Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Our new home!

A short post today. Sorry I have been missing in action the past three days but, drumroll please, our house is ready and will hit the market tomorrow. Three days. Well, actually 2 1/2 days. 17 loads to the Goodwill. My car was filled to the brim with the seats down and the passenger seat in the front was filled too. We got rid of virtually everything. Our house is empty except for furniture and a few little things.  Of course, I didn’t get rid of any gifts that I have received from any of you, or any of my yarn except some really, really old acrylic I had.  I haven’t done much with the kitchen cabinets either.

Alicia and her two boys came over Monday and Tuesday and helped me throw the few things in boxes that we were keeping and the boys loaded my car and Alicia’s car over and over for goodwill runs. They worked so hard. Not even teenagers yet and they have an amazing work ethic. If it hadn’t been for Alicia and them I would’ve never been able to do this.   They also helped clean for me too.  Actually, they did most of the cleaning.

Our realtor expects us to have multiple offers and has said in the listing that we will review all offers Monday at 6 in the evening. I’m kind of glad I haven’t had time to think about this. If I did I think it would really upset me but there hasn’t been any time. I’ve been up till between one and two every night and back awake at six. I have been amazed that my back has not given me one iota of problems, however, there’s something wrong with my right leg and I don’t know what.  I don’t remember hitting it, but about 3 inches above my ankle it hurts so bad I can barely walk now. That started last night. It’s not bruised or red. Oh well, hopefully that will go away quickly. I’ll try to rest more the next couple of days.


I’ll keep you all updated. You have no idea how much I appreciated all of your wonderful comments on my last post.   And guess what? There’s room in our storage facility for my Hoosier cabinet! I don’t have to get rid of it after all. Yippee! Take care and I’ll check in again as soon as I can. 

Our “new” old home.



Blessings, Betsy

25 comments:

  1. You must be working on adrenaline these days! Take care and don't overdo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a whirlwind but it is probably good you don't have time to think it too deeply.
    Just keep doing what you need to do. Now is a good time to rest-your body is telling you something! Listen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Make sure you take care of that leg! Sending lots of good vibes for an easy, speedy sale!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes things work out just as they should. Glad you are getting to keep the Hoosier. It is very handsome.

    Good luck with the offers. You are on your way to a new adventure. I hope you'll be bringing us along! I'm so excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that's he this is very exciting.I am so glad you get to keep that coolHoodier cabinet !I love it and there didn't seem to be even a knick on it

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!! on the market fast! I am glad you have someone to help you. Rest your leg and make sure it is ok! Hoosier cabinet is a good thing to keep. Our house is finally painted. So pretty! I will post photos when I get my phone back. I left it at work, accidentally tonight! Sigh! Is your trailer bigger than one you had prior? Take care my friend and praying all goes well! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm super impressed with how quick you were able to empty your house! That is so good that you were able to find room for your Hoosier. Someday when you find your next home it will bring you joy. Now that most of it is done, you need to put your feet up and rest your body and soul. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Take care of yourself and let your body heal. How wonderful that your friends were there to help in this wonderful adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  9. PRAYING for you in all these things.
    Maybe get leg checked out, I think if not ok tomorrow.
    Your conditions you dont want complications.
    I prayed you would be able to keep your Hoosier God is sooo good.
    Would also appreciate prayer.
    I've a heart condition to add to my long list now. Named after Japanese word.. you'd love that.. discovered in 1990 by 2 Japanese Drs. Takotsubo Cardiomyopathy.
    Not heart attack but heart faulue due sudden damage to heart muscle.
    Actually preferable to heart attack as damage IS reversible!
    It causes however Tachycardia so will need to watch it. Happens as we get older
    Been out of hosp two days. Appreciate prayer wisdom in all things.
    Praying thus for you also dear dear Betsy.
    Love you dearly in Lord and rejoicing at what He has and will do in all this for you.
    Prayer hugs, Shaz in Oz. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an adventure!!! I envy you. I would love to pack it up and call it a day here. There is just too much upkeep for us two oldies anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, WOW! I am just so thrilled to hear about your progress! 17 loads to the Goodwill!!! YES!! I can so relate to that, and oh, the freedom that comes from such! It is a glorious thing to follow Jesus and let go of all encumbrances. His way is absolutely the path to peace and liberty. SO proud of you, Betsy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Betsy please take it easy and don't overdo things. I'm excited that your house is on the market. I hope it sells quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good luck with everything Betsy, time for you to sit down and relax. Super happy you can keep your cabinet. Rest my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow-so speedy! Glad to hear the Hoosier doesn't have to go. Praying that your leg heals quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW---great job... Can't believe this is all happening so quickly... Your 'adrenaline' has kicked in to give you more energy... Just be careful with the ankle/leg....

    Your 'new' old home looks so inviting... It's really a fairly large RV, isn't it? You two will be fine.

    Keep us posted.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well, I just had to go see the previous post to figure out what is going on. Wow! Definitely a big change but sounds like you have a plan and are jumping right into making it happen. Take care of that leg. Maybe massage it with some oil. Hope it is feeling better today. Wish you all the best with everything.

    ReplyDelete
  17. As things progress, you will discover that this decision was the correct one. I remember clearing the things out of my house when I moved. Everything fell into place like it was planned. You’re on a new path, enjoy the journey.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Praying for that leg, hoping it feels better today! I can imagine you feel like you are in a whirlwind! Praying for you both, as it must all seem to be happening so fast, and yet it does feel so right. With much love to you dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm sorry to hear about your leg. Hopefully it is something that will work it's self out. Don't over do it sweet lady.
    God bless,
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yay for you and Dennis!! I'm so excited for you! Thia is going to be an amazing and wonderful adventure for you guys. (Jerry and I wanted to do that when we first got married, but of course, medical issues got in the way, etc etc etc.) We'll be praying for your leg and for an easy tramnsition for you as you begin life in your "new" home! Blessings to you, my dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh MY Stars! you guys hit the road running!... now take care of your leg and enjoy your relaxing time.. Oh the road to adventure is just beginning...
    Grace
    <><

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh, and I forgot to mention,,, so very glad you were able to keep the Hosier.. whew!

    ReplyDelete
  23. WOW❣️❣️❣️ I hope and I pray you are able to rest and that your leg will heal rapidly, dear Betsy ❤️šŸ’™šŸ’œ❤️šŸ’™šŸ’™šŸ™šŸ’

    ReplyDelete
  24. Yeah for keeping your cabinet and other special things! I hope you get a bidding war going over your home and get top dollar! IT will all come together! :) Happy 4th of JUly!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Goodness that is an impressive trailer!! I would love to see inside. keep well Amandax

    ReplyDelete