Thursday, December 23, 2021

December 23

It’s the eve of Christmas Eve! It’s hard to believe that it’s already here. I remember the years when our kids were growing up and all the work and effort that went into the holiday and then boom, it was over. It’s so much easier now to just enjoy every moment because I’m not as concerned about the little details.

Today my advent was more candy. I got the two little snowman on either side at a work gift exchange years ago and I don’t remember where the one in the middle came from.

I thought I would show you just a few of my other snowmen. The sugar and creamer I bought off Facebook marketplace for five dollars this year. Aren’t they cute?

I paid three dollars at the Goodwill for this cookie jar last spring. It has a different snowman scene on each side.

Some of my favorites. From left to right, Cindy at the “Delighted Hands” blog on my side bar made me a sweet little snowman last year. She turned it on her lathe. Isn’t he wonderful? He sits out year-round. Piper gave me Olaf several years ago. The one on the far right has been around for years and years. The snowman candy bowl was also bought at the Goodwill last spring for one dollar.

One more pair of mittens was completed yesterday in between baking cookies and doing nails.

This morning Piper and I took my sisters Christmas present to her while she was at work. Piper was thrilled when Uncle Tim walked out of the building. She wasn’t expecting him because she did not realize that he worked at the same place as my sister, his mother-in-law. I think Tim is her favorite person in the world. It’s a mutual admiration society between the two of them. 

Piper enlisted Papas help in carrying in boxes from our vanities and mirrors and she has built a house today in my craft area.  The first one is the front door and windows.
This is the inside, showing her living room with the TV and entertainment center.

This shows her bed on the right and the dining room table on the left with her babies playing on the floor.

I hope you enjoyed the tour of her little house. She really wanted me to show it to all of you. I love to see her using her imagination. Right now Papa is eating his dinner that she made him at the little table. She made fruit, lettuce and tomatoes and chicken, all out of paper! At least he’ll have a lot of fiber!🤣

Blessings and love,
Betsy





11 comments:

  1. I love Piper's imagination! What a wonderful house. She is so creative. Tell her I hope she designs houses when she gets older. She will have customers lining up to live in them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a very lovely and varied assortment of Snowmen ( Snow people).
    I like Piper's little house and the fact that she made paper food for Papa.
    Merry Christmas to you and your family. Now sure if I'll get another post done tomorrow and I didn't want to miss wishing you all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a very cool box house. She made Papa a very well-balanced meal. LOL

    Wishing you all a very merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the house Piper made from boxes! Creative youngster! I miss seeing my grandchildren!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your snowmen! Tell Piper I love her house! What a smart girl she is! Almost Merry Christmas to all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have so enjoyed meeting all your snow people!
    I remember building houses out of boxes when I was little. I have said to myself many times while living in that sea of ever shifting boxes for the last few years that it felt like playing house. I think that's what kept me sane.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've so enjoyed 'meeting' all of your snowmen! The house Piper made is amazing! Merry Christmas, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha-ha! A fiber rich meal. :) Definitely a very good imagination. All your snow-people are so very sweet. Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Piper's little house. She has quite an imagination! I collect snowmen too so I love seeing your collection.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Piper, I love your house! You are so creative & talented! It was such a joy to take a tour & I am so happy you shared it with us here. It brightened my day. I especially loved seeing your babies playing on the floor. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas! I always enjoy hearing about you here on the blog. God bless all of you!

    ReplyDelete