you that I really love reading your blog every day. It's fun to see what you get in your advent calendar and just fun to read about the goings on in your lives. Thank you for an entertaining and faith-filled blog. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. At least the boss is on it, and you don't have to complain about the quality to get it fixed! But I know from experience that drywall is a skill that takes LOTS of practice! A real drywaller would probably cry at my walls! Lol

    The sock yarn is VERY pretty. I'm making good progress on Dave's. Right now I'm in the recliner with a quilt, and Rupert and Burton curled up with me. I've been knitting all night, but am just taking a wee break to read blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Doing drywall is sure messy work! Glad you can escape to your MIL's and help her out, too! The socks will be so comfy--very soon now you will be gifting them to her!

    ReplyDelete