Monday, December 6, 2021

December 6

Oh my goodness, I am late in posting today aren’t I? I went over to Moms house early this morning and did several loads of laundry. Our washer and dryer is sitting in the middle of the guestroom along with the toilet! Then at noon I went to a quick care place to have my ear checked and I was there for almost 3 1/2 hours. I don’t think I told you that after my second shingles shot last week I was really sick the next day and ever since then I’ve had a very bad ear ache. Apparently my ear is perfectly fine and the doctor said it’s a common side effect of the shingles shot to have ear pain and swollen lymph nodes, (which I also have). My goodness it would be nice if they told us those things so we could be expecting it and not worrying.
Anyway, both things combined have made me late in my normal daily routine. 

Today’s advent stocking had a pair of fuzzy plaid socks, some candy and a peppermint Chapstick. The socks are perfect for today as it was 7°F with the windchill this morning.

The ornament I chose for today was a little camper that I bought to hang in the trailer last year when we were living in it at Christmas.  We have really good memories of that time. We are very hopeful that we’ll be able to find a new trailer next spring and at least take some short trips. I sure hope the price of gas comes down before then though, that could really put a damper on our travels.

I hope you are all having a wonderful Monday. I’ll see you tomorrow.

Blessings,
Betsy 

10 comments:

  1. Oh, the Granny Snowman ( snow person?) with her broom is so cute.
    I'm sorry about the side effects of your shingles shot. An earache that isn't really an earache? Strange but nevertheless painful. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The little camper ornament is so cute.

    Hope your ear is feeling better soon. Shingles seems to be the worst vaccine for causing side effects. It was way worse than my Covid vaccine side effects. Oh well, guess it is better than getting the actual shingles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear about your ear ache. I would have never expected that to be a side effect of a shingles vaccine! Brrrr, I bet those socks do feel good! And the every snowman is just as cute as the next.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got swollen lymph nodes in my groin from my Covid booster and that's not fun especially when I have to be crawling around on the floor doing kitchen stuff. I got them with my second shot too. It lasted a few days. Daughter was telling me that some of her adult lady students got swollen glands in their upper lady area and couldn't fit into their bras. At least I didn't have that problem...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your camper ornament - just so cute. Those socks look cozy and warm. So sorry about your ear ache. I have to get the shingles shots, but I am waiting until after the holidays...I am not looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i hope you're feeling better soon. Ear aches are the worst

    ReplyDelete
  7. yes, side effects....! I hope you are feeling better now! The camper ornament is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OHHHHH, I love your camper ornament! I didn't know the shingles vaccine had such bad side effects, sure hope you start feeling better soon. Enjoyed the scripture, God's Word always touches my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You know I 1ove the camper ornament. !!!!! I 1ove the renewing dai1y 1ove of our Creator. THanks for that

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, my! I hope your ear feels better soon. That is so hard to bear. May God send healing quickly to you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete