Sunday, September 1, 2019

41 Years


41 years ago today we said “I do.”  It was the best decision I have ever made in my life and I have not regretted it for one moment. I have the most wonderful man in the world and I will proudly tell anyone who will listen. 

 Look how tall I was in this photo. My shoes had small heels on them but that veil made me look like a giant!  We’re actually the same exact height as each other.  This was my mother’s wedding dress that she wore in 1944 when she married my dad. Then I wore it in 1978.  They were also the pearls that she wore when they married.

My only question is where have the years gone?  We have aged a bit, but the love is stronger than ever.

“Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.” 
1 Corinthians 13:4-8

Blessings always,
Betsy

22 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary, Betsy and Dennis. Wishing you at LEAST another 41 years together!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversary. We are coming up to 50 years of marriage in a couple of months and I also wonder where time has gone. It was all so quick. Like you, the best decision I have ever made. Enjoy your week. Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy anniversary and many more! Our anniversary was in July... 46 years for us! Seems like yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. *H*A*P*P*Y* * *A*N*N*I*V*E*R*S*A*R*Y*!*!* to you both! You're a wonderful couple and your love of each other radiates from you when we're with you both. It's so nice to see people who love and appreciate each other. We have that too. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you had a wonderful anniversary celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary! What an adorable couple you are! Both then and now😊

    ReplyDelete
  7. You two are so adorable! Happy Anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Precious!!! I hope you have a wonderful anniversary weekend. God lead you to each other!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy belated anniversary. It looks like you hit the jackpot! I love that dress. I'm a big fan of old movies and that dress has star quality! Araignee

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy anniversary, friend. You two make such a lovely couple.
    HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Anniversary!! Hope you had a great day! I enjoyed seeing your wedding photo!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on 41 years of marriage! I so enjoy your blog, thank you for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy 41st anniversary! So neat that you wore your mom's wedding dress and pearls. Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looking good 41 years later. Happy anniversary! So amazing that you were able to wear your mother's dress and pearls.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Anniversary Betsy & Dennis!!

    So cool that you wore your Mom's wedding dress (and pearls!!).

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aw, how sweet! Happy 41st Anniversary! May God give you at least 41 more years together!!! And may they become sweeter and sweeter each year. Much love to you both today!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Precious sis.. happy 41st
    Blessings for many more in God's great mercy together for you and your VERY hubby.
    Sending prayer hugs.. Praying for family, health pain and mice! Hugs Shaz.x

    ReplyDelete
  18. God bless you and Dennis in the years ahead! Looking good and love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just found and am enjoying your blog. About the mice problem: I knew a lady once who had lived in some pretty, well, less than nice houses. She solved the massive mice/rat problems by stuffing any cracks she could find, like those around pipes, with steel wool. Your trailer looks nice. About that washer and dryer. If you don’t see your self using them for awhile they should make a dandy place to store towels and linens.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy Anniversary, dear Betsy and Dennis! May the Lord bless you with many more years together. XX

    ReplyDelete