Monday, December 27, 2021

December 27

The winds, they are achangin.  Remember me talking about how warm it was?  Well the weather people said it was going to get cold and they were right. There is a definite chill in the air today and by the end of the week we are supposed to be subzero. Brrrrrrr

So far I have done nothing today except talk on the phone to several people and take my shower. Although I did get one mitten while I was talking on the phone, so I guess I was multitasking. 

Two more pair of mittens done yesterday and a LOT more to go.

On Friday I got the sweetest package in the mail from my friend Sherri in Las Vegas. She sends me several pairs of mittens every year to give to the school kids so that’s what I thought was in the package at first. But just look at these cute things she sent! A sweet little snowman pin with purple accessories. She definitely knows me and my favorite color.  Attached to the snowman are three stitch markers and progress keepers. She also gave me a B and a Q with shiny little stones in them. Then there is a travel tissue holder and an accessory pouch with snowman fabric. Oh my! I was so surprised. 🎄 I hadn’t expected anything. Thank you so much Sherri. I love everything.

The contractor is supposed to be back this afternoon sometime to do a few finishing touches on the main bathroom. Tomorrow he will tear out the vanity and floor in the master bathroom and put the new ones in. On Wednesday the plumber is supposed to be here to hook everything up and it will all be done! How exciting is that? I’m very pleased and although it would have been nice to have it all done before Christmas, from what we’ve been able to tell so far, everyone who’s worked on it has done a great job with the exception of the substitute drywaller! However Steve, our contractor fixed that up to look great.

We went out and bought new pendant lights for the bathroom last week and Dennis put them up on Friday. I had wanted to just keep the older ones but I was outvoted by everyone. I do like the way these look though. You can see in the mirrors that the washer and dryer are directly across from the vanity. They still have to cut down the doors that go on the laundry closet. Adding the floor planking made the doors just a little bit too long. Our house in Spokane had all white doors and trim. I do miss that. This house has all wood trim and although it’s easier to take care of and doesn’t get scuff marks on it like the white trim did, it doesn’t look as clean to me either. You can see the trim color in the mirror. Obviously there are no faucets at the sinks or in the tub/shower yet.

I am hoping to find a new picture or two for the walls in here.  We also have to pick up towel bars and the toilet paper holder. Dennis will put those in himself.

I hope your week is starting out well for all of you and that your weekend was a good one. It’s hard to believe that Christmas is over and we’re getting ready for New Year’s isn’t it?

Much love and many blessings,
Betsy


16 comments:

  1. Your friend sent a wonderful gift, I love them all!! It's been so hot here, hot enough for the grands to be in the pool Christmas Eve afternoon!! I know you'll be glad when all the construction is done, I know I would be!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bathroom is really coming along! We remodeled our main bathroom this fall so I know what a big job it is, but it is so worth it in the end. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot to mention your gifts from Sherri. What a sweet and thoughtful friend she is. I love the little snowman!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're supposed to have our first snow on Saturday, ugh... it's still in the 60s here through tomorrow but set to be in the 30s by Wednesday. I would rather skip straight to Spring... you know me, not a Winter person at all. Although I do like snowman, snowflake, and cardinal items... well, cardinals in real life too as they're my favorite bird. // Grandson Andrew says Kaylee will be induced on Wednesday (the doctor will be on vacation starting Friday when the baby is actually due, which is why they're doing this early)... please pray for them and the baby (a girl -- our first great-grandbaby) that all goes well. I'm sure they will all be fine... everyone is so excited! // Yay for your almost-finished bathroom! Woot!! Be blessed, my friend! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fun to receive a surprise gift! Glad your bathroom project is coming to an end. That was a big project and it looks like you had the right people for the job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The trim in our second bedroom was painted a dark brown. It made the room look dowdy and (you are right) *dirty*. When we repainted the house interior, we had all the trim done in High-hide white. I love it. So easy to clean and gives a little bit of shine to the trim.

