Saturday, December 18, 2021

December 18

Happy Saturday!  It’s really late and I’m very sorry. We have had company today, my sister Melanie, and niece and nephew, Chaela and Tim.  Mandy and Piper came over too. We had a great visit.  We FaceTimed with Alex and we tried to find some lost eye drops at Mom’s, (they were in her purse), where it was suggested to look several times. The day was just, poof! GONE.

We did finally get our internet back on late yesterday. That is a huge relief. It’s amazing how much we rely on it.

Yesterday I walked to school with Mandy and the puppies to pick up Piper. Mandy got her booster yesterday so took the day off work. She is really not feeling well at all today. Anyway, Piper and I went shopping and found some lovely gifts for her Mommy. Then I took her to a coffee place and got her a “hot chocolate, almond milk, no whip”. She said it was delicious. She’s allergic to dairy, so it’s always great to find a place that serves things she can have.

A nice young man saw us taking the above selfie and offered to take our photo. Those ornaments are huge. The biggest one is about 12 foot high.

We even found matching Christmas sweaters for the puppies. At Aldi’s for $5.00 each. The lady at the bank told me about them when I stopped there before picking up Piper. She loves Zoey and I have to take her to visit every few weeks so they can see how much she’s grown.

Piper used her allowance to buy the girls scarves for Christmas. Her other Grandma’s friend made them. Aren’t they cute?  I just can’t get over how cute they are together. Best friends.
My Advent for today is more yummy candy.  The two snowmen are some of my favorites. It seems I say that a lot. I do really like my snow people.
I hope your weekend is a good one. It’s cold here but no snow so I’ll take it. 😍 Spokane had had a LOT of snow this weekend.

Blessings and love,
Betsy



14 comments:

  1. I am glad your internet came back on. I had a bit of trouble with my laptop linking into internet. It took a few minutes before it stayed connected. Megan said she had trouble with it on hers and phone. Maybe the weird windy day we had. When we drove home from Mt. Angel for a dinner out for Phil's birthday, it was raining alot. Thankfully I was able to drive us safely home. Lovely photos of you and Piper! Semi busy day at work. I like it! Happy weekend to you from me, Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous snapshot of you and Piper. She is growing so fast she is quite a young lady now and a very pretty one at that. I had to look twice there at the background in that photo and for a moment I couldn't pin point what seemed wrong but it was only the size of that enormous Christmas baubles behind you. It is gigantic but certainly stands out! The two pups look lovely in their new scarves and also what sweet Christmas jumpers too. Love your snowpeople of course but most particularly I think those little mitts they are wearing are adorable :-) Have fun! Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those pictures of you and Piper. So wonderful that you are geographically close enough to see her all the time now. Those dogs are just so sweet. Hope your weekend has been a good one Betsy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pups are so cute... Piper too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at those pups in their outfits! So cute. Daughter got boosted on Friday and I was a wreck waiting to see how she did. 8 months pregnant and she went all by herself on the spur of the moment to a nearby pharmacy when she got another call saying yet another coach has come down with it. She was fine. Only a sore arm. I'm happy she's boosted but I just wish she could stay home. The shots are only helping so much and she's in such a high risk group.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love when snowmen are dressed up in blue!! Yours are very cute.

    Piper sure is growing up. I'm sure she is going to treasure all the grandma time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read your posts all the time but rarely comment. I just want you to know that I think you are very fortunate to have such a wonderful husband and family and that love you all share is so inspiring. I enjoy watching your knitting and the socks you make are such nice quality and the colors - wow, the colors. You are very talented and generous and I am so glad there are people in the world like you.And I adore the pups. Merry Christmas and Best Wishes for a Happy, Healthy New Year. Ranee (MN)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You and Piper out shopping together are just so cute. Those puppies are adorable in their sweaters and scarves. Hope Mandy feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello....I enjoy reading your posts. I thought and prayed for all of you during the storms. The pups are adorable. How great they could be adopted within the same family.
    There is one thing I want to mention....Please be careful when handing your phone to someone to take a selfie. A "very nice" young man offered to my cousin and she did....HE RAN OFF WITH THE PHONE!!!
    I know, this is such a sad world we can live in today. Be careful. Being an older woman with a young child could be the perfect target. Glad it all worked out.
    You are a knitting machine!!!! Love all of your work...even though I don't knit!!!! Take care!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. FUn to read about your grandmother time with Piper. What a great ga1 she is. Those puppies just seem so fun. I am in serious kitten wanting mode. I'd 1ove to foster kittens. I don't think Fireman is up for the commotion. Thank you for your card. Keep praying p1ease, I'm seeing change!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's such a nice picture of you and Piper. And wasn't that sweet of that stranger to offer to take a picture of the 2 of you. Hopefully Mandy will feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great post-Dennis must be relieved to get the internet back for work!! Those pups are too sweet in their festive attire! Glad you get to enjoy Piper so often--it is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So thankful God protected you during that awful storm! Your little area under the stairs looked quite comfortable, especially Mom's bed. What a blessing that you could all be together!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm really enjoying your blog, especially all the snowmen. I love snowmen and have bunches. I have ones just like the ones you showed today. Aren't snowmen fun? Merry Christmas to you, Dennis and all the rest of your family! Hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete