Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Day Three of the November Challenge

Today I’m supposed to share with you three ways to win my heart.

1.  You would have to be honest. My father-in-law used to tell our children that you are only as good as your word. The first time you are caught in a lie, even if it’s the only time you ever lie, you can never get that total trust back with the person you lied to or were dishonest with.  I know without a doubt that my Dennis is the most honest person I have ever met in my life.

2.  You have to be a kind person who cares about others. I believe that this one is self-explanatory.  You would have to try to the best of your ability to never knowingly hurt someone or something.

3.  Chocolate. Lots and lots of chocolate. 😍

Thank you to those who gave me advice about the shawl. To those of you who said I would never be happy unless I rip it out and knit it again, you are probably right. I think what I will do is knit it it using each skein of yarn for alternate rows. That way there should be a consistent color change throughout. Thank you for all of your wonderful advice.

I was asked a question about my post yesterday regarding the fact that the little town that I grew up in that was part of Iowa, was in the middle of Omaha, Nebraska. The flood that changed the course of the Missouri River and left that bit of Iowa in Nebraska, happened long before I was born. I honestly don’t know what year it was, but it wasn’t the horrendous floods of 1993 that damaged a lot of things along the length of the Missouri River.

Another thing I found interesting as I read through the comments was how many of us can’t swim! And here all of these years I thought I was alone out there. Ha! It’s good to know that I am in such wonderful company of non-swimmers!

I have started knitting mittens again for next year and I made two pair today as the rain pounded down on the roof of the RV. I was so glad it wasn’t snow. In fact, snow isn’t in the forecast until next Tuesday. Hallelujah! That gets us through one more week without the white stuff on the ground as almost all of the 7 inches that fell last Friday has melted.

We have had some unsettling news that I am not at liberty to share right now, but it could affect our retirement plans in a big way. Please keep us in your prayers as decisions are made in the next days and weeks. I’m sorry to be so mysterious and I will definitely share details with you as soon as I can.  Don’t worry, we are both healthy and it has nothing to do with that.

Blessings and hugs, 
Betsy

17 comments:

  1. Sending good wishes that all works out in a way you will like.

    2020 sure has brought a raft of issues for many of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you with the chocolate. With the uncertainty of the pandemic we have hoarded as much chocolate as we have toilet paper...lol.
    Sorry to hear of your retirement worries. Even when it works out, it is a scary time with so many decisions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keeping you and Dennis in my thoughts - glad your health is ok and hoping things work out the way you would like. Chocolate!!! Of course you could win my heart with chocolate too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying everything works out the way you and Dennis need.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for you and Dennis whatever your situation is God will guide you!
    I kike chocolate too! And I can swim:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love reading about your principles--excellent words. I will be praying for the ripple in your plans!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you can up with a brilliant idea for your shawl, such a smart girl :) You and Dennis are in my prayers, God bless you both.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sending you good wishes. I will keep you and Dennis in my prayers.
    Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  9. You and Dennis are in God’s hands, and He will see you through this rough patch.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad you are doing what makes you feel right about the shawl. I will pray for you and Dennis.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow...frog the gorgeous shawl and re-knit it?! I know you can do it, but I still think it is lovely as is/was.🤗💜🙏

    ReplyDelete
  12. Will keep you and Dennis in my prayers that everything works out okay for your retirement.

    ReplyDelete
  13. More prayers for my sweet Betsy. You are in the right hands, God's. Praying for peace. And rest

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Betsy, sorry I haven't been commenting.. we were busy coming home from the beach then I have had doctors appointments on Mon, Tues and today. So, very hectic. The election has also had me wound up. Sigh. So.. I will read your other posts to see what is happening with your shawl. I was so hoping that Dennis would be able to retire very soon so you can live your dream of moving near your daughter and precious Piper before she grows up much more. Sending you my best wishes and from Dayle too. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. It must have been so cozy knitting away with the rain coming down outside your RV.
    I hope whatever the unsettling thing is that is happening will work out for the best. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nothing is a surprise to God.
    As Job prayed.. though He slay me yet will I trust in Him.
    Thanks for sharing, and may God bless and keep you and all whom you love safe and well.
    Prayer hugs, Shaz in Oz. X

    {Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
    {Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

    ReplyDelete
  17. Bless your heart, I am so sorry you have received unsettling news. On top of everything going on in our country, the timing couldn't have been worse. May the Lord bless you and guide you and give you His peace. Sending hugs your way!

    ReplyDelete