Tuesday, December 15, 2020

December 14th

It’s snowing! That’s not exactly a surprise since I woke up to about 4 inches of snow this morning. Some of that melted today, but not much. Another 3 to 6 inches is predicted for tonight and tomorrow. Here are a couple of pictures for all of you who would like to have snow.  First photo is when I took Chloe to the dog park this morning about 8:00 AM.

The second one was on my way to the post office at 8:30. That was a solid sheet of ice that was about 2 inches thick. Up and down hills and around curves. I came back to the RV park a different way. This is a school bus route so I thought it would have been kept clearer. Boy, was I surprised! Thankfully, I had no problems and my snow tires worked very well. I have the kind of tires that the colder it gets, the softer the tires get. They become almost like suction cups sticking to the ice.  It is very pretty though isn’t it?  We are supposed to have temperatures in the 40s later in the week so I’m thinking most of this will go away then.

Stocking number 14. A yummy marshmallow snowman that I’ve already eaten!๐Ÿ˜

One of my good friends said she would love to have some Christmas dish cloths. I didn’t have any variegated cotton, but I did have one skein each of green and red so I’m doing this pattern and striping them as I go. I started with green on the second dish cloth and I am surprised at how different it makes it look. I don’t know which I like better. How about you? Do you prefer one over the other?

Since most nights I avoid watching the news because my anxiety doesn’t do well with hearing the stories of how the pandemic is affecting so many people in the world, I was very excited about watching it tonight. Why? Seeing  the first people receiving the vaccinations for the virus was exciting to me. It means things are finally starting to move forward. On the other hand, the news about the terrible number of people who are infected with the virus right now is devastating. A correction facility just outside of Spokane has over 700 cases of COVID-19 as of today. I believe they said that is over half of the prison population there. Our hospitals are nearly at capacity.  I am so glad that there is an end in sight.  Maybe by summer we will actually be able to start living somewhat normal lives again.  My heart breaks for all of the people who have lost loved ones during this pandemic.

I am so grateful for a loving God who I can pour my heart out to when I feel like it is breaking for those around me.   I am wishing each of you a peaceful night and a good Tuesday.  I hope your preparations for Christmas are coming along well. I surprised Dennis tonight when I reminded him that next Friday is Christmas. For some reason he thought we had another week to go!

Blessings and hugs,
Betsy

19 comments:

  1. My Colorado boy just had several days of snow. He used to really like it but after living there 7 years, he's decided it's not always so great after all. :) Glad you were able to safely get around. I love both the dishcloths. They make a nice, useful little gift set. I've got all kinds of emotions going on these days. Shedding tears is necessary on the daily. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The snow is so pretty Betsy! Glad your venture out in it was safe. I like both dishcloths and like Tammy said, they will make a nice set together. We are supposed to get a foot of snow tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your snow pictures look so pretty, especially in black and white.