    I love your counter top in the bathroom and those lights match so well. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to see a photo of you wearing those sparkly earrings! Looks like your remodeling is almost done. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. TU BAÑO ESTA QUEDANDO ESPECTACULAR, MUY BUEN GUSTO. TAMBIEN NOS PREPARAMOS PARA LA FIESTA DE FIN DE AÑO, EL 31 ESTAREMOS SOLO NOSOTROS LOS QUE VIVEN AQUI Y EL 1 DE ENERO VENDRA TODA MI FAMILIA EXTENDIDA, MIS HIJOS, MIS NUERAS, YERNOS Y NIETOS, SEREMOS COMO COMO 22 PERSONAS, PASAREMOS TODO EL DIA DEL NUEVO AÑO JUNTOS, ¿NO ES LO MEJOR DE TODO EMPEZAR EL AÑO NUEVO RODEADA DE TUS HIJOS? SOY MUY BENDECIDA, Y ME SIENTO BENDECIDA DE TENERTE COMO AMIGA A LA DISTANCIA, GRACIAS POR TENER EN TU BARRA LATERAL EL NOMBRE DE MI BLOG, ERES INCREIBLE. BENDICIONES DULCE HERMANA.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOUR BATHROOM IS LOOKING SPECTACULAR, VERY GOOD TASTE. WE ARE ALSO PREPARING FOR THE NEW YEAR'S EVE PARTY, ON THE 31ST IT WILL BE JUST US WHO LIVE HERE AND ON JANUARY 1ST ALL MY EXTENDED FAMILY WILL COME, MY SONS, DAUGHTERS-IN-LAW, SONS-IN-LAW AND GRANDCHILDREN, WE WILL BE LIKE 22 PEOPLE, WE WILL SPEND THE WHOLE DAY OF THE NEW YEAR TOGETHER, ISN'T IT THE BEST OF ALL TO START THE NEW YEAR SURROUNDED BY YOUR CHILDREN? I AM VERY BLESSED, AND I FEEL BLESSED TO HAVE YOU AS A FRIEND FROM AFAR, THANK YOU FOR HAVING MY BLOG NAME IN YOUR SIDEBAR, YOU ARE AMAZING. BLESSINGS SWEET SISTER.

      Delete
  9. What a sweet little package!

    Love your lights. We need a pair for the livingroom, but I have NOT been loving anything I've seen in the stores. I told Dave we aren't getting something until I find just the right one. We don't need the light (the room is currently lit by a large floor lamp), it's just the connections are there in the ceiling so it's put something in or re-tile the ceiling. So I can wait until I find just the right thing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, my goodness! That picture at the end of your post is just so heartwarming! I know what you mean - I cannot believe Christmas is over. I don't want it to end! We have decided to keep our tree up for a long time. I am just not ready to let it go. It was one of our happiest ever. God is so good.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's near the end of the year and Christmas was good and then we had a snowy day afterwards. Will see how cold it stays this week! A bit of more snow today. Hope it gets warm enough to drive to other side of freeway to due a few things and stay warm . I enjoy the mittens you make.That is so kind to make them and have a friend send you some and nice gifts for you! I like the snowman with purple on it! Birds in snow and scripture verse are nice! Lovely picture!! God bless~Becky

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your dedication to the mitten project is fabulous - God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those little bags are darling!
    I love the peek at your new bathroom. I love those drop lights. We are still fighting over the broken stove. No one wants to give us a new one just because this one stinks to high heaven. I wish I could take it outside and just let it run for days but I can't have it smoking up the house every time I turn the thing on. It burns your eyes and gives me a terrible headache. We've tried burning it off 8 times now and it only gets worse.
    And no, those aren't the square needles. I'd love to try those. Maybe I'll have to gift myself a pair one day. I know Arne and Carlos love them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice gifts!! I really like your bathroom, the vanity looks so pretty and I like the lights!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a sweet gift in the mail! The mittens are so cute! Fun to decorate new spaces in our homes!

    ReplyDelete