Thursday, January 6, 2022

One More Day

Well everyone, tomorrow is the big day. Zoey goes in to be spayed and Lizzie goes on Saturday. Dennis is worried sick about it. I’m so serious. 😂 It’s almost hilarious. That was one of the reasons we wanted to get the girls together for a good play this week because we know it will be several weeks before they can play like that again.

Mandy and Piper came over when Mandy got off work yesterday and had dinner with us. I made a big pot of chicken and homemade noodles. We had honeyed carrots, cranberries and crescent rolls. It was so good on such a cold day. I never remember to take photos of the food for you though. I apologize. Dennis‘s mom didn’t want to venture out because it was so cold, even though we said we would drive next-door in Mandy‘s warm car and pick her up and take her home. So Dennis and Piper took a bowl of noodles and carrots over to her after we ate for her to eat today. She was thrilled. Mandy and Piper took a bowl of noodles home too. I’m glad my kids like my chicken and noodles. It’s one of their favorite foods that they request end it makes me still feel needed.

The puppies were so tired. Lizzie slept all the way home and Zoey crashed on my lap. This was Lizzie this morning waiting outside her girls room, (Piper), for her to wake up.

Here they are snuggling on the couch after Piper woke up. I think they would have both been happy to stay here all day instead of Piper leaving for school. I love both of those faces.💜 Another reason for staying home was the -36F windchill this morning. But, they rarely call school off for weather here and off this little girl went. I’m sure Lizzie is waiting impatiently for her to come home.

Last night in the matching sweaters I made them. They look orange here but they really are more of a peach color.  They were laying nicely right next to each other until Zoey decided to move right when the picture was snapped.

Hallelujah! With these two pair of mittens I’m all caught up to where I should be and actually I’m a week ahead. I’m so excited to actually be able to make some thing else.  I have chosen some light green yarn to work on a prayer shawl for the hospital. After that I have some baby knitting to do. It will be much easier to fit in two pair of mittens a week than it was to make 26 pair all at once.

I splurged and ordered some Christmas sock yarn online. I found it on Etsy. I have never, ever had Christmas socks before. These will actually be for me and I plan to make them in time for Christmas this year. You can see the pattern that it’s supposed to make on the label. How fun!

I have also decided to try to cut out as much extra sugar as I can in my diet. I have a lot of weight to lose. More than I ever have before. I have gotten lazy over the last couple of years that I’ve been confined to home more and I think the stress of the pandemic and moving and everything else is showing. I used to take Chloe for walks a couple of times a day and of course that doesn’t happen anymore. And with the weather the way it is here, a small dog and living on the top of the hill, I’m not about to go out and hike around in the ice.  For the first time ever my A-1 C was high and so was my cholesterol. Something needs to change. I would appreciate any prayers that you would like to say for me in this endeavor. I love chocolate and that’s going to be the hardest thing to give up, so I’m trying to go cold turkey on it.
Dennis is a huge support. I’m not doing any specific diet plan, but I am trying to fast 18 hours a day with a six hour eating window. That has worked very well for me in the past. (Meaning the years before a pacemaker.) Now they have me on so much medication, it’s hard to go very long without eating without getting the shakes and feeling faint. Basically I don’t eat anything until noon and I stop eating at 6 PM. I just restarted this on Monday and so far, so good. I will keep you posted of my progress.  I’m putting this out there for the whole world to see so now I have to be accountable! Yikes!

I was looking at the weather map last night and there were very few places in the United States that weren’t covered with some sort of weather advisory. There were tornado warnings, thunderstorms, high winds, windchill’s, blizzard warnings, winter weather advisory’s, flooding. Shall I go on? I think that was the most active I have ever seen the map. I hope you’re all doing well and taking good care of yourselves wherever you may be. 

Remember, God loves you and so do I. As trite as that may sound, it’s true.