    I think BOTH dishcloths look nice. It's nice to have variety.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much snow, it looks so pretty but I do know how dangerous it can be. I loved both the dishcloths, and are a wonderful addition to any kitchen. I am ready and have enjoyed the journey of preparation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you made it home safely. Ice is scary. I really admire those school bus drivers. The snow storms have completely skipped Northern Ohio this time around. I hear we may be in for some later this week. I am so glad about the vaccine, too. They say it could be this time next year by the time we all get one, but at least an end is in sight! And if it is sooner, we will really celebrate!!! The numbers in our community are terrible. My neighbor's husband is a corrections officer and my son is a police officer. I also have a nurse and two teachers. I pray for them every day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If only people would look to God for the salvation of their souls instead of placing their trust in a vaccine....
    I like the green dominant dishcloth only slightly more than the red one! lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Snow looks so pretty. Its raining here this week. Phil said if he took the vaccine there would be a specific one that has no aborted fetal cells used in it. I only saw one comment of yours. Its good. Technology gets whacked at times. I like dish cloths. I still enjoy one you made me sometime ago. I just sent rest of pkgs out Mon. Some aren't cheap to send. I had to send one to Megan as I forgot to put it in box she took back with her. So I stuffed it full due of items she can use. Priority med box. Stay warm and safe. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your snow is so pretty - can you send some our way? I'd love some for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The big snowstorm we were expecting just turned to rain....boo. I even got a flood warning adding insult to injury.
    We just recorded over 60 deaths yesterday from Covid here in MD making our total now over 5,000. I think of all those families missing loved ones this Christmas and it makes me ill. I know how hard SIL's family is taking losing their grandparents and of course, I think of you with the loss of your brother. It makes me so angry. I would hate to take my blood pressure right now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the green dishcloth best, but both are great! I triple ❤️❤️❤️ the snow photos! You know, I've loved snow my whole life, and driving in it didn't to bother me when I was younger, but as I've gotten older I try to avoid driving in it and just stay home. We're supposed to have maaaaaybe an inch of snow by this evening... we'll see what happens. I saw a flake float by the window a while ago but he didn't have any friends with him lol. If it's gonnna snow, I wish it would SNOW and make it worthwhile lol. It's just really cold out there today so I'm glad I got our few needs taken care of yesterday. I talked to Amanda yesterday, she has all the symptoms this time and is in quarantine, had the test done yesterday so it'll be days before she knows. She sounds much more horrible than her usual sinus infection, and now she says that James (her fiance) and the granddaughters (Madison and Kara) are all sick today. We'll see what happens. Keeping your family in our prayers as always!! ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป Love and blessings to you, dear Betsy!! ๐Ÿ’–๐ŸŽ„

    ReplyDelete
  11. We have not gotten a big snowstorm yet this year in Illinois. But I am sure we will get one soon. My daughter had to remind me that Christmas is next Friday. I thought we had an extra week in there too! Merry Christmas!
    Have a Happy, Healthy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I’m not a fan of snow, but it is very pretty (if you don’t have to drive in it)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I had to show Dayle your gorgeous snow photo at the top.. the road photo was scary with the ice and snow so thick. Nice of you to knit some Christmas dish cloths.. I liked the one on the right which is a bit more red. Yep.. the big day is rushing towards us. I am enjoying the lights and the tree here. Enjoy your pretty snow! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉
    *M*E*R*R*Y* *C*H*R*I*S*T*M*A*S*!*
    ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your photos look like a winter wonderland . . . so beautiful, yet nothing that I wish to be driving through. We have had a couple of dustings of snow, but nothing that has cause a worry with driving.
    Christmas is truly different this year, families aren't coming together to celebrate and so many that would, would have an empty seat at the table. We have to remember that our celebration is not about what is happening now, but about what happen 2000 years ago. Our Savior was born for the purpose of taking our sins to the cross once and for all and giving us the gift of enteral life. Hallelujah, I will celebrate even if I have to do it alone . . . but wait, I am never alone, Jesus is here!
    God Bless You, and Merry Christmas!
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, my goodness! That snow! Just amazing - so beautiful to look at, but I don't think I would be nearly as brave as you to get out on 2 inches of ice! I grew up in OH, so we had horribly harsh winters, but I have been in the south for most of my adult life, so I do NOT know how to drive on ice very well. SO, my solution? I stay home! LOL! Thank the dear Lord my sweet husband is very good at driving in all conditions, and his nerves are much more calm than mine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for sharing the beautiful snow photos, Betsy! I am glad you were able to drive safely! The scariest drive I had in NY was when I was driving our empty van doing some errands and we had a misty rain that immediately turned to ice so the cars ahead of me going down hill started sliding down it sideways and I very nearly did, too! I especially like the dishcloth that has more red in it, but both are admirable. I am grateful for the vaccines becoming available, as well!๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ™

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful snowy photos and dishcloths too, Betsy, like both of them, enjoying your daily stocking reveal. Praying much for USofA in health and in spirit amd in elections too, may God rule and every power be bound in Jesus name.amen. Looking forward to Christmas too.
    Thanks for sharing, and God bless, Shaz in Oz.x

    {Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
    {Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

    ReplyDelete
  18. Now that definitely looks Christmassy!! It all looks so clean and sparkly. So enjoy seeing your advent stockings contents every day. Even if I don't comment daily I do always read your posts!! I thoroughly enjoy hearing from my blogfriends over in the States! Dishcloths are looking very nice!! Keep well Amanda x

    ReplyDelete