Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Wonderful Warmth

We are supposed to have temperatures in the 50s today and tomorrow and possibly Thursday. But look out for Friday! Freezing rain and snow during the day and again overnight. Drastic changes on the way, but I’m going to enjoy the warmth and blue sky that we have right now.

Dennis went to Mandy‘s on Sunday and took the Zen collar for little Lizzie. She was so excited to see her Papa. Mandy said it was the most active she’s been since she came home from the vet. She really wanted to come home with Dennis, but we cannot have the girls playing with each other for a while. We have been super lucky that Zoey hasn’t even tried to get to her incision. You would never know she even had surgery. She has been going up and down the stairs since the second day and acting completely normal. It’s all we can do to keep her from jumping off of the furniture and we don’t always succeed. She seems to be no worse for the wear though. Poor Lizzie had a rougher time as she always seems to. She had pain medicine that she took and they sent the nasty old plastic cone of shame home with her. It hurt her and she wouldn’t move her head when she had it on. So we gave her our Zen collar and she’s done great! She wears it all of the time and even sleeps with it on. I highly recommend them. If we need one for Zoey, we know we can just run down the street to the vet and get another one for her. Otherwise we figure we can share it for the girls in the future, because the chances of them both needing it at the same time are pretty slim.

Poor Lizzie baby.
I did finish the prayer shawl last night and got it washed and blocked this morning. It’s a very simple granny shawl that I single crocheted around twice, then added a scalloped border just to finish it off. I didn’t use a pattern, but I’m sure there are similar things online. It has gone into the bin to take to the hospital next time I’m allowed in. This darn Covid.

I thought I would show you what I did with my snowmen when I put the Christmas decorations away. It didn’t make sense to me to have them upstairs in the living room where I rarely am at. So I brought some of them down and grouped a lot of them on my Hoosier cabinet in my craft area where I spend most of my time.

Here are a few on one side of the windows.

And this is the other side of the windows. Mandy gave me the beautiful winter wonderland sign for Christmas along with the Q she found in a clearance bin. On Sunday my sister gave me the snowman on the far right. He’s actually a tea light holder. I love to leave my snowman out until close to Valentine’s Day. They provide some winter decoration. These are not all of my snowman. I still have more scattered around the craft area and upstairs too.
I spent a few hours on Sunday tidying up my yarn area. When I first put it in the shelves I pretty much just stuffed it in anywhere it would fit. I’ve tried to go through and put like yarns together. My entire sock yarn stash is in the upper left two bins next to the basket. I have my worsted weight group together along with my specialty yarns, variegated yarn, cotton, baby yarns and mitten yarn. I also have some bins of scrap yarns. I like the way it looks now and know exactly where to find everything. I should have taken the time to do that sooner.

I have the door stopper in the felting process. I tried hand felting it and I just couldn’t stand at the counter stirring it any longer. Now it’s in the washing machine. We’ll see how it turns out. That had to have been the most boring thing I’ve made in a long time. A long rectangular piece of garter stitch. In brown. Blah. Blah. Blah.

Today I’m going to knit on my first pair of socks for the year. I’ll be using some of the West Yorkshire Spinners Signature yarn that I bought when we were in Great Britain last year. I only treated myself to 2 skeins of sock yarn because of space in my luggage, but I certainly do like this so far. I would love to find a distributor for Opal yarn here in the states, because I just love the patterns their yarn makes.. I think I need to do more digging online. I just haven’t taken the time for it.

I’m sure Zoey will continue to be my companion throughout the day. She never gets very far from my side. What did we ever do without her?

Take care everyone and stay safe. I heard a doctor online the other day say it’s not a matter of if we get Covid at this point it’s when. That’s not a pleasant thought is it?

Wishing you all a very blessed day.

Blessings and love, 
Betsy


18 comments:

