Saturday, November 7, 2020

November Challenge Day 6

Today’s challenge is to list your pet peeves. I really can’t think of a lot of pet peeves that I have. Mainly I think I have two.

1.  My kids could tell you this one.  I have said it for as long as I can remember. It’s people who say, “I could care less.”  If you could care less, then please do care less.  What is really meant is, “I couldn’t care less.”  I know. That sounds very petty, but for some reason it just grates on my nerves and I hear it a lot. 

2.  The other thing is the unbelievable rudeness of people in public. Rude in so many different ways. Manners seem to be completely gone and just plain being mean to people seems to be the norm.  Everyone seems to want their own way these days and many feel that their opinion is the only one that matters. Sometimes I’m glad that I don’t go very many places anymore because of the virus. I don’t have to be exposed to the mean pettiness that seems to be so prevalent.  I just stay safe in my little cocoon. 😍

Chloe had to go to the vet this morning for her six month check because of the medication she takes for arthritis. They have to check her liver to make sure the medication isn’t affecting it negatively. The vet just cannot believe that she is a 15-year-old dog. She says that whatever we’re doing to keep on doing it because she’s one of the healthiest dogs she’s seen in a long time. Chloe is losing her hearing and some of her sight, but that’s just a normal consequence of aging. The vet said her heart is in fantastic condition and she loves to run and play with the other dogs here at the park.

I did see a sign outside as I was waiting for them to bring Chloe back out to me, (they come to the car and get her and bring her back out. I’m not allowed to get out of the car at all.) Anyway, the sign said “Please remember social distancing. Keep two great Danes or seven Chihuahuas between you!”  I thought that was hilarious.

I finished a C.C. Hat and a pair of mittens that will be a Christmas gift. I ended up making three mittens because after I made one, I thought it was probably too big for the recipient, so I went down a size. Now I’ll make a matching one for the big mitten and put it in the donation bag. Maybe one of the teachers will need some mittens too.

That’s about it for me. Dennis stopped on his way home from work tonight and picked up a pizza. Pizza Hut had large three topping pizzas for just $9.99. That’s a pretty good deal and it will be both dinner tonight and our lunch tomorrow. Take care my friends and hopefully I’ll be back tomorrow with day seven of the challenge.

Blessings,
Betsy

15 comments:

  1. When we went to pick up our groceries on Thursday the cart lady stuck her head in our car window to say hello to Pup who was in the back seat. She had a mask on but still...no wonder our numbers are so high again. People just aren't thinking. The windows will be UP from now on for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the hat and mittens. We are sojourners here, so press on ward dear friend when the selfishness of others rears it's ugly head. Being mean and treating others in a hateful manner, sadly, has become the norm. We are living in the days of "itching ears". Sound doctrine is no longer sustainable. But we can hold onto His word and know that He holds the future and that we will not be forsaken. Praise God for His mercy and His love. Wishing you a day filled with much joy and many blessings sweet friend. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a beautiful purple hat and mittens.. someone is going to be very lucky to receive those. Too bad Cobra won't work for you so you can go ahead and move to be by your girls soon. Piper will grow up so fast. We're sitting by the fire and enjoying the day. Our grandson Hayden is here with us for the weekend. I'm so glad we set up a cozy bedroom for each of them upstairs so they can be at home here with us anytime they want. Have a great weekend. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you about people being rude. It's like that have this entitlement attitude. The hat and mittens look so cute. I really like the color too. Stay safe my friend.💕

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thankfully, I have run into just a little bit of rude and a whole lot of people trying their best to make things better, give a sm-eyes smile with their masks on, and say something nice.

    Glad Chloe is doing well. Give her an extra little scratch behind the ears and tell her it is from me (and Giroux).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amen . Betsy I am so filled with hope for our country.
    I have to admit I was a bit of a snot today. I am not sick. I was wearing a mask that said VOTE on it. We walked a lakefront path, and when we passed a few people, (maybe a dozen the whole trail) if they didn't have a mask on , I began to cough and cough. Father forgive me...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't go many places so I don't come in contact with the kind of people you mention. On our walks we more or less meet the same people that we know by sight but not by name. Almost all greet us. I know my sister tells me that at her grocery store the staff is unfriendly. It's hard to go about ones life when people are rude or just plain unfriendly. I suppose all we can do is show them a better way to be.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am trilled all went well with the vet, the sign really made me laugh too. I am thankful that we don't come across too much rudeness here on the Island but then we don't go too far either. Love the hat and mittens I bet they will be warm. Stay safe dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice sentiments--I completely understand the desire to remove myself from 'the masses'!
    I'm glad Chloe is healthy! Beautiful knits!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You do seem like someone who would not have a lot of pet peeves. You're so nice. But, the two you wrote about are two of mine. Well, the "could care less", it's not that it bothers me, I've just never understood why anyone would say that. :) The rudeness, oh my goodness, drives me crazy...people who won't say excuse me, or give me a mean look when I say excuse me, especially in places like Walmart, taking up an entire aisle with family and buggy and kids. I try extra hard to be kind and nice to folks, thinking maybe a little will rub off on some. I like staying home too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such good news that Chloe is doing so well for her age!! I rather like being an Island...that is what we have been calling it. Hermit lifestyle agrees with my husband...he has been relatively healthy since Covid began. Our hope is that he won't get covid...cause that will be bad. Several Doctors have said he will not survive it. So we are very careful:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have a few pet peeves as well. Your 2nd one was me too...I haven't been around much rude people, except for those who are driving...ARG! Nice hat and mittens. I need to get things done this week. Always something to do. Phil is off 2 days this week. We were outdoors looking at spot by garage. Figuring what to do where. Hopefully we will get most of it done this month. It is quite chilly outdoors. Phil got a phone call from his brother, Dave, this evening. Their uncle, Vernon, is in hospital with the virus. Not too good and would appreciate prayers for him. He lives in PA. Too far away from us. Couldn't see him anyway, we've not been there for years. Take care, have a blessed week my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mm agree on the couldntcate less attitude too Betsy. And on second peece too. Think I could think of more esp todays world.
    Sad isn't it, praying much for your nation, may God have mercy ... lovely indeed mittens and cap, well done.
    Thanks for sharing, and may God bless and keep you and all whom you love safe and well.
    Prayer hugs, Shaz in Oz. X

    {Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
    {Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am really enjoying your frequent posting. Always so happy to see a post from you in our inbox. God bless you, sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The vet sign made me laugh out loud 😃I admire the pretty purple hat and mittens you made! I have been racking my brain wondering if I have erred by exercising either of your pet peeves when I am around you...if so please forgive me, because I always want to please you dear Betsy. 😊💜🙏

    ReplyDelete