Saturday, November 14, 2020

November Challenge Day 13

Subject for today is. “If I won the lottery.....

A lot would depend on how much the lottery was. If it were a $10 win, I would assume not much will change! But, if we won $10 million, which would be impossible since we don’t play the lottery at all, we could...

1.  Dennis could retire now because we will be able to pay for my health insurance!

2. Pay off our children’s houses.

3. Visit Maui every year.

4. Give $5,000,000, or half of it, to Samaritans Purse.

5. Put the rest in the trust we have set up for our kids and grandkids.

It’s fun to dream isn’t it?

I loved all the comments on my last post about people who decorate with snowmen. I usually put them out when I  put the Christmas tree up, but the snowman stay out until February or so when I put out Valentine’s Day decorations. That’s one of the things I like about snowman. They are so cheery and can be left out all winter. They aren’t automatically relegated to Christmas decorations only.

Here are a few more photos of our decorations.



We ended up not getting any snow at all last night north of Spokane where we live. Spokane itself had various amounts. When I turned the news on this morning, the anchorman was talking about having to shovel over 5 inches from his driveway in order to get to work at the news station.  Just a few miles north of us they had over 8 inches. It was like we were in the middle of a donut hole! We will take it. It rained and rained and rained all night long and until about noon today. I don’t care. Let it rain. I don’t have to shovel rain! Next week rain is predicted every day with highs in the 40’s. Almost like spring time!

I finished the Packers scarf about 15 minutes ago to go with the hat I made a few days ago. I started out carrying both the green and the yellow up the side so I wouldn’t have so many ends to weave in, but the yellow looked terrible, so I had to start cutting it off at each stripe. The green I did carry entire length of the scarf. I frogged the 12 inches I had done and started over. Then, when I was all done, I spent about four hours just weaving yellow ends in.

Watching the news it seems like Covid is roaring back to life again. Even the states who seemed to have “flattened the curve” are now having huge increases. Officials are recommending not having Thanksgiving with anyone except the family that lives in your household. How sad. But, it’s worth it to miss a few holidays if it means we can finally do something about getting rid of this virus.

I was told today about a young woman who used to live in Spokane and go to our church. She keeps in contact with some of the people here and apparently she was in the hospital for over three weeks with Covid. She is in her late 20s, very healthy and active.  She said today she finally walked by herself for the first time. And yet, there are still people who deny it even exists. Honestly, I don’t understand that. Dennis is going to work and coming straight home. I am not going anywhere, except to pick up my grocery order on Monday morning. I have ordered extra so I don’t have to go back for a couple of weeks. If I actually get everything on my list. I hear the shelves are getting empty again. I don’t even like getting a pick up order anymore, I am so afraid of bringing the germs in.

I am so grateful to have all of you to visit with on our blogs. It makes life seem not so lonely. It’ssure a good thing I like our cozy trailer isn’t it?  How are all of you coping?

Take care and stay safe my friends.
Blessings,
Betsy

15 comments:

  1. Hi Betsy we don't do the lottery either but it is nice to dream. We have a very large store cupboard and grow a lot of vegetables so we only need to go to the supermarket once or so a month which is a relief. The snowman are a delight. Take care dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always say the same thing. I'd pay off all the kids debts before I'd spend a dime of it on myself. Daughter is drowning in student loan debt. I could kick the folks that thought giving an 19 year old $100,000 in debt was a good idea. She's been paying on it for 15 years and it's not going down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really don't need much of anything and definitely wouldn't change my whole lifestyle no matter how big a win it might be. All I want is a tiny house with a garden where I can walk to get anything I might need. A quiet, peaceful life is more important than anything else. And, of course, would definitely give to charity and help out family. A friend in Australia says that in her town they've not had any covid cases in a month and in all of Australia there's been no cases in the past two weeks. How it is other countries can get a handle on the virus? Weaving in ends is definitely my least favorite part of crochet, which is why I try to make things that don't require the effort. :) Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Numbers are climbing here as well.

    One of the yarn shops I go to has decided to close up for awhile. The state isn't asking places to close, but in an "abundance of caution", they are closing for a week. My guess is it will be longer. I don't think things will change much in a week.

