Tuesday, July 21, 2020

So far, so good

Just popping in to let you know things are so far, so good with Dennis. It’s been eight days since his one on one meeting with the person who has tested positive. The bad news is, four more people have tested at his office and have not received their results yet. They were all in a meeting with the gentleman who tested positive and none of them had masks on at the time. Two of the four have been sick since Friday and two have had no symptoms as of yet.  Believe me, the rules have gotten much stricter now. Dennis was careful before, but now everyone is being especially careful and staying away from everyone else as much as possible.

Our house appraisal was this morning, so I drove into town about noon and started taking all of the pictures off the walls and patching holes. I have another load to take to the Goodwill tomorrow when I go back to the house to finish packing up the last of the pictures and the decorations that we had out for the appraisal. We took two loads of furniture to friends from church, plus our mattresses to storage after Dennis got off work. Tomorrow night we will take the kitchen table to some other people.  I have a few family pieces that I am planning to take to Mandy‘s house in Omaha that will go to Larry and Nita‘s house tomorrow evening for storage until we are able to travel.  The rest of the furniture will go to our neighbors from Afghanistan.

It has been so hot the past couple of days and tomorrow is supposed to be close to 100. We hope to be done with most things by the end of the week, although our closing isn’t for a couple of weeks yet. We just want to be done with most of our responsibilities.  Dennis will still be doing the lawn care, but hopefully the inside will be ready to go.

Sunday Dennis put a new kitchen faucet in our little trailer.  The old one was a cheap plastic.  Doesn’t this one look nice?  We’re planning to take this small camper to Omaha when we can travel, so we can avoid hotels and restaurants.

Chloe and Sophie were working on their suntans on Saturday. Sophie still thinks Chloe is her mama.  I love how she lays with her back legs out like frog legs!

And now I need to go to bed. It’s been a long, hot and busy day. Take care everyone and I’ll check back in with you in a few days. I think I was able to comment on everyone’s blogs tonight, but I was very late in doing so. I’ll do my best over the next couple of days.

I do want to thank you all for your wonderful comments and prayers and good wishes on my last post. I am continually amazed by the wonderful friends I’ve made here in blog land.

Blessings and love,
Betsy

21 comments:

  1. Wow, Betsy, you really are amazing how quickly you're getting everything dealt with. My hat is off to you. We have so much stuff in so many buildings here we'll just have to stay here until we die. I'm not kidding. You'll feel so light and free when it's all said and done. Just don't overdo, ok? Sending our love to both you and Dennis. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Betsy First of all I am really pleased for you that all is well with Dennis...it certainly sounds promising. I'm afraid this will be a very short comment today as I am battling glitches on my blog! As I explained in the message I sent to you ,some of my blogfriends are not receiving my comments on their posts although I can view my comments on my desktop...totally weird! I would be really grateful if you could send me a short comment to indicate if you can see this and the previous comments I have posted here. By the way,in case you don't receive my email, some blogfriends have told me that mail from my new email address goes into their spam/junk folder. Stay safe Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for getting back to me Betsy...so very glad. Amanda x

      Delete
  3. So good to hear that Dennis continues to feel ok. This virus is so scary. Be careful in the heat Betsy and don't try to do too much!! You and Dennisi have been so busy with the house. I hope you can just sit by the lake a relax a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Betsy, You have been busy! Hope Dennis stays well and feeling good. Your dogs are so cute. I love them! I just looked back at your last post and so glad I did. Piper is adorable and her new haircut really looks cute on her. Your flowers are beautiful too. It is very hot here too. Yesterday it hit 101 and that is a first! Heat index was 107. It is hard to do anything is heat like that. You take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No news is good news, re test, dear Betsy...
    I just came to you and Dennis on my prayer list so thought wonder if there is news??
    And so glad there is!!!

    Your tests are really slow coming back, though. In U.K. its less than 24 hrs ones of my friends said, here its two days or so max.. so six us pretty hopeless.. this is 21st century.
    So glad Dennis is still feeling well and huge praise he was careful..
    ..but praying on for much mercy for all!

    I've this verse in the littlest room in the house because I need to remember it often. VERY often.
    "God has NOT given us a spirit of fear,
    BUT of POWER,
    Of LOVE,
    And of a SOUND MIND. I Tim 1:7
    His power .. in love gives us a sound, rested, trusting mind!
    Glory to His name.

    Impressed at how its all coming together with your home... love your new kitchen tap.. perfect for your wee trailer to travel in. Very posh. Lots of room underneath it. Like that.

    Praying on dear friend.. God be with all over there in Spokane. I pray your African neighbours get saved too.
    Prayer hugs, Shaz in Oz. X

    {Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
    {Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wrong reference.. verse is 2 Tim. 1:7 doing from memory.

      Delete
  6. Fingers crossed for Dennis
    It always cracks me up when dogs and cats lay like that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We're so happy to hear Dennis is continuing to be okay!You have been sooooo busy with this move, be sure to rest when you can. Your friends and family who receive furniture and other items are surely blessed by your generosity and love. And I'm sure thankful that you are one of my friends in blogland!! Blessings to you and Dennis!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an adventure!! I sure wish I could convince The Mister that we need a small camper so we can get out of here. He complains all day about being bored but won't do anything about it. I admire your courage. Both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Relieved to hear Dennis hasn’t had any symptoms and that his office has taken the virus threat seriously. Soon all the house chores will be finished and you’ll be able to relax. Stay safe and well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's going to be crazy for a few days (weeks) but then you will be able to breathe easier! You are always so encouraging, Betsy, I want to let you know you are in my prayers and how well I remember all of the doings that a house sale requires!
    Prayers of protection for Dennis and you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing another encouraging verse, dear Betsy! The Lord's presence with us, that He is working all the time for the good of those who love Him and are called according to His purpose is wonderful blessing! I am cheering you on as you make great progress in the sale of your house and good maintenance of your little trailer. πŸ’œπŸ™πŸ’œπŸ™πŸ’œ

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your new kitchen faucet is really nice. It will make washing dishes more fun.
    *wink*
    Getting all those last minute jobs done in the heat is just that much harder. You're doing great and I hope Dennis continues to be well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope Dennis escapes...my thoughts and prayers for you!
    Good job being all ready with the house...now enjoy some time at the lake! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I pray Dennis remains healthy! Don't you have AC in your house? It is hot here too but I get my yard work done in the morning although it doesn't cool off much at night here either. But I have AC in the house so I stay in the rest of the day. So glad everything is going so well for you!
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I am so glad to hear Dennis is healthy.
    You two are really ahead of things with the move. I'm glad . Once the decision is made, I think most of us just want to be done with it. Even after living at our house for 30 plus years, we were ready to go the day we put it on the market.
    I saw a dog plush toy today, in the shape of a camper. So cute. Thought of yoU!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Still praying for Dennis and hope he stays well. Glad everything is going well and that things are going fast with the selling of your home. Take care dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Continue positive wishes for Dennis, so happy he had that mask on because that makes a big difference. Sounds like you continue to get a lot done Betsy, stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey Betsy, Thank you for the nice comment on my last post. Thought I would leave you another comment here. I would love for your sweet Piper to have two of the clothespin dolls. Please email me at hennypennylane@blogspot.com Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am so thankful to hear that all is well with Dennis and you, dear friend. I believe all will continue to be well, in Jesus' name. I continue to quote Psalm 91 over us, as so many at my husband's work have been sick. One woman's husband died the other day. Such hard times for our world and nation, and the sad part is that so many are turning more evil instead of humbling their hearts before God. His eye is still upon His trusting children, and He will see us through. So glad all continues to go well with your house sale and move.

    ReplyDelete