Monday, November 9, 2020

November Challenge Day 8

The weekend has ended once again. It’s hard to believe that it’s Sunday night. We had snow off and on all day and I have not even gone outside of the RV. Dennis has taken Chloe on all of her walks.  It’s been pretty cold most of the day and the furnace has been running a lot.

We started our morning by having a group FaceTime call to our future daughter-in-law Tara. We surprised her at her parents house and sang happy birthday to her. Tomorrow is her actual birthday, but Dennis and Mandy will be at work. I am so very grateful for technology. We were able to see Tara‘s Mom and Dad along with her sister and brother-in-law and their baby. We are so happy that Alex is joining such a loving family and that they have welcomed him into their midst so completely.  We had planned to have been able to make a trip to London by now and meet them all in person but we all know how that has gone this year don’t we?

So the challenge for today is I am supposed to share my worst habits with you.

I enlisted my husbands help and he said probably my worst habit is worrying too much. You know, I would have to agree with him. But you know what? The medication they put me on for my back spasms is also used as an anti-anxiety medicine. I have noticed it has helped significantly through all of the changes in our life this year between Covid, selling our house, moving into an RV and now Dennis’s company closing. In the past just one of these things would have sent me into a tailspin of worry. Either I’m getting older and wiser, or the medication is helping with that too. I’m willing to bet it’s the medication! I honestly don’t think I’m getting any wiser. Ha!

I’m sure I have other bad habits but I really can’t think of them right now. I do like Diet Coke/Pepsi and I know it’s not good for me. I drink about 30 ounces of Diet Coke/Pepsi a day and I know that that I shouldn’t.  I am trying to wean myself off of it slowly because the last time I tried to stop drinking it I had horrible migraines because of no caffeine. I don’t drink coffee at all and rarely drink tea anymore because it causes heartburn so I think it was a jolt to my system to not have any caffeine at all.

Those of you who know me well should feel free to let me know if there’s something else I should work on.😍

I did finish the other mitten of the odd pair, so I have a pair of teacher sized mittens to put in the bag of donations. I also made one and a half more children’s size today. I still have my goal of two pair of mittens a week or 8 to 10 pair a month so I need to keep going.

I hope you have a wonderful Monday my friends.
Blessings always,
Betsy 

15 comments:

  1. I am so glad that the medication is helping with your worries. The wonders of technology never ceases to amaze. I am so glad you were able to keep in touch with Tara and her family for her Birthday. Wishing you a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes incremental goals for mittens are good Betsy, glad you’re able to face time Tara family and I get you re worry think we’ve all that issue.
    I’m hoping I don’t lose this comment as not going on. Mobile eyes too tired and headache, God’s blessing dear precious sister.
    Shaz in Oz,x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Betsy, I sometimes worry a lot, mostly stemming from concern for my boys, but it hasn't been so bad lately. What's been happening in the world has been more distressing, with the recent election results, most of the world is sighing with relief. Procrastination might be one of my worst habits. I'm very good at it. :) I can't believe that tea causes you heartburn but that a carbonated drink doesn't. I can't even recall the last time I had any kinda of soft drink. I have two cups of coffee in the morning and then green tea or some type of infusion in the afternoon or evening. Social media sure is helpful in this day and age. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been hooked on Pepsi several times in my life-right now I am not drinking it--and yes, when I have a miserable headache, I really crave it! I'm glad you are doing better without the burden of worry whatever the reason!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was wondering about Alex last week and meant to ask you how he’s doing. I’m glad you were able to FaceTime and wish Tara a Happy Birthday and visit with Alex,too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah for a medication that helps with your back spasms an your anxiety!!
    Nice that you got to facetime with your to be inlaws...yes Covid has changed so many things.
    I gave up coke a number of years ago...and coffee and yes the headaches were awful but after about two weeks they went away. I still enjoy a coke if it is fountain coke or in a bottle...but it sure is sugary:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am glad you are doing well sweet friend. Oh gosh, I would never, ever utter a word about anyones "worst habits", I am more than sure mine would fill every single page on Earth if written down. I see you as His light of love into the world. You are always doing for others and you spread your love to everyone you know. I feel truly blessed to call you friend. Wishing you a lovely day filled with many blessings sweet friend. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't count the coffee, tea and sodas I drank all day long when I worked. Now that I am retired, that was the first thing I worked on. We switched to 1/2 caff coffee (it's a thing). Then I tapered off the soft drinks. I allowed myself one in the morning, one in the afternoon and one in the evening. Next I replaced the evening one with decaf. Eventually I weaned myself to replacing all soda with water. I "bottle" my own decaf iced tea in recycled bottles in the summer and I have collection of decaf flavored coffees for winter.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have the same bad habits. I've been having terrible stress headaches and the only thing that cures it is a diet Coke and a handful of Motrin. Now I crave a diet soda all the time. I am not a fan of caffeine because it sets off my hot flashes but I can't convince my brain not to want one especially at night.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I find it so interesting that medication for your back spasms possibly helped you cope with all the changes in your life this past year. A wonderful side effect!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I did not know you can FaceTime from more than two locations, but that is perfect for your precious far flung family, isn't it. I so admire your busy productive life dear Betsy. It is wonderful that the med is helping both your back and helping you cope with anxiety! Since a bout with gastritis two years ago I mainly drink water and almond milk. Recently I have put a splash of coffee in the almond milk or added a splash of vanilla and a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spices, or I have whirled fruits in it as well. Tea has in the past sometimes given me heartburn, too, so if I have tea I just barely dip a teabag in the cup of hot water. I used to love to drink soda and milky coffee and strong black tea!💜🙏

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like you are good on bad habits! I don't even want to try to figure out what mine would be. I hope you are able to make that trip to London in the not-too-distant future. We were out and about today running errands.. went to Vancouver to pick up a glass dome for my cake plate, now I need to make a cake. LOL! I'm so glad that that medication is helping your back AND your state of well-being. Nice! Have a super week. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tis the season for snow, indeed. I pray you and Dennis and Chloe stay warm and cozy in your RV for the cold winter days ahead... my goodness, you are always so busy with the knitting projects, I am always amazed at how much you do, and how blessed the children are to have your knitted creations! I'm sorry to hear about Dennis' company closing, that must be quite a blow for you to take in. Thankful that the medication has a rather good side effect... worrying is certainly something we all struggle with, I would say. I try every day to give my worries to the Lord after they come to mind, and that always brings me peace. Always so wonderful to "chat and visit" with you :) Much love to you dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I surely can relate to worrying too much. Dear Lord, help us all to put our trust in you in these troubled times. Sending hugs your way today, sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think right now we all worry quite a bit, considering how this year has gone. It's mighty hard as a human being to remember to always leave it at the feet of God. But you know, if we didn't worry, we might take too many chances on things we shouldn't... so maybe it kinda keeps us in line and dependent upon the Lord. I'm so sorry to know Dennis company is closing, we are adding that to our prayer list for you guys. Technology, as fickle as it can be, is still a mighty blessing in these days right now! And what a blessings that Alex is going into a family that is so wonderful! I think your soda habit is a lot better than a drug habit!! Be blessed, dear friend!!!

    ReplyDelete