Thursday, September 5, 2019

It’s Lake Time

Yes, my friends, you read that right. They delivered our trailer back to us on Labor Day. That was a surprise. We certainly did not expect to get it back on a holiday, but it was very nice that Dennis didn’t have to take a day off of work to get it situated back in our spot. The man who delivered it was very good. He has it in exactly the same spot it was in before. All of the sewer pipes lined up perfectly, which was a huge relief for Dennis. They did not find any mice in the trailer but they did find several nests. They got rid of all of those and they sealed up the holes from the manufacturer. Or so they say. We’ll see what the future brings. Meanwhile, I have not gone home since Monday and I don’t plan to leave until Sunday! Since we only have one more week to be here this season, I’m trying to wring every bit of fun I can out of this trailer this week. I took a few photos of the trailer this morning along with some pictures on my walk early today.  I hope I haven’t already shown you these things. If so, feel free to skip on down to the knitting.

This picture was looking down through about 5 to 6 feet of water. Look how clear it is.  This lake is so pretty.

My view as I stood on one of the boat launch docks.

By the store is this cute little pond with a fisherman and waterfall.

Carvings in the trees.



Nine more pair of mittens are done!
 

Here are a few photos of the trailer that I took this morning.
I love this kitchen. It has a microwave/convection oven and a regular oven along with a four-door refrigerator. My favorite is the pantry on the left side of the stove. It has a light that comes on automatically when you open the door!
I like having a separate space for the coffee pot and Chloe’s treats. Dennis put the paper towel holder up for me last night.

There’s even a little bit of counter space in the bathroom! Our last trailer barely had place to put the bottle of soap.

The shower is a really nice size too.  I have discovered command hooks that can be put in the shower. It makes it nice and handy to be able to dry the towels that way.

In the bedroom is this built-in dresser and up above it are cabinets and a television set. The sun is so bright today you can’t see the upper cabinets very well. Would you believe we get over 20 channels over the air on both TVs?

There is this closet and drawers that have absolutely nothing in them! I definitely could live in this trailer since I don’t have enough clothes to fill it up even if we were living here. Although, I guess this could be my yarn storage!
There is a washer....

And a dryer in the huge closet in the front of the trailer along with a hanging rod and a whole bunch of shelves in the back.

OK. I think we’re all caught up! It makes me sad that I won’t be able to use it much this season, but I’m already looking forward to next spring. Dennis told his secretary at work yesterday that he doesn’t think I’ll be at home at all next summer. He told her we’ll be living at the lake! You know, he’s probably right!

Wishing you all a wonderful Thursday and any of you in the path of Dorian are in my prayers.

“Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; His love endures forever.” 1 Chronicles 16:34

Blessings,
Betsy

15 comments:

  1. Yahooooo!! I'm so glad they brought your beautiful new trailer back to you quickly. I really love it, it's so roomy and gorgeous. And I can definitely see you staying the almost all next summer! Bravo on getting so many mittens done.. you are amazing. I hope your flight to visit the kids goes smoothly and safely. I know you'll have a wonderful time with your darling little Piper. It will be fun to see the photos. I miss seeing your other grandchildren grow. :-( Have a super duper week, my friend.
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you get to have some time in the new lake home! The pic of the clear water is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful to get the trailer back so quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy you got your home-away-from home back HOME! Enjoy the lake this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah...your trailer has returned and glad its all closed underneath! A pantry is a good thing to have. Wish I had one in our house. Nice mittens you've knitted. My cookies didn't win but its ok. Never know! Many entries. Warm evening and beautiful sunset going on including purple in the sky which was almost scary. Thunder clouds in the area! ☁ will see what happens tonight! Enjoy your time in your new trailer!!💜

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wonderful for you!!! It's really a lovely trailer. I sure could live there. And that lake...wow! How beautiful! Araignee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, praise the Lord! You didn't think you would have it back in time, and then He went and surprised you so pleasantly! He is such a great God who absolutely cares about what we want and what touches our lives. So thankful you are there enjoying your BEAUTIFUL new camper! It is just so perfect for you, and you have it fixed up so cozy already! I feel sure the despicable former tenants are all eradicated, and it sounds like they will never have the luxury of taking up residence there again! Thank the Lord for all of His blessings upon you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Living at the Lake" has such a wonderful sound to it! So glad you have your trailer back and that the nests have been removed. Your lake does look amazing - so clear! And I don't remember seeing the carvings previously - they are fun! Have a wonderful weekend Betsy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous camper! Love the carvings too! Glad you feel well enough to be at the Lake!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah for getting it back minus mice nests!! I hope you are enjoying it as it looks like a beautiful and spacious trailer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The carvings in the trees are really lovely. Nice work on the mittens. Glad you are enjoying your trailer and nice weather at the lake. Lots of people are taking up trailer/van life, tiny living, in order to avoid exorbitant housing prices and debt. Looks like you have all the comforts of home in your trailer. Hope there will be no return of uninvited guests. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The new trailer is amazing Betsy, I know you are going to love every inch of it. Enjoy your remaining time at the lake.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful spot and beautiful trailer. I wish we would have had a washing machine in our fifth wheel when we had it Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like you have a really nice place to spend time! What lake are you on? Did you get the same lightning storm we had on Saturday night. That was the most lightning I've ever seen in all the time we've lived in WA. Enjoy every bit of the sunshine; it's sure acting like fall on this side of the mts. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for posting, Betsy. I enjoyed seeing your lake views and am glad you were able to enjoy the wonderful new trailer! I was at my sister Margaret’s house in Burbank, CA helping her celebrate her 76th birthday :-) xx

    ReplyDelete