Thursday, November 12, 2020

November Challenge Day 11

Here it is, 11:30 in the evening once again. This one will be short and sweet. The challenge today was to share our outfit of the day.  That isn’t hard for me at all. I wore a light blue dress with a little white flowers on it. Early this morning I wore my snow boots when I went for my mammogram and to take Chloe to the vet and then for her walk. Most of the day however, I wore my slippers and my knitted worsted weight socks. I also had my head covering on. I wear the same type of thing most days.  I have seven dresses that I choose from every day. It sure makes getting dressed easier in the morning than when I had a lot of clothes to choose from. I like this much better.  I also have six sundresses that I wear in the summer, made with the same pattern, just with no sleeves.

Thank you all for your kind wishes about the mammogram and Chloe. I arrived bright and early at the hospital this morning and was done and headed home in less than 15 minutes. I have to say, mammograms are much more painful since I got my pacemaker. They had to take seven different pictures on that side and only two on the other side. Of course the side with the pacemaker is the side that I have three lumps so they have to do extra pictures every year to see if they have changed from the year before.

Chloe had her tests and we were told it will probably be 2 to 3 days before we hear the results. She did great. Then I took her for a walk when we got back to the park and she ran through the snow covered field like a puppy and rolled in the snow. She amazes me.

This afternoon I went to our storage unit and brought back two totes of winter decorations. Mainly my stuffed snowmen and some candles. I also set the nativity scene up on our dresser in the bedroom. It may seem a little early, and I have never, ever put winter things out this early, but with all of the snow, the fall decorations seemed a bit out of place. And I just wanted the cheerfulness of the happy little snowman around me!  Apparently it is a thing this year, and people are decorating for Christmas early just to have some cheerful things around. It helps with being cooped up inside so much. Mandy and Piper put their Christmas tree up last weekend!

I started knitting this matching scarf tonight to go with the hat that I made yesterday. They are both for a Packers fan and I hope he likes them.

I know that I am a little late and Veterans Day is almost over, but I want to say thank you to all the veterans out there. I would like to say a special thank you to my Dad who served in the Navy in World War II.  My brother Roger who served in the Navy during the Vietnam era.  My brother-in-law Mike Danahy who served in the Army.  All three of these men have now passed away but I am grateful for them and their service to our country.

Also, a very special thank you to my husband Dennis who served in the Air Force. Many of you also have spouses and relatives who served in the military. If they are still here please tell them thank you for me. I am grateful to all who have sacrificed their time and their lives in order to guarantee for the rest of us the freedoms that we all enjoy.

And now, I am off to bed. I am wishing you all a good night.  Several of you are facing the hurricane and it’s effects tonight and tomorrow.  I want you to know that I am thinking of you and praying for you.

Blessings and love, 
Betsy

16 comments:

  1. Thank you for your comment on my Remembrance Day post. I always find it a difficult somewhat emotional day for me as it brings back many memories mostly happy ones of times with my father. One of my objectives to honour the fallen and those who served is that my grand-daughter understands and becomes fully aware of the sacrifice so many made and continue to make so that we can live a decent peaceful life free of tyranny, so she may pass this knowledge on to her children too. I was delighted to read in your comment in Teresa's latest post how Piper thanked her Grandpa for his service....so sweet!! Do hope Chloe gets better soon!! As for breast screening ...I should have had mine back in May but due to Covid it has been delayed...the hospitals are saturated here. Take care Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been weeding out my clothes for a year or so now. Still have too many especially since I tend to wear the same things over and over again for walking since that's the only thing I currently do outside. I'd say your space is for you to do with as you please, at any time. Decorate away! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My aunt put her Christmas tree up on Halloween because she said with Covid you never know so she might as well enjoy it while she can. I like her attitude. Old norms really don't work anymore I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The scarf looks very "Packer-y". :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad all went well with your mammogram, although I don't envy you the pain. Hopefully all will be well with Chloe. Christmas decorations seems to be popping up all over the place. If it brings a little cheer to peoples lives why not. I must admit I have been watching Christmas movies and listening to Christmas music a little earlier than usual. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't like mammograms. I tell the machine that "no matter how hard yok squeeze, you ain't getting any milk out of these girls".😆
    I want to get back to crocheting again. Since my finger injury it's hard maneuvering the thread over the dressing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oops! I met to say have a wonderful day sweet friend!❤

    ReplyDelete
  8. My wardrobe is casual and much the same every day. I like dresses but the excessive wind here is not conducive to wearing dresses. I’ve been thinking of decorating earlier this year, too. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Greetings from the coast of Maine!
    I happen to stumble on your blog while visiting a friend's...so thankful that I did...we are in much the same place in life...I am the wife of an amazing man, mama to three fine sons and two "daughters", and nana to 4 little blessings...and God is so good! I loved looking at all the knitting you have been working on...I will return soon!
    Sweet blessings,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have a few more dresses than you - but like you, they are all of the same style. When you find something that works for you, why do anything else? The only thing I have to decide in the morning is what colour I want to wear!
    Mine are same winter or summer - they all have spaghetti straps - so in the winter, I wear tights (I have some awesome fleece-lined ones!) and a nice wooly cardigan!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree with you that comfortable clothes rule. I think it's neat that you sew your own dresses. I wear cotton stretchy pants and tunic tops and have enough to have a choice and have colors for the seasons, too. I'm glad Chloe is okay, we want her to be with you for a long time. I'm amazed that you have snow when we are having sunshine here.. but rain is coming. But it's okay with me. I think it's great that you are decorating for Christmas. I am anxious to start too, but my rule is to do it the day after Thanksgiving and since I have those decs out now, I'll stick with that. Have a super weekend! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wear a limited wardrobe, too! It's nicer that way! I'm glad the test is over for both you and Chloe--no fun but part of the deal. Be careful in all of the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love comfy clothes. Ha ha aha. Fireman told me yesterday I have to toss out two shirts. I have worn them to death. So what? Okay. I will. But I love an old shirt.
    I do wear lipstick and mascara everyday. But , thats dressed up for me!
    Blue jeans rock

    ReplyDelete
  14. Please tell Dennis thank you for his service! You had a busy morning....glad all went well so far for the mammo and Chloe...yes we all need a bit of cheer!
    I love a dress on hot summer days...I bought a few in Hawaii. I usually just wear capris and a shirt...sometimes even in the winter! My brothers sometime laugh at me capris and snow boots...but I don't care:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your wardrobe choices and like wearing the same basic outfits again and again...today I'm wearing two sweaters, thick tights and socks and slacks...its chilly and rainy. 💜🙏

    ReplyDelete
  16. So thankful you and Chloe made it through your tests and trusting Jesus for great results for both of you. I know what you mean about a scaled-down wardrobe. I practically live in jean skirts and t-shirts, and removing all the stuff I never wore was very liberating. It certainly does remove the stress of choosing something to wear! Removing my skinnier clothes was also liberating. I am still doing the daily intermittent fasting and trusting the Lord to help me lose the excess weight, but it was such a depressing reminder to see the clothes staring at me that I will more than likely never be able to wear again. As we get older, we realize more and more what is important and what triggers our stress and anxiety. It is best to just get rid of it and find peace! So thankful to visit with you early this morning, sweet friend. Many blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete