Saturday, November 28, 2020

November Challenge Day 27

The challenge today is that I’m supposed to tell you something that I look forward to. Oh my, there are so many things I look forward to. I am also trying to enjoy every day in the here and now because I don’t want to wish my life away. 

I look forward to the day when I can walk into a grocery store with no mask on and wander the aisles to my hearts content. The same thing with Hobby Lobby. I’m not a big shopper, but I do miss those two places.  I want to walk up to my best friend and give her a big hug. We always hug when we see each other and we can’t do that anymore.

I can’t help but look forward to Dennis‘s retirement. I think that is our biggest goal now. It could be as early as this coming spring or it could be a year later. We still don’t know. It depends on what happens with the sale of his company.

I look forward to being able to see Mandy and her family whenever we want to visit them. I look forward to living close to Dennis‘s mom so we can be there for her when she needs us. I’m looking forward to being closer to my brother and sister and all of our nieces and nephews. We’ve been so long without family, that I have these grand dreams of what it will be like. Silly me. I know that everyone else has gone on with their lives while we’ve been out here in the west, but I’m still looking forward to being near all of them and I hope that we can fit back in somehow.

Another thing that I look forward to, if this Covid crisis ever ends, is traveling again. I can’t wait to jump on a plane and go visit Alex and Tara and see their home. We want to take our RV and travel around the country. I think it would be wonderful to meet many of you on our travels.

I wonder. What are you looking forward to?

I finished all 25 mini socks!  Jenny has graciously offered to put something in each stocking for me. I gave her some money and she’s going to fill the socks. She didn’t want to take the money, she just wanted to fill the socks,  but I said absolutely not. After all, I asked her to do this. What kind of friend would that make me?  (Here, I’m asking you to do something that will cost you money, but do it anyway).πŸ€” I’m excited, because I didn’t want to fill them myself. Where is the fun in that? There would be no surprise at all. I have had very few Christmas stockings in my life, so I’m really looking forward to this advent calendar with its little surprises.

I found some tags that I already had, so I numbered them and clipped them onto the top of the socks. I’m planning to crochet a chain and hang the socks on the chain with wooden clothespins.

It was such a beautiful day today. It got up to almost 45°F! We decided it was a great day for a drive, so off we went.  Most of the snow has melted in the valleys but the ski areas have mostly opened up in the mountains.

Here you see a fresh dusting on the top of Mt. Spokane. Sorry about the bridge in the bottom of the photo. By the time I got my camera turned on we were already going under the bridge. I just thought the snow against the blue sky looks beautiful.

We also drove up to where we used to camp at the lake. It’s only 30 minutes from our old house and about 20 minutes from where we are now, but the change in elevation allows there to be about 8 inches of snow on the ground there, as opposed to none here right now.

An update on our friends and Covid. Neal and Jenny both tested negative. Hallelujah! Jeremy, Alicia and the boys are much, much better. Alicia told me this afternoon that she can taste a little bit again and is starting to get her sense of smell back. She said the boys were only sick for about two days and Jeremy was almost 100% today. Covid confuses me. How some people who are healthy and get so very sick with it and others don’t have any symptoms at all and still test positive. Like Jeremy and Alicia and the boys have had fairly mild symptoms, which I’m very thankful for, and are better quickly. There seems to be no rhyme nor reason as to who is affected. In my mind, that’s what’s so scary about it.

I hope you’re all having a good weekend and for those of you that had a big Thanksgiving dinner, you are enjoying the leftovers. Jenny & Neal gave us a care package of turkey earlier today when I gave her the socks and I had a wonderful turkey sandwich for dinner.  They had a lot of turkey left over and said they would never eat it all. Jenny practically begged us to take some!  Yum. Turkey!  We were happy to help.😍

See you again tomorrow!

