Monday, July 13, 2020

This and that and a book winner!

Happy Monday everyone.  I’m at the lake today, cleaning and doing laundry. I love cleaning my little house.  We spent yesterday afternoon at the house.  I cleaned out the pantry and boxed up Alex’s few remaining things he had at home.  Dennis did the yard work and some garage packing.  Another load went to the thrift store.  We found out today that the appraisal is scheduled for next Tuesday.  Things are moving right along.

Dennis’s socks are almost finished. One sock has only the kitchener stitch left to do and the other one is about halfway through the toe decreases. I should finish those this afternoon.

I had several photos for you today and I have been fighting with blogger for the last hour and a half trying to get them to upload. I don’t know what’s wrong. I’m still going to put this post out because we have some exciting news! 

We have a winner for Cheryl‘s new book “Biblical Minimalism-Following Jesus From a Life of Abundance to a More Abundance Life.”  The winner is Kathyb!  Congratulations Kathy.  I think you’re going to love the book. For anyone else that would like to have the book you can contact Cheryl at Homespun Devotions or purchase the book at Amazon for your Kindle or paperback copy.  Kathy, I will send Cheryl your mailing address and she will send you a copy herself.

I hope all is well with you.

“Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”  Philippians 4:4-7

Blessings and love,
Betsy

19 comments:

  1. Sometimes Blogger is just stubborn. LOL

    Congrats on things going forward with the house. I know you are going to love having less "home" responsibility for awhile. Sending good wishes for a good appraisal and a good inspection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your time at the lake! Isn't our recent weather wonderful? Good job on the socks.
    Sending hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy to hear all is going well with the sale of your house. It’s exciting, but closing the door for the last time will hit you in the heart. Congratulations to KathyB

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Betsy! ! I am thrilled to be the book winner!!! Thank you!!!!
    I do not like when wordpress or blogger acts up on me! Im sorry. It is not what you need right now. Moving is stressful, but I know this is a good thing for you and Dennis. And socks....I'm knitting socks too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yayyyyyy Kathyb!! Woo-hoo! Congratulations!

      Delete
  5. I know how delightful it is to clean a trailer as it's so small and is so much easier than a big house. I miss my trailer so much but it's just sitting there as we don't want to go anywhere during this covid crisis as most of the fun of going to the beach is all the fun places to eat dinner. LOL! We're enjoying being at home but sometimes I just need to get out and drive. I am seeing another drive to Cascade Locks to the penguin place in the near future. Now back to cross stitching. Hugs to you and Dennis both. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ugh, blogger can be soooooo fickle. So sorry not to see your photos! What a difference having a smaller space makes, huh. I'm glad for our small apartment... less to clean for one thing lol. So glad everything is going well for you guys! Prayers and blessings to you, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats to the book winner! Sounds like you are moving right along with the house! Hard work sorting and packing:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations to Kathy. Thrilled that all is going well with the house sale and long may this continue. Exciting times for you and Dennis, enjoy the process and focus on the positives. Each obstacle a step closer to the dream. It will all be worth it in the end. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Blogger has been making it difficult to post photos all week. They seem to be switching back and forth between versions almost daily. It's like relearning the whole thing all over again not to mention how slow uploading is now. I'd gladly pay a small fee if they would just hire folks that know what they are doing. This is getting to be tiresome.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Always hard to get used to a new format--it reminds me of the angst I feel when my grocery store decides to change things around-grrr! lol
    Glad things are moving right along for the house sale. It will be a huge relief to have it a done deal.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations to Kathy B! Glad everything is moving forward on the sale Betsy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thankful you're getting thru all the stuff in your house. I know for sure we've got too much in our house. A couple rooms are a disaster. Not ours. Enjoy your new smaller home. It took me awhile to get new blogger figured out. Let me know if you need help with post photos. Sometimes I wish I had my own website! Or just blogging but still follow people. Take care my friend💜🌹

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have been so busy Betsy, congrats on getting so much done and congrats to Kathy B. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulation Kathy B! Can't wait to hear the good news about the house :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. A big congratulations to Kathy B! Kevin mailed her book out to her today! I am so happy things are moving along for you, dear friend. Sending much love and gratitude to you for all you have done to promote our book. Many blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi!
    I'm knitting the first of a pair of toe up socks. Have you tried that before?
    This is supposed to be a pair for me, but I may change my mind about that. I'm reading Cheryl's book now, with pencil in hand. ~smile~
    Be blessed,
    Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yay for all your progress! I had a big fuss with Blogger doing my last post, so I can appreciate your frustration. Hope you are having a lovely week and thanks for sharing the encouraging verses! 💜🙏🧶

    ReplyDelete
  18. You have gotten so much done! We have no market here...some houses have been on the market for years...literally! I cannot access my blog to post so I have a new one but you can't get to it unless you click on it here. I have to get to it through my old blog on dashboard. I am waiting to hear back from Google but I'm not holding out much hope. I'm thinking I may have to find another blogging host. Take care, stay well and if you can get to my other blog please leave a comment so I know. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete