Friday, March 26, 2021

Still Packing

It’s Friday! Not much has changed since I last posted. The pile on the sofa has changed a bit. Some things have been added to the car and others have taken their place on the sofa. I’m still hoping it will all fit!

I did start a baby blanket yesterday morning and I’ve been picking it up off and on to add a few rows and give me a chance to sit down. I made a couple of cabled baby hats that I have already given to Nita. I’m sorry I forgot to take a picture of them first.  She is keeping them all at her house and on Monday I will make one final delivery to the hospital here. I think there are seven baby blankets and 47 hats in the bag to be donated.

I have a few more pictures of the house for you. The first two will be Dennis’s office as he will be working from home at least for awhile.  They left the desk and lamp in this photo.  We are hoping the desk will be big enough for the two big monitors he needs.

They also left this bookcase and the Hoover vacuum cleaner! In the closet downstairs there is also a carpet cleaner!

This will be our guest room, or as it will be called, “Piper‘s room.”  We are planning on lots of overnight stays here at Papa and Grandma‘s house. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ‘  Just a reminder that everything you’re seeing in all of these photos was left for us. Weren’t they generous?

I like the little details like the scallops over the closet doors. We are planning to take the vertical blinds down from the living room windows and put blinds like these up on those windows too.

That’s about it. It’s been a fairly quiet week. Dennis had his Second vaccine on Monday afternoon with absolutely no side effects at all. His arm wasn’t even very sore. I hope I have the same experience when I get mine on Monday morning.  

Yesterday I had Sophie all day long while Larry and Nita took a short road trip. They dropped her off about 8:30 in the morning and picked her up about 4:30. It was so nice to have a dog here again. I’m certainly going to miss her. She’s such a little sweetheart.  Nita is worried about what she’s going to do when they can start cruising again as I have always been the one to keep Sophie for them. I told them they would just have to cruise out of Florida and stop in Nebraska on the way and drop Sophie off! It is really going to be hard to leave them behind. I’m trying not to think too much of what we’re leaving behind and focus on what we’re going to. You can’t live somewhere for almost 30 years and not leave part of your heart behind when you move.

The painter was supposed to call me this morning but I haven’t heard anything from him yet. All of the painting was supposed to be done by the time I arrived and the time is getting short.  

I hope you are all doing well and are looking forward to the weekend.

Blessings and love, 
Betsy

21 comments:

  1. You are getting really close Betsy. I love Pipers room!!!!!!!! Everything at the house is so charming. Happy and excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m sure you’ll be able to pack everything in the car.it might be tight, but I think it will fit. How I miss the hardwood floors I had in my house - so easy to clean and my allergies were better, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Betsy, that hospital is really going to miss your wonderful donations. But I am sure you will find a new place there that will welcome your generous offerings. I love the hardwood floor in your new home! And what a perfect office for Dennis! You are going to really enjoy "feathering your nest" there. Does it have a fireplace? You might find a lot of jadeite available in the midwest, you should buy a few pieces to put in your kitchen queen in the new kitchen. I definitely could use a bigger house to spread our my collection.. lol! You will certainly love having Piper over a lot, we have our 2 boys here this weekend. Don't overdo getting ready to go! I'm excited for you. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely house. And so nice of them to leave all those items for you, too. I am sure the hardest thing to leave behind will be the friendships. (hugs)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish that I would have made it over to Spokane and met you, but who knows I could be traveling through Nebraska one day :) Life chances and we do have to look (like you said) to the things that are ahead of us, focusing on what we’re going to. The Lord has a plan for all of us and He has a reason for your move. How wonderful that you will have a room set up for Piper; I'm sure she is over the moon about your move :)
    God bless you, sweet friend,
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The fellow that built the house added some nice touches! It will be okay...you can always visit! Hope the painter gets busy before you get there! Have a good weekend, so thankful that Dennis had no reaction. I am still tired or old:*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your sellers were VERY generous. It sure will be nice to have some things to settle right in.

    Good luck with your shot this week. I know you'll feel great relief when you are all done. I know I sure did.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's getting close is right! It's hard to think of all you will be gaining when you are sitting in WA now...soon it will be all in place! I think it is wonderful to have the things they've left behind! What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I just love the colors in your new afghan! So, so pretty. I am thankful your new house has so many of the things you need, and I am sure little Miss Piper's room will soon be looking so homey and inviting. I can't imagine how much she is looking forward to having you near.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your new house looks beautiful as I like older style houses. There's always something to take with you to another state and house. I am sure the former owners left items they didn't want any more and helpful for next owner. At least all the furniture and wall paintings are nice. Baby afghan is a nice color. Is Dennis still going to be working with same company but at home, online when he moves to NE? I need to rearrange my office area and clear out a lot of papers, etc. Take care and be careful while packing and moving things around. I happy you are able to drive by yourself. It would be fun to have gone with you to help out a bit but won't happen. I thought about it. Hugs and blessings my friend. :-}

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have certainly been blessed with lots of things left that will certainly help. It is hard to move and leave behind so many friends. Just focus on the positives like that gorgeous grandaughter of yours and the fun you will have. Technology is a wonder for keeping in touch. Take things easy and rest before your road trip. Take care dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful spacious bright house Betsy. I love the dark wood doors on the cupboards. It is always so hard to leave a place as you say, you leave part of your heart behind but all those wonderful times you have ahead. Really something to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so excited for you! I know moving is hard but after being locked in here for over a year now your adventure looks wonderful to me. I envy you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. As I told my friend, Aruna, who left Kuwait today -- one chapter closes and a new one begins. She was born in Kuwait and has lived all her life here but her roots are in India. Her husband's mandatory retirement from his company at age 60 meant they had to leave the country so they are winging their way to India now. I sure will miss my art date buddy. It really is nice to know that you have some furniture already in the house. Sure was a good deal and you have much to look forward to. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This Spring is going fast and so is your move! I can't believe you are moving already. They sure left you a lot of stuff! Did you want it all? I hope everything goes smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Betsy, I've missed you and have been thinking about you. You must be so tired of packing. I just love the looks of your new house. The rooms are so pretty and so many pretty things the people left you. So glad Dennis didn't have any bad side effects from the vaccine. The second one made me feel bad but only for a day. Piper must be so excited about having her own room. (guest room). Bet she can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful blanket!

    Piper will be thrilled to have you so close!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are going to miss so many wonderful people but they can come visit and you can zoom and still stay very close. Take care Betsy.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a pretty baby blanket Betsy! You are doing so much and getting ready to move!!! I can't believe it is happening already. Wishing you safe travels. Isn't it wonderful that you will have a guest room or a Piper room? I bet she will just love to come and stay with you.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Seems like you were just talking about moving and now the time is here. Always hard to leave friends behind but with modern technology you can keep in touch. Have a safe trip. Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  21. Read this but no time to comment, but pray yes.. love the blanket, pray allll fits in, and for those you leave behind.. God's comfort for all.
    Thanks for sharing, and may God bless and keep you and all whom you love safe and well.
    Prayer hugs, Shaz in Oz. X

    {Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
    {Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

    ReplyDelete