Wednesday, November 11, 2020

November Challenge Day 10

Can you believe it? I’ve made it to day 10 of posting every day so far! Let’s see how far I can make it shall we?

Last night I told you that it was snowing outside and we were forecast to get 1 to 2 inches. Well, in Spokane proper they apparently got the forecasted 1 to 2 inches, but out here at the base of Mt. Spokane we got between 5 and 6 inches. That’s not an unusual thing to have happen. I have to admit this getting used to not having a garage and having to scrape windows and clean the snow off your car isn’t as much fun as other aspects of living in the RV.   Ha!

I finished three pair of mittens yesterday. The photo is a little dark because once again it is 11:00 at night as I’m doing this blog post. I have to be at the hospital at 6:25 tomorrow morning for my mammogram. I’ve got to get to bed soon or I’ll never wake up in time.

I also made this hat as a Christmas gift. It was supposed to be colorwork with  GO PACK written on it, but for the life of me, I couldn’t get it to look right. I started it over three times before I gave up and made this instead. The recipient is a Green Bay Packers fan and I think they will appreciate it anyway.
Chloe‘s blood work came back and they found something about her kidney levels that is elevated. That can be a side effect of her medication, so I have to take her back tomorrow morning and they’re going to draw some urine from her bladder with a syringe to test it. That sounds painful. I’m hoping it’s something as simple as just switching her medicine.

Today’s challenge is I am supposed to tell you a few of my favorite things. Well this should be simple. I think I’m going to have to set a limit of, hmmmm, let’s see, 10 things! Does that sound good? Here goes.

1.  God - He comes first in everything.
2. Dennis is a close second.
3. My kids and grandkids. Oh my, how much I love them.
4. Chloe - She is my constant shadow.
5. Any shade of purple, but especially lavender.
6. The Oregon coast. It’s a place for both Dennis and I feel renewed when we visit.
7. Maui - For the same reason.
8. Wildflowers - not a perfect bouquet but preferably spring light colors in a mix of different flowers.
9. Knitting/Crocheting
10. Reading 
I know I said 10, but no list of my favorite things would be complete without CHOCOLATE!

And now I have to get off to bed or I’ll never wake up in time. If I fall asleep right now I can have six hours of sleep tonight.

Blessings always,
Betsy

15 comments:

  1. I loved your sweet top ten! Ho[u Chloe is better soon and you and yours stay safe. Your knitting is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope all goes well with your mammogram and that dear Chloe's vet visit goes OK. You are a marvel with your knitting needles, the hat and mittens are a delight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure the hat will be very much appreciated!
    Stay warm - we are in the middle of a heat way - over 70 for the last few days. So weird in November. Temps are set to fall in the next day or so though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck to you and Chloe. I love how quickly you can make these projects.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still can't get over your snow. If all this rain we are having thanks to all those tropical things that keep coming up from the south was snow we'd sure have a pile too.
    Poor Chloe. I've had that done and it wasn't fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your finishes sweet friend. :) Aww bless sweet Chloe, praying along with you that it's just her meds. Wishing you a warm sunny day full of many blessings dear friend. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  7. You amaze me with your mitten knitting! My youngest son always wanted Packers colors-afghans, scares, hats....Nice job on your hat-the colors say it all! Stay warm. Loved reading your list of favorite things! (now I am humming that song from The Sound of Music! lol)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your top ten favorites. I hope Chloe's test goes well and they can get her on the road to recovery and that your mammogram also goes well. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow, our 1-3 are the same! I bet Maui is beautiful, what a place that would be to visit and relax. Ahhhh! You have to be the fastest knitter I've ever seen! Prsying all went well with Chloe! And also prayers for your mammogram to turn out well! Blessings, my dear friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the newest mittens in that lovely lilac shade. And the hat that gave you so much trouble!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Egads.. that is an early mammogram appt. I always ask for afternoon appts. as I'm not a morning person. Beautiful mittens. I am sure Chloe's issue will be nothing to worry about as they just told you she's in excellent health. I'm with you on loving the coast and chocolate! Dayle brought me home some pumpkin chocolate chip muffins and they are yummy. He took Mocha to the groomer today and just brought her home a few hours ago and she looks like a movie star dog. We love her so much. Stay warm and safe! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh dear. Snow...... go away .. Besty you need to watch out for your back! Stay well. The mittens are so cute and the Packer hat...well, Go Aaron Rodgers! GO Pack !

    ReplyDelete
  13. So interesting to learn more about you in these fun posts! Oh, I hope all goes well with your mammogram and also trust Chloe will be just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You inspire me! Love your list and your latest knitting 🧶💜🙏

    ReplyDelete