Monday, February 28, 2022

Good Monday morning!

Hello everyone! I hope you all had a lovely weekend in spite of the news around the world. I’m trying to take my own advice and just watch a little bit of news. Just enough to keep informed but not too much so that I’m overwhelmed with it all. And then I pray and try to leave it at God’s feet. Of course the Ukraine and its people are in the back of my mind all of the time. Dennis went to the Ukraine several times on business and has many acquaintances there. He went to Romania and Croatia often and understandably, those countries are nervous as well with what’s happening. He has many friends there. I know all of you are just as concerned as I am. I will continue to lift them all up in prayer throughout the day and night as they come to mind.



All of my free moments have been spent working on this cross stitch kit. I had forgotten just how long it takes to do solid blocks of color like this. All of my respect to those of you who do a lot of  cross stitch with blocks of color. I did change the elephant from two shades of blue to the two shades of gray. The dark gray on the top of its head is actually an ear. I’m trying to change some of the blues out to make it more girly.

I still have a monkey and a giraffe to do and the baby is due in just three weeks! Oh well. We will probably just take it with us when we go visit. The visit is planned for late April. I should be able to get it done by then shouldn’t I?

My poor February socks are nowhere near being done. I still have an inch or two of the foot and the toe to do on the first sock as you can tell. I’m a bit disappointed in the yarn though. In the past I have always had plenty of yarn left after a pair of socks with Kroy yarn. You can tell by what’s left in the skein that there isn’t much there. They are exactly the same size that I always knit. I’m thinking I may need to use plain black for the toes. Otherwise, I really like the pattern that’s being made with this yarn.

I saw this blanket on Facebook this morning. The lady said she bought it from an Etsy shop. Isn’t it cute? I love those little puppy tails. I’m debating whether to buy the pattern or not. I have so many baby blanket patterns already.
Dennis got a new toy this weekend too. We ordered this pit boss from Amazon. It is for our camping trips.

We decided to go with a griddle instead of a grill. It’s portable and can sit on the table top. We also bought the adapter hose so we can use big propane tanks instead of those little one pound bottles. They go so fast and are so expensive. The grill that we had at the lake was 10 years old and it had lots of rust on it and was pretty much worn out. We used it virtually every day in the summer out there. You can cook everything on this that you do on a grill, plus more. Pancakes, bacon, grilled sandwiches, etc. can all be made on here along with the regular hamburgers, kebabs and other meats. You can buy a cover for it as well as a stand to sit on, but we’re going to wait and see if we actually need those things before we buy them. I’m excited to try it out.

Yesterday after church, we took mom for a drive to Mahoney State Park. It is between Omaha and Lincoln. We also went to Platte River State Park and Louisville State Park. They are all within about 10 miles of each other. We camped at all of these places before we moved to Spokane but haven’t been there since our move. My goodness how things have changed! Mahoney has a snowmachine and even though it was in the upper 50s yesterday, kids were out tobogganing on the hill. They have horseback rides and a tree top adventure area which I think are zip lines. There is a big swimming pool with slides and also a movie theater. There is a big lodge with a restaurant and lots and lots of cabins. It is huge compared to what it used to be. We have reservations to stay there at the middle of April. It will be our shakedown trip with our little trailer.

This is a bit later in the day now and getting posted much later than I planned. For some reason Blogger would not work for me this morning so I’m trying again. Meanwhile I went and got my oil changed. What a gorgeous day we have. It’s 71°F outside. I took my sock and I sat outside on a bench while they changed the oil and it was lovely then I came home and took Zoey for a nice long walk. Wishing you all a wonderful Monday.

Blessings,
Betsy 

21 comments:

  1. I think that puppy dog afghan would be pretty easy to figure out without buying a pattern. It's very cute.

    I love that griddle/grill thing. That looks very useful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you don't want to try to finish the second sock, you could send it to Kathy Boyer for the WarmSockWarmHeart project. Love that stitchery; hope you'll share the finished project! This is a very scary time, isn't it? Hugs from WA.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BETSY, ME ENCANTA ESA LANA MATIZADA, CREO QUE EL NEGRO EN LA PARTE DE LOS DEDOS QUEDARA MUY BIEN, ESTOY TEJIENDO UN GORRO PARA MI NIETA MAS PEQUEÑA QUE PRONTO CUMPLIRA 1 AÑO, ESTOY USANDO LANA MATIZADA EN TONOS ROSADO, ES HERMOSO COMO ESTA QUEDANDO, PRONTO LO PUBLICARE. GRACIAS POR PASAR POR MI BLOG. AMOR EN CRISTO JESUS DULCE HERMANA.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I AM KNITTING A HAT FOR MY YOUNGEST GRANDDAUGHTER WHO WILL SOON BE 1 YEAR OLD, I AM USING WOOL IN SHADES OF PINK, IT IS BEAUTIFUL HOW IT IS TURNING OUT, SOON I WILL PUBLISH IT. THANKS FOR STOPPING BY MY BLOG. LOVE IN CHRIST JESUS SWEET SISTER.

