Tuesday, January 4, 2022

Warmth!

We have beautiful warm weather today. It’s 40°F and I’m enjoying every moment of it. We’re supposed to be back in the deep freeze starting tomorrow for a few days. Thankfully most of the snow has melted off of our road today and that was the biggest concern.

I finished three more pair of mittens yesterday. I have two more pair to make and I will be caught up to where I need to be for the year


I received a wonderful gift of a Michael’s gift card from my friend Kim who has a YouTube channel called “Napier’s Knits.” I went out to Michael’s this morning and was able to get some white baby yarn that I was out of. Michaels is having a great sale this week, buy one skein of yarn, get a second skein at 50% off. I truly appreciated that wonderful and unexpected gift Kim. Thank you!💜

After I left there I went and picked up Lizzie at Mandy‘s house. She has gotten used to not having to stay in her crate during the day since Mandy was on vacation and Piper was out of school all last week. Today is Piper‘s first day back and I thought I would pick Lizzie up so she could play with Zoey. We decided she’ll just spend the night tonight so they can play tomorrow too. Mandy and Piper will come for dinner tomorrow night and take her home. On Friday Zoey is being spayed and Saturday is Lizzie’s turn. Dennis is having a hard time thinking about Zoey  having surgery. She is his baby. 🥰 So I’m going to be the one dropping her off and picking her up.

It may not look like it in this picture, but they are both sound asleep after several hours of playing hard. Of course they both also need to be on my lap in the recliner covered up with blankets!

I hope everyone is having a good week of settling back in after the pace of the holidays. I know in the United States there are a lot of snow storms happening all around the country. I hope and pray that you are all safe. There are also an awful lot of illnesses happening out there and I want you to know that if you or a loved one is someone who is sick, I’m keeping you in my prayers.

Blessings,
Betsy

15 comments:

  1. The little pups are so cute!

    We had a beautiful day today. It was cold, but the sun was out. Now the sun is starting to go down. That is the prettiest time of day in our house. Everything glows golden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What sweet little furbabies all snuggled in their blankies. We took Pup out today while we cut that tree off of the house and I had to go in and get her stroller. She was shivering. I had to wrap her all up but she won't stay inside when we are outside. The snow is over her head right now and watching her hop like a bunny through it is so funny. They are calling for freezing rain on top of this mess tonight. Heaven help us. There are still people stuck on a highway here after almost 30 hours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's nice to pick up your grandbaby pup to visit! lol They are so sweet sleeping on your lap! Great job on the mittens!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute puppies and colorful mittens. Stay warm Betsy! It was chilly here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cold, arctic air arrived today and will be headed your way soon. Bitter wind chills today and tomorrow are forecast. The pups are sweet together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We were cold here today, but the sun was shining so we FELT warmer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those puppies are so cute! It's still icy here but a lot of the snow has melted. We tried to walk yesterday, but the blue skies turned dark and it started to sleet, so we came back home!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those mittens are so fun and colourful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Piper back to school and you with two 4 legged family!! Adorable dogs. It is cold and rainy lately. Alot of water in rivers. Much better than when we in drought through the summer! Wind gusts Sunday late night and early morning. Out and about after Bible study this morning/afternoon to get groceries and pedicure. As usual I forgot canned chicken from Costco! It wasn't on my list! So far life is good and hope yours stay that way as well! Hugs and blessings, Becky

    ReplyDelete
  10. Three pair of mittens in one day. Your needles are singing.
    Stay warm dear friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your mittens look so warm, someone will sure enjoy having them. Hope all goes well for the dogbabies!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. betsy, I 1ove the thought of being watched over. and my kids too

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your mittens you make are so pretty. Our puppy needs a playmate too! Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooh those mittens are so cute! Now you have me wanting to crochet mittens! I might just do that after I'm done crocheting a Doctor Who adipose from the 10th Doctor series.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aw, those dear little puppies! They are so precious! I hope all goes well with their operations. God bless all of you!

    ReplyDelete