Thursday, November 26, 2020

Thanksgiving 2020

I hope you all have had a wonderful Thanksgiving day. Even if you don’t live in the US and celebrate Thanksgiving day, I still hope you found something to be thankful and grateful for today.

We were able to spend over two hours zooming with Mandy, Piper, Alex and Tara. It was wonderful. Did I miss seeing them in person today? Of course I did. The last time I saw ANY, and I mean ANY of our family was last Thanksgiving. It has been an entire year since I saw any of our kids. I have never, ever gone that long since they were born without seeing any of them. Or seeing any family at all, for that matter. We had no idea when we were all together then what the year 2020 would bring for all of us. We were all planning to be at a wedding this fall. Well, that has had to be postponed. It had been several years before that since we had all been able to be together so it was a very, very special weekend indeed.

Looking back on what this year has brought us as a family, there has been much heartache and worry, but there has still been much to be grateful for. I know that I feel very, very blessed in my life.

We ate our chicken enchiladas for dinner as we talked to the kids. Mandy‘s family had already eaten. Her wonderful mother-in-law had made an entire Thanksgiving dinner yesterday and took care packages to all three of their kids houses and left them on the doorstep. The only thing Mandy had to make was the sweet potatoes. Alex and Tara were cooking their dinner while we talked and ate just before we hung up. It was wonderful.

I actually had photos to show you, but they came across as very, very blurry so they’re not even worth posting. I’m not sure what happened with them.

After we hung up, my wonderful husband did all of the cleanup and wouldn’t let me lift a finger.  He always cleans up the kitchen on Thanksgiving with the kids, even when I make a huge meal. Of course, he washes dishes other times as well. 😍 Afterwards we took a nice long walk with Chloe. After we brought her back to the RV, we went on a drive around the countryside, just looking at the mountains and the beautiful part of the country that we live in.  The roads were almost empty and it was a very pleasant ride.

Mini sock update..... I have 24 done!  I’ll show you tomorrow!

Happy Thanksgiving my friends. Each of you are another reason I’m thankful. I feel very blessed to have you all in my life.

Much love and many blessings to you all,
Betsy







12 comments:

  1. So thankful you had a wonderful day and were able to zoom call your children. Life is so strange anymore. It seems like few things stay the same, but I am so thankful our God never changes. May He bless and keep you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi dear Betsy, yes we never ever know what the future holds... but we know who holds the future and we must rest in that. In the safest wisest hands of our Lord and Saviour.. so yes 2020 has been very very different, I’m praying re hubby’s work and your need of health care too. We know that our God shall supply all our needs according to our riches in Christ Jesus.
    God bless dear Betsy.
    Happy thanksgiving with your Chloe and your dear kind hubby.

    Thanks for sharing, and God bless, Shaz in Oz.x

    {Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
    {Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}


    ReplyDelete
  3. It was in the 70's here yesterday which was nice for those celebrating outside. No family here. Just Zoom. In a way it was nice because I got to see all the new things they have going on in each of their houses. I haven't even been to middle son's new house in Michigan. They moved in right before lockdown.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you were able to Zoom your kids. Not the same as in real life, but certainly something to be thankful for.

    YOU are among my blessings. Wishing you a very happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We zoomed too it was better than not seeing them! Technology helps a bit during these uncertain times:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you managed to have a good Thanksgiving in spite of everything.
    It must be incredibly hard not being able to actually be with your children but at least you could see and hear them via technology.
    You got all 24 little socks made!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds like the most perfect day considering everyone is so far apart. I was blessed to have my boys and their girlfriends here, it was wonderful. Stay safe Betsy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your virtual family Thanksgiving sounds like fun! We got to go to Travis' house where Kristi made the whole feast for us. We've kept them in our very limited amount of people that we can be with.. our "bubble". Time for me to pack up my turkeys and pilgrims and put my Christmas stuff out! ::-) I hope you have a wonderful weekend. Tell Dennis we said hi! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So nice that you got to zoom with your family. It sounds like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We have much for which to be thankful, don't we, dear Betsy. I remember the stories from the Little House books and how difficult it was for families to have any contact with family members once they pioneered their way West to settle on new land many miles from where they started. Zoom and FaceTime and such today are a great blessing. I did a lot of texting and some FaceTime visits yesterday.💜🙏

    ReplyDelete
  11. Betsy, We do have so much to be thankful for. ! Just said to my pal , In los angeles, that last christmas was so special becAUSE SHE joined us and those memories are really helping this year. God' Knows.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great post--so much to be thankful for is right!

    ReplyDelete