Tuesday, December 21, 2021

December 21

It’s another bright blue sunny sky out there this morning. Very cold though. I just had a nice, hour long phone chat with Sherri who lives in Las Vegas. Sherri helps every year by making several pair of mittens for the children and sends them on to me. She has been a reader of my blog for many years and we have become friends. Please keep her in your prayers as she’s dealing with some health issues with her mom and other family members.

I have one more blue snowman that I’ve had for many years. He is much bigger at about 9 inches tall. I just love his stocking cap and sweet buttons. I have more yummy candy today too!

The ornament I’m showing you today is one that Jamie, our middle son, made me when he was in Cub Scouts many, many years ago. It is one of my favorites. Since he will be 39 in the spring, that tells you how many years it has hung on our tree.
Piper asked me Sunday afternoon for another pair of mittens so when hers are wet she has a warm, dry pair to put on. She chose these colors out of my stash. They were the last colors I would have expected her to choose! 🤷‍♀️😂
She also took this picture of Zoey on Sunday. I thought it was so cute with her eyes closed.

I made a run to the hardware store this morning to get hinges for the bathroom cabinet in our bedroom. Dennis has been busy painting it to match the new vanity and we wanted to put new hinges on to match the vanity faucet. Well, apparently it’s a homemade medicine cabinet, because none of the hinges will match up with the holes. I guess it will be nickel colored spray paint to the rescue! It won’t be the first time we’ve done that.

I hope you have a wonderful afternoon. Christmas is getting close on the three more full days! I’ll see you tomorrow.

Blessings,
Betsy

9 comments:

  1. Awwwwwwwwwwwwww...Zoey's photo is adorable.

    Jamie did a great job on his ornament. I have a clay angel that Stephen made in 3rd grade. It is one of my greatest treasures. He had a very creative art teacher in elementary and they did some fun projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It hasn't rained for hours in our town which is so good. It is cold though so I wore my gloves when I went shopping aftern Bible study this a.m. Zoey's photo reminded me of a dog decal on passenger window on a car I drove by. It looked like it was in the breeze, eyes closed and fur flapping the the breeze! It made me laugh when I saw it! I need to get a few more cards out in mail this afternoon!! Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Piper is lucky to have a mitten provider handy! My tree is memory ornaments, too. It won't be featured in a magazine, but they all mean so much to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was gray and gloomy here and very cold. That's my kind of weather and I got out into the woods with Pup today for a walk to celebrate the solstice. Red birds always remind me of my dear departed MIL. I didn't know her very well but I know she collected red bird figurines. Every time I see a cardinal in the yard I think of her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colors Piper chose for her mittens! So pretty! And the picture of Chloe is just priceless. God bless all of you, sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have much dampness and grey-ness here! It is raw (low 30's) and I heard it raining during the night. I like the colors Piper picked out for her mittens and what a cute picture of Zoey! Bird ornaments are some of my favorites - love the one Jamie made for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a nice pic of Zoey !!!! Interesting choice of colors for Piper's mittens but it will make her happy!

    ReplyDelete