Saturday, December 4, 2021

December 4

Happy Saturday to everyone! I’m still feeling pretty lousy from my second shingles booster, but Dennis is up and going again. He just had one day of mild flu like symptoms where I am on my third day and still don’t feel very well. I am better than yesterday though. I just spoke with my sister on the phone and she reminded me that when she had her second shingles shot not too long ago, she didn’t feel well for almost a week so I guess it’s not abnormal.

My fourth day of advent was some more wonderful candy. The snowman is another one from my Facebook market find. I think I’ll show you all eight of those first. I love the bird in his hand and the eggs at his feet in this one.

I have shown this before on my blog many times, but it means the most to me of any of my Christmas ornaments. I received this from my kindergarten Sunday School teacher 56 years ago! It always hangs at the very top part of the tree.  I hope I never forget the true reason we celebrate the Christmas season. Seeing this every year serves to remind me of who was given to us so long ago.

I may have already told you this story, but in case I didn’t I will tell it again very quickly. I have always wanted Christmas pillows to decorate with. All I could find were pillows that cost anywhere between $15 and $30 at stores. I refuse to pay that much for something that will only be out for a month or two. After I saw a snowman pillow that I really liked at Lowe’s that cost $25, I came home and looked on Amazon. I think I showed you the four fall/Thanksgiving pillows that I displayed this year. At the same time I ordered four winter/Christmas themed pillow covers and four pillow forms. I can just take the Thanksgiving covers off and replace them with the Christmas covers. This one is one that will most likely be out all winter long. Isn’t he cute? All eight for less than $30.

Our little Zoey has been sleeping with Mommy and Daddy for the past couple of months now. She loves Saturday mornings when we stay in bed for a while and read or discuss our plans for the week.  It’s the only morning that we don’t just jump right out of bed and start our day. She absolutely loves this and lays as close to the two of us as she can get. Tonight we will have Piper and Lizzie to spend the night while the kids go to their Christmas party. Lizzie is now sleeping in bed with Mandy and Brad too. 🀣 Guess who said that would never happen? πŸ˜‚ This should be fun! It is fun to see the two of them snuggle after they have played long and hard. Last night they were sleeping with Zoey’s leg over Lizzy‘s back and Lizzie‘s front paw wrapped around Zoey‘s neck. I wonder if they laid like that in the litter?

I hope you all have a wonderful Saturday filled with fun things to do and lots of good things to eat. It is that season you know!

Blessings and love,
Betsy

11 comments:

  1. I hope you are feeling better soon. I'm feeling better but I do still have a slight headache and have no energy whatsoever. My two Grands got their second Covid shots today and they were much braver than I was!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope things are going better for you! The decorations are beautiful--the sleepover will be so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you feel better soon! Your snowman is just adorable. Can't wait to hear about the puppy sleepover, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your snow people are so cute! Zoey is cuter though! I love seeing her picture...it gives me my dog fix. I bet she and her litter mate are really cute together and so nice that you get to have Piper and the pups all at once. I had my shingles shot a while ago but I don't remember any reaction to it. I hope you feel better real soon! I remember those little ornaments and I'm pretty sure I had one too but no more. That is really special that you still have yours! Happy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Zoey could not look any more "snug as a bug in a rug". I'm so glad you opened your heart to a new pup. She looks like she found a wonderful family to be with.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your little Nativity, I had one just like it a long time ago. Not sure what happened to it, My Mom may still have it. We got it at Sunday School:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your doggy pals are so adorable. Obviously they know each other. I'm sure it's fun have Piper stay with you so her parents can gather at a party. I drove a new friend to Mt. Angel for an Hazelnut event. Many nice vendors and we found some items to buy. At lunch elsewhere then home. Praying you feel better. πŸ˜πŸ™πŸŽ„ Becky

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy second Sunday of Advent. I hope you had a fun evening with Piper and Lizzie.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Zoey is just darling! I like your snowmen too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The nativity ornament is so nice, a constant reminder of the birth of our Savior. Our dogbabies love to cuddle also, they are so spoiled and loved. Hope you have a very blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree with those pillow covers from Amazon. So much more affordable and can be changed out with different holidays. I have 4 vintage style covers that I just ordered. One of them is an older style church which I just love. Another is an old red barn and one is a red pickup with a Christmas tree in the back. The other is an old depiction of a snowman. They are all so cute and such a nice Christmas theme throughout. I hope you are feeling better soon. You have been so busy since your move. I've been reading but never commented. I guess that makes me a lurker but I do enjoy your posts and I love to see your knitting. I can't knit, so seeing your work is so appreciated. Ranee (MN)

    ReplyDelete