Friday, February 4, 2022

End of the week already?

My goodness! Is it just me or are the weeks flying by? I couldn’t believe it when I realized it was Friday already. There aren’t enough hours in the day to do all of the things I want to do.

We are supposed to pick up the new trailer a week from tomorrow. They are adding more solar on the roof so we can go boondocking for a longer period of time. They are also installing a backup camera. We looked around and it was only $50 more to have them do the camera install rather than us buy it and install it ourselves. We figure that is well worth the money to have it done correctly!

We have insurance in place after I talked to our agent several times this week. I have also found a place that we can store it, just a few miles from our house. That takes a big worry off of our shoulders. We knew we didn’t want to pull it up and down this hill and try to park it all of the time. When it’s missing it’s also a dead giveaway that you’re not home, to anyone who has nefarious intentions. 

I picked up Lizzie for a play date with Zoey today and she’s spending the night with us. We will take her and Zoey to Mandy & Brad’s house while we go to the zoo with Piper tomorrow. The two of them are having a wonderful time playing. It’s grandma’s spa today. I’ll give Lizzie a bath and clip her nails.  Usually they get their baths at the same time, but Zoey got so muddy on our walk the other day she had to have hers early.

They are playing tug-of-war with a chicken! Zoey looks huge in this photo but Lizzie is really just a little bit smaller.  It must be the perspective.

Their favorite places to play are in the patches of sunshine on the carpet. That thing on the floor is the doggie playpen that they roll around in. It’s the best puppy sitter!

I ended up ripping out the sweater and remaking it. I couldn’t stand that one row of three stitches being wrong! I still have to wash it and sew the buttons on the sweater. I also made a matching hat and a pair of baby mitts.  
Two pair of mittens completed and almost another pair.

A little bit of progress on the socks. I did decide to just do a plain vanilla stitch because of the pattern in the yarn.
That’s about it. It’s been a crazy busy week. I took mom and I to the doctors on Tuesday to get blood work done. Mom‘s kidneys aren’t doing very well and so I have to take her to a nephrologist next week. Her A1C was also very high. Mine hasn’t changed since November so they’re leaving me alone. Then Dennis had to go yesterday to have his bloodwork done. His A1C is still high, but it has been for 10 years. He’s been borderline diabetic all this time, but his A1C never seems to change. Oh, the joys of getting old.

The floor refinishers called and asked if they could move up the work by one week. So instead of being here a week from Monday, they will be here this coming Monday. Which means we have to get everything cleaned out of the living room and dining room and take the pictures off the walls. We’ll stay at mom‘s house for a few nights because they said we can’t stay in the house. We’re trying to figure out where Dennis will be able to work. Mom doesn’t have Internet, so he had planned to just move his computer to our basement. We’re not sure how he will do with the fumes though. After that they just have to put the door jams on the floor from the two bathrooms and I think we’ll be done with everything. Hallelujah! Brad and my nephew Tim are coming over Sunday after church to help Dennis move all of the furniture down to the garage. What a pain. I don’t think we will ever do anything like this again. Although we are so old it probably won’t need done again in our lifetime anyway.😂

I hope all is going well for all of you. Did you all survive the ice and snow?

Blessings and hugs, 
Betsy



15 comments:

  1. I know what you are saying. I have a 7-day pill box. I'm always surprised when the day comes along to fill it again. Time really IS flying.

    Zoey's little spots make me smile every time. She is so cute.

