Sunday, September 29, 2019

Heading Home!

It’s been a busy couple of weeks and we’re on our way home.  We had to leave a day early because of blizzard conditions in Montana and we’re taking a more southerly route home which adds a day onto the drive.  And guess what.  It’s snowing as I write this as we drive through northern Utah but hopefully not as bad as Montana and Idaho.  We’ve been told it’s snowing at home too.  Uh-oh.  Our sprinklers are still going off.  Hopefully they haven’t frozen.

Heading up Rattlesnake Pass about 10 minutes ago.
Snowville, Utah this morning.

The southern Idaho border a few minutes ago.

I’ll catch you up with just some of what we’ve been up to.  Mostly playing with this little girl.  This is Dennis’s Mom too.  Can you tell Piper is Papa’s girl?

Papa bought her this dress for her birthday.  Mandy sent us this picture this morning after getting ready for church.  The streamers are from her party yesterday that we missed because of having to leave early.

I spent a day with my sister Melanie last Monday and we went to Lauritzen Gardens.  She has a memorial stone there for Mike along with his sister and Mom. I’ll post more garden pictures soon.

We visited my parents and Dennis’s Dad’s gravesites.

Dad

My parents graves.  Their sites are very close to each other.  Most of our family on both sides are buried at Forest Lawn.  In fact, Dennis and I have had our headstone placed there for almost 40 years now.  Pre-planning makes it so much easier on family.

We had dinner with my brothers, Roger, Lynn and Melanie along with their spouses and a lot of the nieces and nephews.  This is an awful picture of me but it is what it is! :-). Can you tell I’m the baby of the family?  Roger is 14 years older than me, then Lynn, then Melanie.
I’ve been trying to keep up with all of you and your blogs.  We should be home tomorrow sometime and a more normal schedule will begin.  My best friend had hip replacement surgery on Friday and is home now.  Please keep her in prayer for a quick recovery.  She worries about missing work.  They are talking about doing the other hip next year.  She’s only 61 and frustrated with the whole thing.

Have a wonderful day my friends.  I’ll be back soon with more trip photos.

Here is a verse appropriate for our drive today.

“He spreads the snow like wool and scatters the frost like ashes.” Psalms 147:16

Blessings,
Betsy

19 comments:

  1. SNOW????? No way. We are literally cooking here. I live on the wrong side of the country...lol. It's always good to see Piper. She is growing up to be quite the young lady.
    Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you had a nice time! Snow already sounds unusual. We are enjoying (?) 86 degrees today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I came home a day early, too. I doubt the snow will reach this far south, but I didn't want to chance it. Safe travel the rest of the way home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing you a safe journey home with all that bad weather Betsy. My older brother was 17 years older than me, he died just shy of 45. Now my oldest son is 17 years older than Little Buddy, crazy isn't it? Piper looks so grown up in that beautiful dress. Can't wait to hear all about your trip. Be safe. It was 93 here today, yuck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could not believe it when we heard yesterday that it was snowing in Spokane. Then today our nephew stopped in to visit on his way from Puyallup to Spokane and said that it was snowing just west of Vantage. Looks like we are in for an early winter. My brother is visiting next weekend and we still have our 5th wheel hooked up for their visit. It worries me, but Steve says it will be okay . . . as soon as they leave I'm going to start seeing if I can figure out how to blow the lines out and winterize it. There is so much for me to learn about doing all the winterizing on our property. I feel like I'm running one step forward and two steps backward all the time. Sorry, that sounds like complaining . . . it's just a fast paced learning cure and I'm a senior with forgetful moments. The Lord will not give me more than I can handle.
    I hope that when you read this, you will be home safe and snug in your favorite chair enjoying being home. Home is always the sweetest place to be :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you have a safe journey home and that your sprinklers didn't freeze! We are having unusually warm weather in the northeast.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow.. I'm sorry winter came early and you had to miss Piper's birthday.. what a shame, my friend. I also am wishing safety for you both as you slog through that terrible weather. I hope you get home safe and sound and soon. We had to fire up our pellet stove today as it's so cold in the house. We went from Summer to Winter with hardly an Autumn. OK.. hurry home.. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. A shame you had to leave early but it looks like you had a good visit. Can't believe that some places already had so much snow. Hope your last leg of the trip goes smoothly. My husband's aunt in Jerusalem fell a couple of months ago and broke her hip. She had surgery, was in a rehabilitation center for a long while and just recently went home. She's 88 and blind so you can imagine how difficult it is for her. We are hoping to visit her next month. Can't believe it's the last day of September. Prayers that your friend has a quick recovery. Tell her to take it easy. My mom had a partial hip replacement last year and wanted to go home quickly but she realizes now that spending a month in rehabilitation was worth it. Healing takes time. Hugs and blessings, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh dear Betsy been wondering each night when pray how your back is but no mention must mean better than thought, esp as snow brought you home early not the back.
    Praying for safety. Wonder if some one could switch your sprinklers off for you.
    Praying. Thanks for being a blessing, and may God bless you too.
    Hugs, Shaz in Oz.x

    {Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
    {Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know that area well having traveled through there a lot. Beautiful on the mountains, but not so fun for travel. Hopefully this winter weather will be short lived and we'll see the return of nicer conditions soon.
    Adorable pictures of Piper! Sure love her smile :)
    Blessings,
    Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm sure you are probably safely home by now, but if not ...........safe travels my friend and a belated happy birthday to Piper.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So enjoyed your family photos, Betsy, and I'm praying you're having a wonderfully safe trip home! (Though oh my, it's way too early for snow. Yikes!) :) Blessings, Debra

    ReplyDelete
  13. yes I heard that Spokane was getting snow...hope you are home safely now:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great to see you andhearfrom you. You look lovely. I think! I knew you were with your PIPER girl and nothing could be better! Catch up as you can! We always want to see more pictures. Snow....well... not yet please!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like you had a wonderful trip--what a snowy ending!!! Crazy to think of now.
    Piper is a beautiful little girl! Will remember your friend--she is very young!
    Unwind safely at home for a few days!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stay warm! No snow here but it's been unusually chilly for this time of year, and the mountains have had snow, that's for sure. Sorry you missed Piper's birthday and hope you made it home without too much snow en route.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aw, that is so sad that you had to leave before little Miss Piper's birthday party! It must have broken her little heart...and her grandma's heart, too! My, the weather is SO weird lately. It is still so hot in so many places, where it seems fall is coming so late. Then you all are going through what you are with your weather. I am so thankful you had a wonderful time with your family and I hope all was well when you arrived home.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I was so busy Sat-Sun I did not read any blogs, but am glad to read your post now and see some of what you saw and experienced on your trip. I am glad you got to prepare for Piper's party as a part of the celebration and I am so glad for the good memories and safe travel you experienced!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Catching up with you and your travels! Love the pictures of you and your family and what a cute little dress Dennis got for Piper. I love the scenery and so sorry you missed the party but better to get home safe.

    ReplyDelete