Monday, January 17, 2022

How are all of you?

Just wondering how all of you are faring with the storm if you live in the eastern part of the US? We ended up with about 6 inches of snow on Saturday morning. Dennis took the snowblower down the sidewalks on our side of the hill and back up the sidewalks on the other side, so all of the neighbors got their sidewalks cleared by him. I think they appreciated it. He does enjoy using his snowblower and always did the same thing back in Spokane. With the wind blowing the snow back on him, he looked like the abominable snowman by the time he was done! Sunday and today were above freezing so there’s been a lot of melting going on which would be absolutely wonderful if it didn’t refreeze at night and make everything very, very icy. The plumber was supposed to be here at 7:30 this morning and he’s usually very prompt. At 7:40 I heard his truck backing into the driveway. Apparently he couldn’t get up our hill. Even in four-wheel-drive he was sliding backwards down the hill but was able to go around to the block behind us and come in from the top! That clinched it for me. I stayed home all day. Everything that had melted yesterday just turned to solid ice on top of the snow in the street. It’s a real mess. I took Dennis to the airport yesterday and didn’t have any trouble at all getting back up the hill. I’m just glad I’m in the house safe and sound.

Speaking of Dennis, he’s having our “Friday” night lake pizza tonight with our lake friends. I ordered the pizza from here and he’s picking it up after work and Larry, Nita, Paul and Lori are all having pizza together, just like old times. I’m not going to think about it much or I know the tears will start. I do miss our friends. Remember when I used to order pizza Friday night at the lake and Dennis would pick it up on his way back after work? The five of us called him our pizza delivery boy as everyone would be waiting by the time he got there after the drive from town. I do miss the lake a LOT.

We have been keeping our eyes on advertisements for campers because we’d like to get one this spring. Our plan is to head to Spokane for a month in the spring or early summer if it all possible. There just doesn’t seem to be much out there in the way of campers right now. We are now kicking ourselves for not keeping the little one that we sold last year. We know the floorplan we want and we know that we want it to be much smaller than the one that we lived in last year so we can get into national parks and state parks. Apparently camping has become very popular during Covid and there’s just not a lot to be found that’s in decent shape. The prices for new ones are astronomical if you can even find them, because again, because of Covid there are shortages of a lot of parts. We’ve even considered just putting a canopy on the back of the pick up and putting a mattress in there and staying in it that way. It just may come to that because we’re both ready to go camping again!

I have been busy knitting and crocheting over the weekend. I finished the baby sweater except for buttons and I made a baby hat to match. Everything still has to be washed and blocked, but I’m happy with the way it turned out.

Now I’m crocheting a blanket to match. Sorry about the shadows. The lighting wasn’t very good today at all.

There’s not much to report considering the only place I’ve gone since my last post was to church on Sunday and to drop Dennis at the airport. There were a lot of people gone from church on Sunday. The virus is really making its rounds here. We know someone who is just put on a ventilator for the third time and he’s just in his early 40s. His name is Steve if any of you would be willing to pray for him.

I sincerely hope you are all doing well and are safe and warm and staying healthy. 

Blessings and love,
Betsy

28 comments:

  1. We were spared the snow but may get a little tonight not that it will amount to much but it could blow around. I hope you can find a camper so you can go in the spring, think positive! Your knitting is so pretty and that blanket is just perfect! Stay warm! I like that Bible Verse very much and just said a prayer for Steve on the ventilator, may the good Lord restore his health:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you made it safely to and from airport. I miss some friends that too. We had less people at church this week than last week. It has been cold outdoors lately even though there was some sunshine a.m. yesterday. Semi foggy today. Saw a not good thing coming home from foot dr appt...someone being put into an ambulance due to traffic accident. 4-5 vehicles affected. Made me cry and pray! We are feeling better and back to work on Sat was good! Only temps taken at work. Stay warm and safe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The baby sweater, hat, and blanket are wonderful and will look sweet on your granddaughter. Good luck on the search for a camper. I’m sure you will find one before summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute baby set.

    Sending prayers of healing for Steve.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love the little baby set! // Saying prayers for Steve, of course! // I suddenly have more shingles spots showing up and of course that means the pain is restarting... and the shingles meds only went through last week Tuesday. // John is very sick now, on top of having to handle his knee. Daycare is closed this week (daycare lady is waiting for her son's test to come back on Thursday or Friday, so they have to close for that time), which puts John in a hard spot because I have shingles and can't be around Aero. Daycare lady is trying to work out a deal with another daycare to take all her daycare kids this week. Anyway, John tried to get in to be seen at same day care and the wait time was 6 hours or more at ALL the walk-in care places and they were already turning people away at noon! So, he had to just leave and go home. Then, we heard the computer systems all went down in the medical offices for hours which made it that much worse. And 'round and 'round we go. Lord, just help us get through this craziness and our health issues! // Sending you much love, Betsy! Stay snug inside with Zoey!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So true about God holding your hand!

    Love the baby outfit. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stay safe and warm over there! I am in Pittsburgh PA and we got about 7 inches from Sunday to Monday. That outfit is amazing! How lovely that you have that skill!!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  8. That little sweater is just the cutest. We had about 5", my husband snowblowed our neighborhood, too - he had a 1st grader and a 3rd grader helping him since there was no school today. Just east of us here in Northern Ohio they got up to 23"!!! Downtown Cleveland was closed. Lots of schools are cancelled tomorrow too.