    The grey socks are so pretty. We NEVER have the pretty Kroy colors in our Joann's or Michaels. I guess I'm going to have to shop online if I want the nice ones. LOL

    Hope you have a good weekend and won't it feel good to have all the work done by the middle of next week. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are going to love your new floors, they will be so pretty when they are done. To bad you couldn't have had it done before moving in :)
    You reminded me of my mother. If she saw a stitch that didn't please her she would rip it all out and start over. I just set my crazy mind to think that, that stitch is the one that gives the project a little charm and character, LOL. That's why I have this unperfected . . . perfection attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did have a crazy busy week! You sure will be glad to have all your construction done and have your house back! Glad you found a place to store your camper. I never thought about people knowing we are gone when it's not in the driveway. There are only a couple of places here where we can store ours and both have waiting lists 4-5 years long. It is also very expensive. Enjoy your weekend... as much as you can!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So excited for your trailer!! That is awesome. I know you will love it. Colin texted me a picture of their two cats lounging in the sun on their balcony in TX. It was 55 here this morning, but the temp has steadily dropped all day and now it is below freezing. We've had rain and I guess it is changing to sleet. Stay warm and good luck with the floor stuff - it will be nice to have that out of the way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a had a busy week! Gosh, getting the camper already! I think it is smart to just have the experts do the finishing touches. I am glad you re-did the sweater. I knew you couldn't live with it not absolutely perfect for your granddaugher!

    Those puppies are just the cutest thing ever! Hope all these health issues get straightened out. I know you can't wait until the house is done, done, done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have such a busy life I'm always surprised that you get so much knitting done. The sweater set looks absolutely perfect now. I can understand why you had to undo the one part.
    I hope all will go smoothly with the floor finishers. IF I could live with the disruption and mess we'd have ours refinished but I know myself well enough to know I would have a terrible time coping.

    ReplyDelete
  7. BUsy 1ady. I agree those puppies are they cutest things ever. RE doing the sweater is true 1ove!
    Im sti11 smi1ing about your camper Betsy. It is quiet here. So happy the O1ympics are fina11y on!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It will be good to have the floors done and everything crossed off your home improvement list! The dogs are so cute! I figured you would frog that sweater...you are a perfectionist! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need a puppy to have a play date with Rosie! As usual your knitting is so lovely. Glad everything is working out about your trailer. Happy days ahead! Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  10. I liked the tug-of-war photo of your adorable dogs! :-> Lovely knitting projects. It was nice on Thursday then we had fog this a.m. finally some sun and clouds. A bit of rain when I got to Safeway after work late afternoon. I'm glad you found a place to have your trailer off street and protected, most likely! I am sure you will enjoy your trips with it! I had wanted to get one or an RV but we never did or will. Phil likes staying in hotels, which is good for me. Have a good weekend my dear friend, Becky

    ReplyDelete
  11. I HATED having our floors redone. I'd have rather have just ripped them out and replaced them with the laminate we have for the kitchen but The Mister wouldn't hear of it. I did tell him I will never refinish them again so he will have to live with whatever I do to them.
    That sweater set is so darling. It reminds me of the lacy layette sets we used to make back in the day. Believe it or not I made one in blue for a newborn nephew. It got a lot of eyerolls but I had fun making it.
    I love that color of Kroy. It's been so long since I've been in a Micheal's I bet all the brands have new colors I haven't seen.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I thoroughly enjoyed looking at all the photos of your recent purchase on your last post. What a brilliant trailer Betsy! It looks to be really practical and everything laid out so well inside. It will be thrilling to travel with such a comfortable looking mini home. What fun those two are having playing tug-of- war. It is an adorable snapshot. I am sure that your floors that they are laying this coming Monday will look wonderful but what a bother to have to clear everything out. Even having to stay out of the house for several days. All worthwhile in the end though :-). Shame about having to frog the sweater but I know how you feel when you are sure something isn't exactly right. I would have done the same! It is a lovely set though. Keep well. Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  13. You sure keep busy and are so productive as well. Nice work on the baby set, and I love those socks. I can relate about mistakes and just frogged sock down to the ribbing. Hope it's not so cold any more; it's the usual rain and clouds. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The pups look so cute rough housing together! Great job on the knitting (and reknitting) in this busy week! I know the prep is a pain but you are so close to done on a lot of levels!

    ReplyDelete