Saturday, December 12, 2020

December 12

I have a confession to make. I opened my stocking while we were videoing with Piper this morning and we ate some of the candy and I forgot to take a picture. It was a candy cane and a couple other small pieces of candy today. Piper loves to watch me open them, but she’s usually in school when I do.

We had reading and art lessons while we talked to her and then she read us part of a book. It’s one that Granny Marigold told us about last month on her blog. You can find her blog over on my side bar.  It’s one of their family traditions that she reads it to their grandchildren. It’s called,  “A Porcupine in a Pine Tree.”  I ordered it for Piper and she loves it. Every time we chat over video, she reads me two pages of the book.  This was our art lesson for today. This was my attempt. Papa wouldn’t let me show you his! πŸ˜‚ I definitely won’t be winning any artist of the year awards anytime soon!

It was a very quiet day. We didn’t go anywhere. In fact, I didn’t leave the RV at all. I did laundry, we watched some videos and I made homemade chicken and noodles for dinner. I even remembered to take a photo for you.  It was so yummy and hit the spot on a cloudy damp day.

Tomorrow we’re meeting a bunch of people from church about a block away from a very special lady‘s house. It’s her birthday and we’re going to have a birthday parade in our cars. Don’t worry, it is all very safely social distanced. She has no idea, so it’s going to be a big surprise for her. We’ll all drive by and drop birthday cards or little gifts in a basket that someone is bringing to set  on their front sidewalk, while they watch safely from the doorway. They are such sweet people and big encouragers of everyone they know. No matter how old you are, everyone in the church calls them Uncle Jerry and Aunt Tina. 

We are all supposed to meet at noon and unfortunately it’s supposed to be snowing heavily again by 11:00. Hopefully we will have a good crowd show up and everyone drives safely.

I made dinner and these four little stockings while we watched a show on Netflix called “The Queen.” In our opinion it’s not nearly as good as “The Crown.”  I’m going to put some candy in the stockings to give to the park manager, the maintenance man and the lady who cleans the laundry rooms in the main building. It’s not much but it’s a little something.

That’s about it for us.  We talked to Mandy by video and Dennis‘s mom by phone. I hope you all had a great Saturday. Stay safe and warm.

Blessings and love,
Betsy 






11 comments:

  1. Your meal looks great! I cannot draw...you did better that I would have. I blame an art teacher who only liked pottery and certain kids who could draw:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I will absolve you!!! ITs ok to only be at the camper. THese days will not last forever. Im glad you are going to the driving party! Whoever came up with that was genius

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love chicken and noodles and yours looks delicious. How sweet to have a drive by for your friend's birthday. I love your little stockings and I think your thoughtfulness will be very much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The chicken and noodles looks delicious. I've never thought of having cranberry sauce with it. I will now!

    I think I am going to cancel my dentist appointment for Wed. We are supposed to get quite a bit of snow and I don't need to be out IN it. Hope you have a good Sunday afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your blog, and your encouraging words of faith in every one!! Keep up the good work!!😊

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so happy that you and Piper are enjoying The Porcupine in a Pine Tree.
    It was a sweet thought (pun intended) to make the tiny Christmas stockings and put some candy inside for various people. And the drive-by birthday parade no doubt will make that dear lady's day so special.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think your drawing is wonderful.. I just could not figure out what the little thing on the bottom left.. is it a glass of milk that is spilling? I go days without going outside and I don't mind not getting cold at all. Stay warm and safe and enjoy your parade! Love the little granny stockings.. very nice of you. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉
    *M*E*R*R*Y* *C*H*R*I*S*T*M*A*S*!*
    ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉

    ReplyDelete
  8. What are you saying?! Your Santa is totally ADORABLE!! πŸŽ…πŸ» I love it! My son has been asking me to fix my homemade chicken and noodles. It's been years since I've made it because of our diet changes... but I think maybe just for him and the grandson is okay. πŸ˜‰ What a great idea for a drive-by birthday carding, she will love it!! I know there have been lots of drive-by things like that this year for folks, especially kids who can't have birthday parties, so at least they're being remembered and treated special. I love the little green stockings -- now those are CUTE!! You sure come up with great ideas for making things like that! I think my grandkids have the porcupine book πŸ€” I'll have to check their bookshelves when I'm over there. You stay well, Betsy!! Love and blessings! ❤️πŸŽ„

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw, that is so sweet how you all draw with Piper. And, the birthday parade was so thoughtful of all of you. I am sure it blessed the dear lady's heart. I am SO sick of being controlled by an invisible enemy that just seems to lurk in unknown places. I speak Psalm 91 over us daily and plead the blood of Jesus for protection. HE is surely our only hope.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am smiling at you as I type this, dear Betsy...your energetic Santa is delightful to see...and award winning to me! Your snowy day sounded cozy, and I so appreciate the verses you shared...my favorite for the last few years.πŸ’œπŸŽ„πŸ™

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm catching up on blogs--being too busy has put me behind! I hope the 'parade' went well! Love your artwork, btw!

    ReplyDelete