Blessings and love,
Betsy


24 comments:

  1. Good luck on your weight loss journey! I am too embarrassed to say how much weight I have put on over the past few years because it scares myself. My gap insurance did not cover lab work, so when I turned old enough for Medicare, I visited the doctor and it turned out my A1C was not too bad at all. I was totally shocked since both of my parents had elderly onset diabetes and, you know, short, fat, white lady syndrome. I was really saying farewell to food and now I have to really slap myself and make a plan. The other surprise was, after comparing my prescriptions to Medicare tiers of coverage, I found several of my prescriptions were highest tier and very expensive. When we discussed this, he is letting me drop 3 of them. One he said, well stop taking this, it has been proven not to help. . . (say what). Then I take one for GERD and he said to just switch to an over the counter. The other he let me cut in half. Since I refilled the full prescription for three months worth just before my birthday and I also got an accidental double shipment during the pandemic, I am pretty much set on that dose for the rest of this year. If I had not brought up cost, I would still be taking all these! Now I tell myself I need to lose those pounds and hopefully remain on fewer medications. I can't wait to hear how you do! I understand the walking. Since I broke my arm, I am leery of walking along in case I fall. For many years I would regain my summer body by miles of walking once the snow melts. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwwwwwwww...those pups are spoiled (in the BEST way). So cute.

    We are bracing for our first snow of the season. Expecting up to 4", but of course, you never know. Could be more. Could be less.

    ReplyDelete
  3. DEAR SISTER: DEBES CUIDAR TU SALUD YA QUE ES MUY IMPORTANTE SENTIRCE BIEN, CUANDO TENEMOS CIERTA EDAD, ES BUENO TENER UNA DIETA EQUILIBRADA Y SALUDABLE, EL SABADO CUMPLIRE 62 AÑOS Y ESTOY ALGO EXCEDIDA DE PESO Y NO SOY MUY ALTA COMO TU, TENGO QUE HACER DIETA Y MUCHA, PERO CON LA MENOPAUSIA, HASTA UN VASO DE AGUA ME ENGORDA JAJAJAJA, FUERA DE BROMA, DEBEMOS CUIDARNOS PARA TENER BUENOS AÑOS POR DELANTE HASTA QUE EL SEÑOR DECIDA LLEVARNOS A SU HOGAR. ME ENCANTAN TUS GUANTES, PLANEO TEJER MUCHOS PARA ESTE INVIERNO NUESTRO CUANDO EN TU PAIS SEA VERANO, AHORA ESTOY HACIENDO UN POCO DE COSTURA, QUIERO RENOVAR LAS CORTINAS DE MI COCINA, ESTAMOS PINTANDO Y ARREGLANDO LA CASA, UN POCO AQUI Y UN POCO ALLA, ES ALGO QUE NUNCA SE TERMINA Y DEMANDA DINERO. QUERIA COMENTARTE QUE EL ENVIO DEL AÑO PASADO (LANAS) QUE NUNCA LLEGARON, ESTA EN EL DOMICILIO QUE TENIAS ANTES DE MUDARTE, ¿TIENES ALGUN CONOCIDO ALLI QUE PUEDA PASAR POR EL CORREO? NO QUIERO SER MOLESTA CON ESTO, PERO EN MI CORREO LOCAL ME DIJIERON QUE DEBE ESTAR DE DONDE SE ENVIO. BUENO, TE DECEO UN FELIZ VIERNES Y CUIDATE DE EL TIEMPO TAN LOCO QUE HAY EN EL MUNDO. BENDICIONES.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DEAR SISTER: YOU SHOULD TAKE CARE OF YOUR HEALTH BECAUSE IT IS VERY IMPORTANT TO FEEL GOOD, WHEN WE HAVE A CERTAIN AGE, IT IS GOOD TO HAVE A BALANCED AND HEALTHY DIET, ON SATURDAY I WILL BE 62 YEARS OLD AND I AM A LITTLE OVERWEIGHT AND I AM NOT VERY TALL LIKE YOU, I HAVE TO DIET AND A LOT, BUT WITH MENOPAUSE, EVEN A GLASS OF WATER MAKES ME FAT HAHAHAHA, NO KIDDING, WE MUST TAKE CARE OF OURSELVES TO HAVE GOOD YEARS AHEAD UNTIL THE LORD DECIDES TO TAKE US TO HIS HOME. I LOVE YOUR GLOVES, I PLAN TO KNIT MANY FOR THIS WINTER OF OURS WHEN IN YOUR COUNTRY IT IS SUMMER, NOW I AM DOING SOME SEWING, I WANT TO RENEW THE CURTAINS IN MY KITCHEN, WE ARE PAINTING AND FIXING UP THE HOUSE, A LITTLE HERE AND A LITTLE THERE, IT IS SOMETHING THAT NEVER ENDS AND DEMANDS MONEY. I WANTED TO TELL YOU THAT LAST YEAR'S SHIPMENT (WOOL) THAT NEVER ARRIVED, IS AT THE ADDRESS YOU HAD BEFORE YOU MOVED, DO YOU HAVE ANY ACQUAINTANCE THERE WHO CAN PICK UP THE MAIL? I DON'T WANT TO BE ANNOYING WITH THIS, BUT MY LOCAL POST OFFICE TOLD ME THAT IT MUST BE FROM WHERE IT WAS SENT. WELL, I WISH YOU A HAPPY FRIDAY AND TAKE CARE OF THE CRAZY WEATHER IN THE WORLD. BLESSINGS.

