Tuesday, November 10, 2020

November Challenge Day 9

It’s snowing again! The snow is falling softly and quietly outside right now. We are in another winter weather advisory and none of the forecasters can come together on how much snow we are expected to get, so I guess it will be a surprise! This is my view as I sit in my chair right now. 


Dennis has gone to bed and while I was catching up on blogs, I shut all of the lights off except the little twinkle lights and the light from the computer.  I am absolutely loving living in our RV so far. The only thing that’s been hard to get used to is paying lot rent! We have owned our own homes for so long that we are not used to making payments every month.  I miss seeing people too. I know the COVID numbers just keep going up, up, up, while I just want to visit my family which I know is impossible right now.  I also know most of you are in the same position I am, so I refuse to feel sorry for myself. I want to count my blessings every day, that I have a nice warm place to live and a lot of people who I can chat with online and a family who loves me.

Today, for the November challenge we are supposed to tell our best physical feature! Ha! If you ask me, I don’t think I have any. So I asked Dennis what he thought it was. I refuse to tell you his answer! I suppose, if I really had to think of something, I would say it is my long legs. Except for the difficulty in finding clothes, especially when I was younger, I have always enjoyed being tall. I like being able to reach things on high shelves and clean things in high places. When we lived in Omaha I would periodically clean all of my mother-in-law‘s ceiling fans and hall light fixtures. She is, how do you put it nicely? Vertically challenged. We have always teased her about that. Honestly I would change just about everything else about me. 

Isn’t it sad that it seems most of us women are like that? Not all by any means, but most. I do not feel as if I have aged very well.  I really feel that advertising has not helped our self esteem. With the help of air brushed actresses and models, we are led to believe that we are never enough. Never thin enough. Never smart enough. Never blonde enough. Our skin is never smooth enough and on and on it goes.  That is absolutely not true. We are enough.  Just as we are. God made us and He loves us. Just as we are.

My husband still tells me he loves me several times a day and he thinks I’m beautiful so that’s all that is important to me. I honestly really don’t care what anyone else thinks. Does that sound bad? I’m sorry if it does.  See you all tomorrow!πŸ’œ

Blessings always, 
Betsy

15 comments:

  1. I can't believe you are having snow. We are in the 70's still.
    Your trailer does look so cozy. I didn't put up lights last year and I might this year because I am so darn bummed at the moment. Maybe it will help.
    My aunt put up her tree on Halloween because she said she might not make it until Christmas with this virus out of control and wants to make sure she has one more even though there won't be family around her this year.
    I had my old videos made into DVDs a while back and when I saw myself in my 30's I was astounded. I was gorgeous. I always felt ugly and fat but here was proof that I was neither. The ad agency sure has a way of getting into our heads. I was an avid Seventeen reader and always compared myself to supermodels and came up short. I can't even imagine what girls go through in the age of social media.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It doesn’t sound bad at all, it’s honest and is a reflection of your loving relationship. Your trailer looks very cosy, I hope the snow isn’t too bad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your twinkle lights in the RV - so cozy and nice. I agree with you that advertising has made most women feel badly about themselves...what a shame!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you have pretty terrific husband! I feel as you do. My husband is always saying I am beautiful. I tell him it's because we are old to see clearly anymore (thank goodness).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not exceptionally tall, but I have long legs too. Finding long enough pants has always been a challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks so cosy in your trailer Betsy with the twinkling lights. Its what's inside that matters not how we look and you are beautiful. Hope you cope with the snow, I am thankful that we are having some lovely weather at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I were taller! I am just average at 5"6 and shrinking with age:) My husband tells me the same thing...I am beautiful and he loves me...what more can you ask for in a marriage! What a blessing good men are!!
    Hope your snow fizzles out:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet post . . . I'm the woman in the store that has to ask someone to get something off the top shelf. Not of it's right in front, but if the front row is sold out, then I have to find help. You are surely getting the snow; I hope it doesn't come our direction.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your home is a perfect reflection of your beauty-look at all of that love!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's very freeing to not give a hoot what other people think of us. I've always like the saying.... Those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. Having said that, I admit that I don't think I've aged very well either but there's not much we can do about it, is there. Might as well accept and be happy.
    Your RV looks so very cozy!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so glad you're enjoying living full-time in your trailer. I can relate as we were happy as clams in our trailer for two full weeks at the beach. The view as you know is spectacular there and the weather was amazing with warm sunshine all but 2 days, with our windows and door open. You have me wondering what Dennis thought was your best trait. :-) I had Denise and Shirley here for lunch and we made beef stew. It reminded me of the good old days of Christmas lunches with you, Gracie and Taci. I hope you keep warm and safe my friend. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very well said, Betsy. You are blessed. Lovely cosy interior by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was considered tall (5' 7") in high school back in the 1970s... now I'm short compared to the teenage girls these days. I also have always had a problem finding jeans long enough in the legs to suit me. I really like your trailer -- you've turned it into a space of love and warmth! I like twinkly lights also! Seems to make things cozy. Be blessed and safe, my friend! We pray for you guys each and every day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your cosy home! When asked about my favorite physical feature once I answered "I like my nice straight toes." πŸ˜ŠπŸ’œπŸ™

    ReplyDelete