Blessings and love,
Betsy


15 comments:

  1. Your little stockings are so cute! Glad you were able to get some turkey. What beautiful scenery you have! If I ever move back to my hometown there are no relatives there any more except some children of my cousins but there are still some wonderful memories. I hope Dennis can retire early!
    Hugs ~ Sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. All those little socks....how adorable is that? I knit one pair of baby socks a while back and it took me forever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to go to Target and spend about three hours wandering aimlessly around the store drinking a Starbucks coffee. I don't buy anything either, but I love to look at all they have on display. I also look forward to going to a new winery in town. I don't drink wine, but I want to sit on the sunny patio with my daughters and daughter in laws and sample all the appetizers I see pictured on the internet. And I want to go to our local museum and make gingerbread houses with my grandchildren. Fingers crossed 2021!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think a lot of the things you are looking forward are what we ALL are hoping for in 2021. I hope we get our wish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I look forward to all the things you do...especially hugging our children, grands and great grands! I miss Hobby Lobby too and the local yarn shop and the thrift shop and picking out my own fruit as half the grapes I got yesterday were soft moldy and mushy...yuck! I also miss taking my Dad to Bingo...his alzheimers is getting worse so I am not sure he can play bingo again:(

    ReplyDelete
  6. That mountain in the distance is spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I look forward to the same things. I am praying for a vaccine soon. The advent calendar is lovely! What a great idea. I may have to do something like this next year. Very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow.. that is a lot of little socks! Bravo! I look forward to seeing them strung up and of course seeing what treasures you'll find in them each day. Fun idea! That should add a lot of excitement to your run up to Christmas! I agree on looking forward to a more normal life.. but I also wonder if it ever will be the same as it was. I guess we'll find out at some point. Wonder when? I'm looking forward to spreading my tartan plaid tablecloth on the table today and putting a few things out. I ordered a new slimmer tree and I'm so upset as it hasn't even shipped yet and I had planned to decorate it yesterday! GRRR! Home Depot is going to get a piece of my mind on Monday. I hope your weekend is a good one. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. There's so much to look forward to, isn't there. Hopefully soon we can all move forward with our lives because it kind of feels like we're all stuck until this virus moves along.
    Nice that you got a care package of turkey leftovers. That was sweet of Jenny and Neal.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think the tags are perfect for the socks! When you were wondering what to use, my imagination was headed in that direction :) It will be fun to see what Jenny puts into the socks. Thanks for sharing the photos of the beauty around you, dear Betsy. You have encouraged me! I pray the Lord blesses your days looking forward.πŸ’œπŸ™πŸ§Ά

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well we are pretty blessed in Oz sis as no Covid here since April, only 14 in all of our town back then. So yes I go to shops with no mask stay as long as need too, I’m not a shopaholic so no huge wandering. Also money seems tight at moment so can’t afford it. Have big bills just before Christmas!
    I do use hand sanitizer and we have register for Covid at church and such and still can’t sing hymns but mostly everything else is good. I’m praying whatever is best for you medically will happen re Dennis’s retirement, so your health cover is met. I do have family nearby about thirty mins north and see them from time to time but not lots or as often as I would like. To be honest I’m not as well as before heart attack so not up to it anyway, I think the heart attack means no more verse as travel.. I’d love to meet you, maybe you could stop in here on the way to Japan! Wouldn’t that be grand?
    Cute little socks, very, I did think they’d be in Christmas colour tones though, or purples and blues or some such, but guess you used scraps... not much purple either πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
    Thanks for sharing, and God bless, Shaz in Oz.x❤️❤️πŸ™πŸ™

    {Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
    {Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those socks are so sweet! Love your mountain views!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'd say that meme is your motto--you are such an encourager! Thank you for that.
    The mountain is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. ps-I love your little stocking advent idea!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The leftover turkey sounds wonderful! We ate out this year, so we missed having the leftovers. But, the no-mess, peaceful meal and time together was priceless. God is so good to us, even in the midst of the storms raging around us. I love the little socks you made. So cute!

    ReplyDelete