      Delete
  4. The stitching is coming along--it is slower than you are used to!
    The crochet blanket is very pretty! You'll enjoy the griddle--it makes me hungry for pancakes and sausage! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. All your stitches are looking great - and that puppy pattern is just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Many of us who are descendants pf the German-Prussian Mennonites still have ancestral families living in central through southeastern-Ukraine... shirt-tail cousins, of course... but my ancestors were their ancestors and many of the families still communicate with us descendants here in the U.S. and exchange genealogy/family history. We are, of course, keeping them lifted in prayer! // Looks like some good grilling... I mean, griddling, haha... is in your future! Very interesting appliance, haven't seen one like that. // I think the animal cross-stitch project is going to be so adorable when it's finished! Knowing you, I think it's a safe bet you'll have it done in plenty of time! Hugs and blessings to you, dear Betsy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cross-stitch piece looks very nice. I've not done any lately but I should do some after I get the shawl finished. I'm glad you had a good time Sunday afternoon! We have some plans for the spring as well. We had heavy rain and some wind today. Warmer though which is good. My friend Doris is nearing her end in life. She's late 80s and sister in Jesus. I will be able to talk with her via phone once her family member gets back to where she's at. I've known for 15 years or so from church. She's waiting to see Jesus! 0tears but joy in the promise of heaven! Have a good week my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can’t imagine the terror the Ukrainian people are experiencing. Prayers are all I can offer to them. The new griddle is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Betsy, I love that sock pattern. It has a Scandinavian vibe. After seeing how productive you are with your needlework, I'm convinced you'll soon have that cross stitch finished. My heart goes out to the Ukrainian people. Samaritan's Purse is already in Poland and ministering aid and the love of Jesus to the refugees. Praise the Lord for Franklin Graham and his organization! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. 71 degrees sounds wonderful! And knitting outside. I like your new griddle and glad to hear you will be going camping before too long. Your cross stitched piece is just darling. And you are right - cross stitching can take a lot of time! It sure is a scary world right now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have an old and dear friend in Latvia and he remembers all too well what it was like living under Russian rule. He is terrified of it coming back. Their country has still not recovered from those brutal years. We take for granted so much here.
    Your stitching is lovely. It is so hard to make solid blocks look that neat.

    ReplyDelete
  12. All we can do is pray... God hears all the prayers...sometimes they are not answered in the way we wish and we must accept that.
    Nice socks...I am sure they cut the yardage.
    71 degrees I am so jealous..we might get to 20 F today")

    ReplyDelete
  13. A beautifu1 post. Many many prayers said. More to come. P1ease, Peace Come

    ReplyDelete
  14. Like you, we watch just a little of the news. I feel so bad for all the innocent people who don't want this war and are stuck in the middle of it all. You do such beautiful work on everything...cross stitch, socks, mittens. You're amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I could picture the scene....you sitting in the warm sunshine knitting and waiting patiently while you got the oil changed. Those quiet peaceful moments are so important in these disturbing times.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I needed the Scripture. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yes, we have much to pray about now. I love your lovely cross stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I bet you just can't wait to get out and about in your trailer. Have you got a destination in mind? I do love your bright socks. it looks as if you have chosen a Fair Isle sock pattern but I don't think adding black toes would disrupt the pattern in the least. The cross-stitch is very sweet and looks adorable. My... three weeks away until your new granddaughter arrives...time so flies! The War: it is so senseless and horrifying! Our friend is from the Ukranie she settled here in Spain about 10 years ago and luckily has her mother with her. The poor girl is so worried about the rest of her family. I am trying to not watch too much news either as all this is so disturbing. I just try to keep up-to-date with what's going on. Take care now! Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  19. So nice to visit with you today, sweet friend. I know you are getting anxious for that new grandbaby! And to get out camping again. May God bless you and all your family and keep you all in His tender care.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a joy to visit with you and feel the excitement of your new Grand baby along with you. The gift will be beautiful once finished. Your camping trip sounds like such fun too, you have a lot to look forward too. Every blessing.

    ReplyDelete