Tuesday, December 14, 2021

December 14

Happy Tuesday to you all! It’s been a busy morning so far. The contractor was here early to put another coat of primer on the walls. As he got here, I left to go get a pedicure. I know it sounds very spoiled and selfish of me to do this, but our family all suffers from psoriasis. My grandmother had it terribly bad and all of  my siblings have it. Since moving back to the Midwest, mine has gotten worse. My feet get so dry that right now I have cracks and they bleed, no matter how much lotion I put on them. It’s frustrating. So once every six weeks or so I treat myself to a pedicure and it makes a huge difference.

Afterwards I stopped at the grocery store and picked up ham and the things I will need for Christmas dinner. It looks like Christmas day will just be Dennis and I, as mom is going to our niece and nephews house for dinner. Mandy and her family are going to her in-laws. We will get together with them on the 26th. Honestly, we’re used to being by ourselves for holidays and I don’t ever want to cause problems with my kids and their other families.

My Advent today was candy and the snowman is another snow globe from the dollar tree. This one says snow, which we haven’t had much of yet. According to the weather forecast, we could have 60 mile an hour winds tomorrow afternoon and severe thunderstorms as a front goes through. Omaha and eastern Iowa is right in the middle of the bull’s-eye for severe storms. The weatherman said it looks like it could have even stronger storms than the ones that hit Kentucky the other night. I certainly hope he is are wrong.

On our way home from taking Lizzie back to Mandy and Piper last night, we drove through a neighborhood that had some beautiful lights. Here is just one of them and I’m sharing this picture with you because it has a Olaf! I just love Olaf from the Frozen movies. He is my favorite character.
Of course pictures don’t even begin to do the beautiful lighting justice on any of these places.

This is the under the TV console that Mandy has her nativity scene set up on along with photos of Piper with Santa over the years

Here is their mantle beautifully decorated with lights and the stocking that I made for Piper hanging, just waiting for Santa to come fill it. I made matching stockings for Brad and Mandy but she doesn’t have them hanging up yet.
One hat completed yesterday and I started another one.

The ornament I’m sharing with you today is a star that was made by Dennis‘s cousin Curt. He made this star for us long, long ago. They have a matching one on their tree. We had dinner with them on Saturday night at their home. As I’ve mentioned before, Dennis and I went on our very first date with them. It is nice, rekindling the friendships of our younger days.

And here were our two girls, Lizzie and Zoey after a hard day of play yesterday. They love sleeping next to each other with limbs all entangled.

This afternoon I have the very last of the presents to wrap and will hopefully do some more knitting on the next  hat. I also want to take Zoey for a nice, long walk while the weather is so nice. I’ll see you all tomorrow. I hope you’re having a lovely December and remembering the reason that we celebrate this season.

Blessings and love,
Betsy

13 comments:

  1. I started getting pedicure for a similar reason. I’ve found it helps to use Dr. Teal’s Bath and Body oil after showers to keep my skin and heels moisturized.

    ReplyDelete
  2. each saying he1ps me Betsy!!! It is very grey and quiet . Hope our 1itt1e a1one Christmas is not too sad. We are at the same time so gratefu1 for fireman's successfu1 surgery and at the same time sad the fami1y won't be together. I know I can ho1d both fee1ings in my heart. Its ok

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we are going to be alone this Christmas also. Daughter is quarantining in anticipation of her mid January delivery and doesn't want to be around family which is understandable.
    We haven't been out to see the lights yet. After a day of working in the kitchen all we want to do is flop on the couch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. QUE TERRIBLE LO QUE PASA CON LOS TORNADOS, TANTOS PUEBLOS DESTRUIDOS Y CUANTAS MUERTES, DIOS MIO, MI CORAZON ESTA CON USTEDES BETSY, ¿QUE MAS VA A PASAR ESTE AÑO? PANDEMIA, TORNADOS, CATASTROFES NATURALES, SEÑOR TEN MISERICORDIA DE NOSOTROS. CUIDATE AMIGA Y QUE LAS TORMENTAS SIGAN DE LARGO. BENDICIONES.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HOW TERRIBLE WHAT IS HAPPENING WITH THE TORNADOES, SO MANY TOWNS DESTROYED AND SO MANY DEATHS, MY GOD, MY HEART GOES OUT TO YOU BETSY, WHAT ELSE IS GOING TO HAPPEN THIS YEAR? PANDEMIC, TORNADOES, NATURAL CATASTROPHES, LORD HAVE MERCY ON US. TAKE CARE MY FRIEND AND MAY THE STORMS CONTINUE. BLESSINGS.

      Delete
  5. We will have all of our children and grandchildren together on the 19th for Christmas and that is such a blessing for us. We will be alone on Christmas day and we're ok with that because we will get to be together on the 19th.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the swirly tree in the yard with Olaf. Olaf is pretty cute too.

    I use Palmer's Cocoa Butter all through the winter. Slather it on, put socks over it and my feet stay soft. Bonus! I smell like a chocolate chip cookie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are celebrating with our children and grandchildren on the 19th, too. We usually do the Sunday before Christmas so that they can plan what they need to with their other families and their own families. We don't mind celebrating Christmas Eve and Christmas Day by ourselves. It is very relaxing and we usually still have leftovers.

    I have read that lotion contains a lot of water and may not be best for dry feet. I have heard something about a foam that is mostly water free. If I can remember the name, I will share.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those pictures of the houses with all the lights! That mantle is beautiful at your daughter's house and I always love to see stockings hanging from it. We'll be alone on Christmas too so are figuring out our Christmas menu now. Hope to have the whole gang here to celebrate some time after Christmas. We have a lot of snow....I'd be happy to share! I hate thunderstorms too. Winter gives us a break from those here. Take care. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice outdoor decor! We see some every time we walk in the dark. Not worked Monday nor today as it was cold last evening after Phil got home at 8 pm. I did a bit of walking at the outlet mall in search of a black sweater. I needed one for my new job at Panera and finally found one, a bit more expensive but a good deal and no more shopping. 2 black tshirts found at 1st store I shopped at. None at Panera til next week.
    I will keep you in my prayers for safety in the storm. Looks like your packet I sent usps will arrive tomorrow or Thurs so hopefully it won't blow away! 3 of us for Christmas! Love and blessings,Becky

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those puppies are just so precious! It is amazing how tight their bond is and how they seem to know they are siblings! We can see the hand of God and His attention to detail in even the smallest of creatures. May He bless you and your family and puppies today!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a nice post--no, we know you and would never think you selfish to indulge yourself with a pedicure! Enjoy your hat knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Our Christmas is going to be Randy, his father and I, plus our furry family members. It is funny it may just be a few people but I still go all out. We are getting a leg of lamb.
    I agree with you about Olaf, don't tell Genevieve (hers is Elsa).
    I also love the pictures you post of Zoey and Lizzy. So precious.
    HUGS

    ReplyDelete