    Our Covid numbers are way way up and we are going nowhere, not even church. We watch services on line and have since the beginning. Too many at my church do not believe in the vaccine and no one wears a mask. A man from our church younger than my husband died of Covid last week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi
    I visited your site. I read you blog. Very nice written your experience. Beautiful white snowy day. Very cold. Beautiful do doing knitting work. So wonderful little baby sweater,& cap knitting you. God job work. I like . Iam so happy 🙏

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry to hear about your icy conditions. I hate ice. Will pray for Steve! The baby sweater and blanket look great! Take good care!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That baby set is adorable! I can't believe how fast you got it done. I'm still working on my second baby sock.
    I hear you about the campers. When I was trying to convince The Mister we needed one I ran into the same problem. None to be had or way too expensive. The same thing is going on with boats here. Everybody wants one now. You couldn't give them away three years ago. The marina is full-and we rarely see anybody on any of them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I sure hope you can find an RV that you like and is in your price range. It's surprising how many people are interested in camping all of a sudden. And gardening too. I've heard people say that finding the seeds you want will be as hard this year as last year so I plan on buying mine early ( I saw Walmart has theirs all on display in JANUARY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The baby set is really lovely. Will pray for Steve. I love you quote today, ‘When God holds your hand’, that’s such a comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  14. the baby set is so sweet!

    The big storm that hit ontario dumped up to three feet in some places. Mom and DAd got about a foot and a half. We got nothing. The storm line ended about half an hour east of us, and just got worse the further east you went. I think we picked a good place to live! Lol.
    Though there's supposed to be a big storm coming of Lake Huron soon - that will come from the northwest for us, so we'll see how that effect us. It will be bad for my brother who is in a town right on the lake.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Morning, How sweet of Dennis to use his snowblower in helping the neighbors, I am sure they appreciated that! I know what you mean about the campers, as we looked for a small RV for a very long time last year. But the Lord found us the perfect one for us. I think that would be great to go back for a month in the summer! I am doing well, but we are having absolutely no snow and really warm tempertures. The sweater is just so tiny and sweet. I still have the one my Mother knitted for my son, he is in his forties.
    Have a great day! Hugs, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  16. We got rain, then ice, then snow.....Oh Winter dear, you truly have worn out your welcome! No need to send ginger snaps, I am sneaking some from Jo's stash! So glad you are safe at home and Mr. Dennis made it safely, too. Keep looking I just know when the time is right, your RV will present itself. God has a way of working stuff like that out. Wishing you a warm day full of many blessings sweet dear friend. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  17. So glad you are safe and sound! that's cute how you share Friday Night Lake Pizza with your friends. Zoom came along just in time for Covid! We got a couple inches but nothing terrible. It is still here in some parts as it is cold. Stay warm and safe and I will pray for Steve.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh Isaiah Quote:perfect.
    Great baby knitting Betsy!!!!Praying for Steve.
    great baby gifts Betsy!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hope you are doing well and not freezing Betsy! We are forecast to get 1-3 inches tomorrow. Not really all that much and we can stay home. also hope that Steve is doing ok - sending healing thoughts that way. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's hard to let go of the old friends, even when you were going to be with family again...
    The knitting is beautiful! And a blanket to match-perfect! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I know you must miss your friends. Hope you get that new camper trailer and you and Dennis get to visit everyone again. That is a beautiful baby sweater and cap. I've always dearly loved those little sweater sets. Just something about a tiny little baby sweater warms my heart. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  22. The baby's sweater and hat are adorable. You knocked those out fast! I'm glad your trip to the airport was Pre-ice, and that you're home safe, sound and warm. We had ice and ice storm here yesterday. The ice on my windshield when I got off work was so thick it took me 1/2 hour to get a sufficient amount off so I could drive home. I think we're supposed to get snow tomorrow. (sigh) That's Colorado! Be safe! xo

    ReplyDelete
  23. That baby set is so cute, and I love, love, love the blanket. Hope this finds Steve doing much better! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I hope you can find your camper. I miss doing that. Your baby sweater and bonnet are very nice. Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the little knitted set....so cute. Stay home safe and warm. Best knitting weather!!! I have a son whose name is Stephen and he is 41....so I will be praying for "your" Steve also. This virus is just so tricky in who, where and why it attacks. I pray it all stops for everyone everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh, I can't imagine how sad it must have felt to place the order for the pizza and know the other 5 would be there enjoying it, and you not being able to be there! Bless your heart! It is so hard when you feel so torn about being in two different places. I hope you get to go back and camp as you are longing to. May God bless you and keep you safe and healthy always.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Betsy, my sister-in-law and brother-in-law went to the RV Show in Spokane this week and they said the same thing. The prices are terrible. They have a nice 5th wheel but are wanting to downsize a little bit and theirs is getting older so they wanted to upgrade, but not at today's prices. When I sold ours, I sold it to the first buyer and I had another two or three waiting to hear whether I would sell or if they would have a chance to come look at it. If the used ones are in good shape they sell very fast. Maybe when you're in Spokane we could find a time to meet, I would truly like that.
    Stay warm and keep looking, there's something out there for you. I said a prayer for Steve when reading your post . . . there are so many people to pray for these days, that I find I have to stop and pray right when I hear of someone in need, for fear that I will get caught up in life and forget. I also pray that these times we are living will be used to bring more people to the Lord. He is are only hope.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Good for you for staying safely at home while things are so slippery outside! That ice sounds awful.

    I hope you and Dennis can figure out a way to go camping again, and see your friends.

    The baby things are adorable.

    Saying a prayer for Steve.

    ReplyDelete