      Delete
  4. Pretty Christmas sock yarn Betsy! Good luck with your diet changes. I tried the fasting thing but it does not work for me. I'm much better off having 3 meals and just cutting back on what I eat. Age, hormones, etc. have done a number on me for sure - LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending thoughts your way for your big day tomorrow. I know all too well how scary that is. I'm like Dennis, I'm a worrier. Someone said once that their life was full of catastrophe's........that never happened. That's me in a nutshell.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thinking about that puppy! Hope your dieting goes well; it's hard to get out and walk when the weather's crummy, isn't it. All the passes here are closed today, thanks to all the snow and now rain. It's 49 degrees and our snow is almost gone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Of course you have my prayers Betsy . The pups wi11 do great. Do you have those soft cones of shame? The vets give the p1astic kind. Shops se11 a soft fi11ed co11ar

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sure Zoey will be just fine. Still one does worry.
    Best of luck cutting down on sugar and losing a few pounds. I suppose we're all in the same boat in that regard. I haven't gained any weight in years BUT I've shrunk almost 3 inches so it's all lumped in my middle. :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Chicken and homemade noodles was one of my favorite meals growing up. I should have paid more attention to my Mom when she made the noodles. Love the sweaters you made the “fur babies.” A chinook wind came through this afternoon and melted a lot of the 9” of snow that fell yesterday and last night.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Prayers for you and the pups!!! Fasting is excellent. I did it with a little bit of carb watching and pretty soon I lost 22 lbs....fast. You don't have to go full out no-carbs but being a bit mindful helps. In the weather you have, I don't blame you for not going for walks outside. Maybe on Craigslist you could pick up a treadmill? OR a stationary bike? Too bad we can't loose weight by knitting and crocheting faster and longer!!!!....OH!!! that would be the best!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Addie - I need video of fast crocheting and knitting if you try that. 😂

      Delete
  11. I see peach in the pooch sweaters! Diva dogs with pretty sweaters! // The only time I ever had extra weight was when I was taking Lyrica and Celebrex, both of which are notorious for weight gain (among other problems); once I stopped taking them, I lost it all. Don't know what meds you might be taking, but talk to your doctor because some of them cause weight gain at certain dosages/mg. // You could do what Jerry and I do during weather that is too cold or rainy or even too hot... we either go to the Sports Arena or the mall. Usually cities (like ours) have lists of places available for indoor walking; our local recreation commission has a list on their website and also puts the list in their newsletters. I know people who go walking inside their churches, just walk up and down the hallways lol. Omaha being so big, I'd bet there are tons of places for indoor walks! If I'm not up to leaving, I walk our apartment building hallways and do my "floors" in the stairwell. By the way, get one of the pedometer apps on your phone... I love mine! I have the Pedometer++ Step Counter (shows a green walking preson in the list)... just search "pedometer" in the app store. It's free! And by the way, I have mine set to the lowest set (500 steps) because with my fibro, arthritis and other issues, on my worst days at least if I do that many steps I've done something! // The only time I fast is in limited time during certain holy days, otherwise, my meds do not work without food. // Prayers for everything!! Blessings and lotsa love, my friend! You 👏 can 👏 do 👏 it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Betsy, you're such a gem! God bless you. I will be praying for you and your weight loss efforts. Sounds like you have a good plan. I am working on that too...so hopefully we'll both be successful. I have other challenges weighing on me now too, so if you would just whisper a prayer for me when you can, I would greatly appreciate that. I love all the mittens you have knitted and your chicken and noodles supper sounded great...do you have a recipe for that? I've never made it. Thanks for a great blog...I always love to come here and read your latest news. Take good care!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have also put on weight and Monday I started weight watchers. I've done it successfully before but never online. I wish they had meetings but covid took all that away. I think we need to pray for each other. I think it's more important to do everything we can for our health now than ever before. In the last year and a half I've started taking all kinds of vitamins and I've never done that before.
    I was worried about Beulah too when she got fixed. Afraid that she would rip her stitches out, not so much by biting at them because she had to wear a cone but keeping her from jumping and running, that was what I worried about. When she goes off the porch she takes all four steps at once in a huge leap. So after her surgery I took her out to go potty on a leash so that I could keep her still.
    Well I'm rambling on I don't need to take up this much space in your comments. God bless you and I love you too :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ha-and we had a fog advisory! The dogs look so sweet-she will be up and at 'em in no time again. Nice job on the mittens! Piper is so sweet! (I'm with you on the sugar restrictions--my weight is climbing like it never has before--I'm afraid I will pop!)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Betsy, I hope you get some weight loss. No fun! But I try my best not to eat alot of food. I do eat breakfast as I've always eaten it. Lunch, good snacks and nothing after 9:30. I saw alot of water in creeks when I was driving through the countryside to Mollala for dental appt today. So thankful none on the road!! My sister sent me photos of snow in WA! Landslide close to Troutdale, Columbia River Gorge the other day. One side open now and hopefully east bound open tomorrow! Have a blessed day and hope doggies do well. ...Becky