  1. SimplySockYarn.com has a nice select of Opal. I’ve purchased yarn from this store for years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOD, CUANTOS HILOS BETSY, ERES TAN ORDENADA HERMANA¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡ YO LOS TENGO EN UNA BOLSA GRANDE, PERO TERMINAN SIEMPRE ENREDADOS Y ASI PIERDO LANA PORQUE A VECES, TENGO QUE CORTAR, QUE DESAGRADABLE. ENVIDIO TU INVIERNO, AUNQUE ENVIDIAR NO ES UNA BUENA PALABRA PARA UNA CRISTIANA, ES QUE AQUI HACE TANTO TANTO CALOR, HOY LLEGO A 41C, ¿PUEDES CREERLO? ES UN HORNO TODO, TODO ESTA CALIENTE, EL AMBIENTE POR MAS QUE TENGAMOS REFRIGERACION NO DAMOS ABASTO, LA PERILLA DE LA PUERTA DE ENTRADA A NUESTRA CASA ESTA MUY CALIENTE, CASI NO SE PUEDE TOCAR Y ASI ESTAREMOS SEGUN NUESTRO PRONOSTICO LOCAL HASTA EL SABADO QUE TAL VEZ LLEGUE A 43C, DIOS NOS SALVE, PARA EL DOMINGO ESTAN PRONOSTICADAS FUERTES LLUVIAS Y TORMENTAS Y TAL VEZ ALGO DE ALIVIO. TE PIDO TUS FIELES ORACIONES, NOS PREOCUPA EL GOLPE DE CALOR, MI ESPOSO ES HIPERTENSO Y MI HIJA QUE TIENE SINDROME DE DOWN ES ENFERMA CARDIACA, ME PREOCUPA SU SALUD, ORACIONES Y MAS ORACIONES POR FAVOR. BENDICIONES.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never seen a Zen collar before. Sure looks a lot more comfortable than the old collar of shame. You have a lot of yarn! It looks so nice all sorted out. You'll be able to put your hands right on whatever yarn you need. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love seeing all your beautiful yarn and I'm delighted that you have the space to put it all out like that. It's going to be a big help when you're mixing and matching, that and just knowing what you actually have on hand.
    "with God all things are possible" AMEN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Steve has been saying the same thing as that dr. No, not a very pleasant thought, but probably true. Hopefully, for us valued and boosted folk, it will be like having a cold or the regular flu.

    Your yarn stash us much better to think about. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have heard that also Betsy and it was not a good thought at all....when? It is like a sentence hanging over our heads thanks to the unvaccinated idiots. We could have this all behind us by now if everyone would just get vaccinated. Back home a young mother gave birth to a 3 1/2 pound baby and Mom is on a Ventilator with covid....so sad.
    Please pray for Steve our neighbor who is having heart surgery on Friday. They had a hard time finding a hospital bed for him.
    Nice bunch of yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow....that stash is impressive! I had a terrible time with Pup when she was spayed and couldn't keep her quiet. I was so upset when her incision looked terrible and left a scar. You can't see it now at all so it was a lot of worry for nothing.
    Starting today we are trying to stay in isolation for 2 weeks so we can go see the new Grand but The Mister is already chomping at the bit to get out and it's only been one day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You sure have your yarn well organized and so much of it too!! It must make you happy just to see those cubes all full.
    Sure is good that Zoey is doing so well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need you to come organize my yarn! ;>) Enjoy every minute of that warm weather. We had a gorgeous day on Sunday, but today it's raining buckets and that's supposed to last till Thursday. Sigh Glad Zoey is doing well. Love those snowmen, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Soon those puppies can get back together and play and play! Glad you could help out with the collar. All of your yarn is just beautiful! I love all your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice stash and cute pups! I agree Simply Sock yarn has great bargains!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, my goodness, I think I called Zoey Chloe in my last comment! Silly me! I am so sorry, dear friend. If I am not mistaken, that was your other dear dog's name. Please forgive me. May God bless all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The pups are as cute as ever and the shawl looks great!
    I think COVID is basically at the tipping point now... it's going to become just like the flu... we get a shot for it every year and hope for the best. Mostly a danger to those in ill health. It will be nice to get things back to somewhat normal.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I drooled over your yarn bin display--delightful!
    The cozy pic of Zoey on your lap is just right....

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, that is such a good picture of Dennis and Zoey. Those are the sweetest little dogs. Wow! your yarn area is so pretty, and neat! How do you ever choose which to use? Oh, I don't like that statement about Covid. Please take care. Love, Henny

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the color of the sock yarn you're working with now. Glad Zoey's doing good. (Sorry, short comment this time... I'm in a whole lot of pain today and barely functioning.)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sweet puppy 🐶 so glad recovery is going well! Your 🧶 yarn stash is wonderful! Enjoy the warm weather ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely yarn stash. I have not as many yarn and I need to use it soon. Nearly done with prayer shawl. 10 more inches. I met 2 ladies and a lillte boy at Panera today. They are here for 2 weeks from England. It was good to talk with them a bit as it wasn't busy when they came in afternoon. They the warmer weather here which is in low 50 degrees. Hugs and prayers my friend. 💜🌹

    ReplyDelete