Wednesday, November 25, 2020

November Challenge Day 25

Today I’m supposed to share an old photo of myself.  I think I have shared this photo with you before, but I would like to share it again. I am the littlest one here and then my sister Melanie, my brother Lynn is on the right and my brother Roger is the sailor boy. Roger is the one who passed away from Covid in March. This is one of the few photos we have of all of us together. There was a big age difference between the boys and us girls. It was almost like my mom and dad had two different families. 

This is me!  Bald head and big eyes.

A school picture of me wearing a jumper my mom made from the salesman scraps from the Pendleton Woolen Mill.  My Dad would take them from the trash and Mom would make clothes for us girls. 

This picture is of my Grandpa and Grandma Saathoff. This is the Grandma who taught me how to crochet. I think I look more and more like her the older I get. Except she was always thin!  My Mom‘s Mom died when my Mom was only 14, so I never met my grandparents on her side of the family.  

I made the weight watcher pumpkin spice muffins today. I had forgotten just how good they are. Remember, it’s just a box of spice cake mix and a 15 ounce can of pumpkin. Mix it together. It will be very, very thick. Then bake in a muffin pan at 400° for about 10 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Yum!

My friend Kim from Napier’s Knits sent me this wonderful pattern book. I’m sorry the photo is so bad. I took the picture at noon today, but it since rained off and on all day I couldn’t get a picture that didn’t have a glare on it from the overhead lighting.  There are such pretty crochet thread ornaments and I’m looking forward to making some for next Christmas.

I have 20 mini socks done now. I’m hoping to finish them tomorrow but we’ll see. My Knit Picks order is supposed to arrive on Friday and then I’ll need to start the last Christmas gift I have to make, which is a sweater. I need to make it fairly quickly because I need to mail it to the recipient.

I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving tomorrow. I know we all have things to be thankful for, even though the day probably won’t be spent like most of us normally would. 

Blessings,
Betsy


18 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your photos but especially the cute little girl photo of you. Such a doll! I will look forward to seeing the ornaments you make from it. I love making white snowflakes like little doilies. I have a few books of t designs. I also hope you'll be able to visit before you move back to be near your family. I bet you'll miss the Pacific Ocean, though. The RV park we stay at has gotten so popular we couldn't even get in for my birthday or his. Wah. Have a wonderful feast tomorrow. And remember last year when everyone was with you. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    *:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*:._.:*~*:._.:*:._.:*
    *H*A*P*P*Y* *T*H*A*N*K*S*G*I*V*I*N*G*!*!*
    *:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*:._.:*~*:._.:*:._.:*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the photo of you where you're wearing a plaid wool jumper. So adorable then and now my dear friend!! Only 4 people in our house. Wish there was more but son and family went be out and about for awhile. I packed a few Christmas items today. Cards bext week. Need to print out photos for 3 calendars I am making for gifts. I was able to get a free one from Shutterfly fly I made on Sunday evening. 2 hours to do it and it's worth it. Have a blessed thanksgiving and weeks beyond!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There were four siblings in our family too but quite close together, not six years from oldest to youngest, I think that made it hard in some ways for my mum especially till we were all at school. The wurst year I think must’ve been our first or second year at Uralla when the four of us all caught first measles, secondly mumps then thirdly chicken pox in one year.
    That’s twelve sick kids in one year, I remember it but mum never whinged about it, of course these days you don’t get it like that because of vaccines but in 1950/60s there were no vaccines for those. You just passed them all around. πŸ˜†πŸ˜ and yes my mother made all our clothes too, every stitched item, or knitted, we were dressed beautifully too at a very small price. Those were wonderful days.
    Hope you’re keeping well and have a blessed thanksgiving... I’ve two brush turkeys in a neighbour’s yard I’ll send over if you want! They’re driving me nuts! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
    Thanks for sharing, and God bless, Shaz in Oz.x

    {Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
    {Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very happy thanksgiving to you and Dennis! Loved the photos of you as a kid!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing your photos with us. I love to see baby pictures of people. Have a blessed Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwwwwwww...such sweet photos. Piper looks a lot like you.

    The plaid jumper is so pretty. I ALWAYS loved wearing plaid when I was a kid. Well, wait .......I still do like plaid.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the photos! Enjoy your day - Happy Thanksgiving

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH Thanks Betsy . Happy Thanksgiving to YOU!!! Plaid...reminds me of Catholic school uniforms . Jumpers and skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What precious photos!! I hope you are having a wonderful day in your cozy little trailer. My sister just texted me that her best friend just lost her brother, her only sibling from Covid on Saturday. He was only 55. I thought of you and your brother. This virus is so cruel. Every day another heart break.
    Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Thanksgiving. I was the oldest with a brother 2 years younger and another brother five years younger. My husband is one of six and the oldest was 18 when the youngest was born. It does create a few "little families" in the mix.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the photos!!!! I admire the speed at which you tackle your many craft projects! Happy Thanksgiving to you! Ours will be very quiet!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great photos, and I love your grandma's suit. That pleated trim is so pretty.

    Hope you had a happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Betsy! I just love seeing old pictures. You were such a pretty girl, and such a cute baby! I'm sorry you lost your brother to Covid. What nice looking brothers you had. I've missed some of your November challenge days, but will go back and catch up. Hope you and Dennis had a good Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fun to see your old photos! Happy Thanksgiving, I will have to try the recipe sounds easy enough! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I liked seeing the pictures of you when you were little. And the one where you're wearing that pretty wool jumper...were you about 12 the? That was my guess.
    I'm sure you'll have fun making items from that Christmas Crochet book. I don't crochet but through the years I'm bought a number of crocheted snowflakes at craft sales. Different sizes and patterns but all so pretty.
    Now that Thanksgiving is over you can concentrate on Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I loved seeing the pictures of you and your family. It is hard to believe how quickly the years fly by, isn't it? May the Lord bless you and keep you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for sharing your sweet family photos and memories. The muffins look yummy and I can imagine you enjoying making beautiful projects from the pattern book as well. πŸ’œπŸ™πŸ§Ά

    ReplyDelete