    ReplyDelete
  16. I will be looking forward to hearing how the little pups are after their surgeries. And I surely can relate to your weight loss dilemma. I have struggled with it all for so long. I have been doing the intermittent fasting most days since the early part of September. I do 16 hours of fasting (or try to almost every day) and 8 hours of eating, but I often cut the eating window shorter than that. I have lost a tiny bit of weight, and it is so frustrating to not lose more, but I am going to stick to it, by God's grace. I think it is much healthier, too. God bless you to succeed, and me, too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is very cool sock yarn!

    I can attest, that even if you can make all the food your mom makes... it never tastes as good as Mom's!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is the cutest picture of Piper and her dogbaby. We had both of our Chi's 'fixed' and they did great. Chicken and noodles on a cold day, wonderful!! I need to diet also, Lord give me strength. :) Hope you do well and get to your desired weight.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I will pray you are able to make the best diet changes to help you lose some weight! I have never even tried going that long without eating. The only thing that has helped me is really very few carbs.And I know how hard it is to go out and walk in the winter, cold and ice YIKES...
    Hugs, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  20. That is very pretty sock yarn, it will be fun to see how it knits up! My brother is on that same kind of diet, it works for him, I hope you have good luck with it too! I hope Zoey did okay with the surgery and Dennis has recovered! Gene did the same thing when Chance went to be neutered:) Men! Gotta love them. Gene is about the same, not worse and better usually takes him a long time...a month or longer. So we have to be patient!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Betsy. Lovely knitting well done on mittens and new projects, pray pups are okay ..
    And praying re weight.
    As child until meds at 16yrs I was a skinny thing. Then need permanent cortisone so thats a struggle, constant watchfulness. As I'm short too.
    Then heart attack and heart meds and I put on weight just looking at it.
    Thankfully only needed them for 6mths, but took 12 mths to lose the 6kg I put on.
    I've done it the way you're going to try. It does work. But maybe have fruit, even dried fruit ready for when sugar low hits. Its leagal but tastes like sugar. Hypos are real so need to be careful. I eat half a dried peach a day as its good for iron too. I'm eating choc at moment but usually on banned list.

    Id ask your Dr if some meds you need are better at dealing with weight gain, as know some are better than others. Beta blocker I was on was my weight adder.
    If seek Drs advice it maybe easier for you. Praying.

    Thanks for sharing, and may God bless and keep you and all whom you love safe and well.
    Prayer hugs, Shaz in Oz. X

    {Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
    {Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

    ReplyDelete
  22. The photo of your granddaughter with her furry friend warms my heart. Love her smile! What could be more wonderful on a cold winter day than homemade chicken and noodles? Yum! Praying your weight loss journey is a success! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete