Monday, December 13, 2021

December 13

Happy sunny Monday! We have an absolutely gorgeous day out today. Our snow is all gone and the moisture was so good for the ground as it soaked in. We are continuing to keep the people who were in the horrible storms in our prayers. Tornadoes were one of the big reasons I agreed to move to Washington. We had had a terrible season of tornado warnings that particular year and they terrify me. They can come seemingly out of nowhere, with no warning at all. Those poor people.

Although I feel guilty for even typing this, on to happier things, like my advent socks. More candy! Yum!  The little snow globe was purchased at the Dollar Tree a few years ago. There are two very cute little snowman inside. The globe is only about 4 inches high.
The last Christmas gift is off of the needles! They have now been washed and blocked, but in this photo I hadn’t done that yet. They are also the last gift I have to wrap. Hallelujah! After ripping the heel out on the second so I could knit it again, they are almost perfect matches. Except for the little imperfection in the yarn in the cuff in the sock on the right. There are about seven stitches that didn’t seem to take the dye and are white. Mom won’t care though so I’m not going to stress about it. No one will ever see it as the yarn issue will be under her jeans.

I began another hat for the Open Door Mission today. I’m hoping to make at least three or four more before Sunday.  After I finish with these I’ll start in on the school children mittens again because I am woefully behind in those.

Yesterday Brad’s side of the family got together and the grandkids all made gingerbread houses. Here are the three that Miss Piper made. I was assured that she did them all by herself!  After Dennis, Mom and I looked at lights last night, we found ourselves close to Mandy‘s house so decided to stop and say hello. That’s how I got these photos

I think these are all three works of art.



And a little artist displaying her work. She actually took the three photos above! She’s a pretty good photographer too.

We were able to get our first coat of primer put on the bathroom walls today. Progress is still being made, although not as quickly as I would like it of course. I just hibernate in the basement and barely even see any of the workmen.. We brought Lizzie home with us last night for an impromptu slumber party with Zoey. They’ve been keeping me company downstairs all day. They are such good puppies.

Tonight we will return Lizzie to our girls. Knowing I’m done with all Christmas preparation is a nice feeling. Now I can just enjoy the reason that we celebrate this season and focus more on Jesus.

I’ll see you all again tomorrow for another installment of my exciting life!😂

Blessings,
Betsy


11 comments:

  1. Such cute Gingerbread houses! Fun to see! Sounds like progress on the bathroom!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they are working on your bathroom at lightening speed!
    Those gingerbread houses are adorable. Piper is an artist! And the socks look so warm and cozy. We are not having storms tonight, but somehow my daughter just lost power. I was reading stories to her preschoolers over the phone while she searched for flashlights. Have fun with your doggie sleepover.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good evening, Betsy. I enjoy seeing your snowman collection and your daily treats. Piper’s creations are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Piper did a great job on her gingerbread houses turned out really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, I love those gingerbread houses and Santa's Workshop. That girl has talent! Fun to see your gifts and snowmen every day! I am behind on my wrapping...need to get that done soon. Take good care. Love those colorful socks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those gingerbread houses look yummy! I need to make some gingerbread. I still haven't used my new stove. We're still trying to get the smell out of it. I admit I haven't been trying to hard. I've been too busy to think about it and I haven't really been in the baking mood.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice socks and so kind of you to knit hats for people. Gingerbread houses are good. Piper is an adorable artist. I got hungry when I was at Panera today for paper work and tour of cafe. I was able to get a cinnamon roll for free since I didn't have a snack earlier. A free drink when I got there. It's quite chilly and somewhat rainy at times. I'm glad to have a warm coat, hat and gloves. I need to wrap my gifts soon. All are hidden in a specific area. Enjoy your week my friend. X Becky

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute gingerbread houses - Piper did a great job!! Love the socks for your MIL too - so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Family joys is the best kind of excitement! the socks turned out so prettily! Great job Piper!,

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great to see you and Piper having so much fun. I too have begun more charity knitting. I hope to get to my second b1anket this afternoon. The trees are up but just 1it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I too, feel such sadness for the people in Kentucky. Soon it will be cold and wet there and trying to salvage anything will be next to impossible. The best we can do is sent them prayers. I have never been in a tornado......sure sounds scary!!!
    You are amazing how fast you whip out all that knitting...Good Job!!!
    Piper's gingerbread houses are cute.
    Take care and be safe always.

    ReplyDelete