    Good thing I have plenty of stash, a cozy home to stay in, and so far . . . plenty of food. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Covid is gaining strength here too and it's worrisome. Thankfully we have most of our kids and grands in "our bubble" which I take to mean people we've been seeing more than once a week ever since March when the whole virus thing became an issue. All of us have taken precautions and have stayed well.
    I agree with you that blog friends are so important. Besides my family I don't go anywhere so the friends I have made here are very important to me.
    Take care and have a blessed Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely decorations and a beautiful scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, we have a couple of the same things listed - again!! We never really had lower numbers here, it seemed to stay at a particular level for all these months since it began, but now is climbing even higher. Fear can be a good thing, like when obeying God, but I don't let fear of the virus rule over me. I'm probably different in that respect than other folks. Yes, it's a concern, of course, but we cope as best we can. Some small businesses and other places are closing around here again. The recreation commission barely reopened and are having to shutdown all over again. I feel so bad for the families with kids (especially the ones in poverty) who depend on that for activities to stay well and happy and involved. This is really affecting families badly. Our one hospital, and several in the metro area, is absolutely full of virus patients and are now sending patients out of the region to wherever a space can be found. // On a happy note... LOVE your Olaf! I have a birdhouse gourd that is shaped somewhat like Olaf and am planning on trying to paint him soon. Should be fun! Blessings to you and Dennis!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is fun to dream about winning the lottery but you have to actually buy a ticket and that means going into a store...so I won't. I would give generously to Historical Museums and Animal Shelters and do the stuff you mentioned too! Family and Church first!
    You asked about how to use venison sausage...is it like salami sausage or hamburger? We used to make chili with venison burger and it was very good. We are spoiled and only like venison canned. It is tender and delicious:)
    Stay safe! It is getting to be a long time...8 months now and things are worse not better. I disinfect groceries using lots of disinfectant.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well Betsy, I’m trying to comment. I’m hopeful it will go through.. I just did a google search on my problem and think it might be solved. Go,evwill tell as the Lord wills.
    I’d love to win the lottery too and would do similar things to you. I often think of our friend in foreign lands who’ve needs in orphanages and churches how good it would be to help them. But our Father dies own the cattle on a thousand hills the wealth of every mine so am sure He’ll sort it all out including your health fund dear sis, I pay mine every year and yes it’s a lot especially on a pension. But God is good. Mine is thousands too. I save up for it every year.
    Thanks for being a blessing, and may God bless you too, especially in these unusual times! Praying you’re all kept well too!
    Hugs, Shaz in Oz.x 😊

    {Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
    {Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

    ReplyDelete
  10. Interesting question but since I don't play the lottery, I don't think about it! lol
    Wowza to the winter that has hit you good and early! Be safe!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree about the fun in dreaming about the lottery. We would buy a tree farm that could be a co-op for homeschoolers and an educational center. This way my daughter and her kids could move there and help us with this common dream. Plus we could be close enough to our son to see him quite often.
    I hate that I have had to go out several time since I have been home. I always wear a mask, I just wish others did. I have had a terrible cold but had to go to have a mammogram done and then a sonogram two days later. This week I have to see my orthopedist and dentist (unless I am not feeling better), then next Monday I have a biopsy done. If it weren't for doctors I would gladly either stay at home. :)
    HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lottery, well , I did win a dollar last week on a scratch off. Guess that's my winnings! I'll share. What can you buy for a dollar? lol
    Covid is so frightening right now. I stocked up as well. Numbers are so high here that we will not go anywhere. God gave us these woods to tend to and that takes a lot of time. We are thankful. I posted an article to face book last night that was on the Dr. Kevin site that I read. The healthcare workers are so so tired of this. I'm furious with people who will not help us stop the spread. I saw on trevor Noah last week that Africa is doing really well with COvid. They lived through ebola and began their own monitoring in their own communities and they mask and they have much lower numbers. .Sigh. Must pray. I wear a mask all that time off our property. And, If I am passing someone on a lonely hiking trail without a mask, I begin to cough impressively. IT beats a confrontation

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't believe that virus is getting worse again. They are talking about locking down here where we live again, and I just feel so sorry for everyone who is affected by it. One of my friends emailed me today to tell me that a 50 year old husband and father of five just died from covid. She cried so hard at church today missing him and his family that she had to leave. It is just so sad and awful to think all that is going on. What a hopeless, sad time. But, we know our hope is in Jesus, and we just have to keep looking unto Him and trusting Him to see us through. It was fun reading about what you would do if you won the lottery. We don't play it either, but sometimes IF we did play, I think we may have a chance at winning because my husband is all the time guessing right about things. We are always teasing him about that, but I don't suppose we will ever know since we don't play it! LOL! God bless you, sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. He is my refuge and fortress, my God in whom I trust...it is so good to read it and type it and helps to cheer me on to remember His faithfulness. Thanks for posting, dear Betsy. 💜🤗🙏

    ReplyDelete