Thursday, November 19, 2020

November Challenge Day 18

Today’s challenge is to share my collections with you. Well, with all of the photos I’ve been posting, you all know that I collect snowmen. For many years I collected bells but when we downsized I was forced to get rid of all but the most sentimental of them. I do still have about 20 bells, but they’re packed away in storage. I also have a lot of angel figurines. Most of them are packed away in storage too.

My angels remind me of the angels that I truly believe are all around us, we just can’t see them. I believe they are watching over us and taking care of us every day.

I guess you could say I’m a collector of yarn too. I certainly have enough of it. Most of it is also in the storage unit safely packed away in sealed plastic totes. I have it in the very front of the unit so I can get to it whenever I want.

I absolutely loved reading the comments on my last several posts. There are a lot of you out there that have never commented before and it was so wonderful to find out you are there and your names too. I would love to get to know you all better.

I know you all just saw this photo last week but I thought I should at least show you one photo of part of my snowman collection.

I am turning the heel on my second sock and hopefully will have it finished to show you tomorrow night. 

I have been working on Christmas cards and hope to mail them early next week. I know it’s early, but I wanted to get them mailed so people have our new address before they start sending cards.  We already received the first Christmas card of the season yesterday from Shaz in Australia. It’s the beautiful card in the photo below.  She makes all of her cards by hand and it is absolutely stunning.  Everything is hand cut and it has little gems on it too. Such a special card to be the first one we’ve received this year.



Take care and stay safe everyone. 
Blessings, 
Betsy

16 comments:

  1. Although I haven't posted comments on all your November Challenge posts I have been reading them avidly! Most particularly your last post and the enthralling account of your trip to Japan and the reason for it! Fabulous Betsy how kind you are!!! However, I can only try to imagine the horror your son went through experiencing that awful tsunami and the rest of the catastrophic events at that time. I cannot either imagine the worry and stress you went through during that time too and also living so far away from your son would have made it that bit worse!! I shall not be sending out Christmas cards to the family this year..more's the pity!! Many of my family members live in Australia and New Zealand and the borders are closed their for postage from Spain still. I will have to rely on e-cards instead. Your snowman collection is adorable!! Like yourself I collect yarn too but I think it is really an addiction as my stash never seems to go down LOL! That is a beautiful card! I can understand how pleased you are with it. Keep well Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful card. I like to collect vintage craft patterns, they make me smile which is what a collection should do. Your snowmen make me smile, a lovely collection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The whimsical and the serious...very nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that card! Beautiful.

    Cute snowmen too. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  5. We already received a Christmas card too!! Like you, these people are moving (next Tuesday) and wanted folks to have their new address.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I received a change of address/Christmas card recently. It’s always good to receive the notes and letters from family and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know I love your little snow-friends! Beautiful card too. I always try to get my Christmas cards mailed the first week of December - if I don't, I always get to busy and they never get mailed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a beautiful handmade card! I love the idea of making my cards but they always end up looking like a 4 year old's craft project. I am SO not an artist! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always send "photo" cards, everything from my children's weddings to new grandchildren, to collections of events of the year. When I had nine grandchildren, I dressed the whole group up in costumes and staged the nativity. I donated the costumes to a far away church of a friend. The next year we had surprise number 10! This year I am stumped. I am bored with photos in masks . . .

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the snowmen. I have a friend who makes cards, too. They are like a gift unto themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a lovely hand made card. I'm in awe of those who can make such works of art. I'm afraid I don't have the talent for it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice card. I'm working on my photos that I just got in my laptop this afternoon. Need to figure out what ones to use for 3 calendars I'm making for gifts. Another one from Shutterfly which is free thru Sunday. I have a lot of yarn I need next year.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well Betsy I think that’s the first arrived card of all the ones I’ve mailed, I’ve nearly done all my overseas ones, only two more to go and I’ve started on Aust ones too.
    I was surprised to read in the comments about mail not allowed from Spain to Aust as we even get mail from China here.
    I think border closure are on the people coming in not mail. I’m pretty sure on that. I’d try mailing anyway.
    Thanks for sharing, and God bless, Shaz in Oz.x

    {Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
    {Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

    ReplyDelete
  14. Psalm 91:11 is a comfort, isn't it. My mom had an angel collection and I enjoy having one from it. Thanks for the cheery view of your snowmen 💜⛄🙏

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't how in the world I missed this post. I try to make sure I comment on each one, but sometimes a few slip through the cracks. It was neat to see that you got a card from Shaz. She comments on my blog sometimes, and she joined in our 33 Day Prayer Coalition. It is so neat to see how so many of us are connected in one way or another in this blogging community. Blessings to you today!

    ReplyDelete