Tuesday, September 17, 2019

And we’re off!

We are leaving in just a couple of hours. I’m picking Dennis up when he gets off work and we’re going to try to get a few hundred miles under our belts, um tires, tonight.  My back spasms are back full force, but the neurologist called in two new prescriptions this morning.  He’s hoping to at least get me through this trip before I can try another injection when I get home. So far none of the prescriptions they’ve given me in the past have  worked, but I’m really hoping these do. I want to be able to play with Piper, and Mandy has a signed the two of us up for a conference at her church next Friday that I really, really want to go to. In addition to that, we have a dinner planned with my family and I know there are other things we want to do while we’re there.

I don’t know where we will sleep tonight, but we have reservations in Casper, Wyoming tomorrow and in Kearney, Nebraska for Thursday night. Our house/pet sitter will be here before I leave this afternoon. She is wonderful and Chloe absolutely loves her daughter. She takes her for long walks and plays with her a lot. There are no worries at leaving the house or Chloe.  We do miss her while we’re gone though.

I told you I have been knitting mittens. Here is the proof.  I also made a dish cloth yesterday just to do something different. I didn’t take a picture of it though. It’s my normal circular dish cloth. You’ve seen dozens of them!

Three more pair were finished yesterday. My goodness look at the difference in the lighting. These were taken on the same countertop one day apart.

Mandy and Piper went to the zoo on Saturday. She sent me these two pictures.

Omaha has an amazing zoo. It’s called the Henry Dorley Zoo, and I remember visiting it when I was in first grade with my school class. It is grown from tremendously since then. Dr. Lee Simmons was responsible for much of the growth. It has become a very popular attraction and the animals are very well cared for. When we lived in Omaha I would take our kids and my daycare kids there almost weekly when the weather allowed.

This little girl owns a lot of real estate in my heart! I can’t wait to see her in a couple of days and wrap my arms around her. I’m going to paint her nails and we’re going to read books. I’m sure Papa will be dancing with her and we’re going to have a wonderful time. :-)

My friends, for those of you who pray I would appreciate prayers that my back would behave itself while we’re gone. I so want to be able to do things with our family. I have to admit, it has brought me to tears several times in the past few days when I realized how bad it was getting again just before we left.  Last year I had absolutely no problem riding in the car and I hope that continues for this trip.

I will be trying to check in with blogs as much as possible while we’re gone. If I miss a day here or there, you’ll know I’m busy playing with my sweet little Piper.

“Neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”  Romans 8:39

Blessings,
Betsy

13 comments:

  1. Safe travels, and prayers for a pain-free trip. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Betsy, Prayers for relief for you from that back pain....I sure hope you have a wonderful time with your family I know you have been looking forward to the trip.
    We loved the Zoo too when our daughter lived in Elkhorn...actually we liked Omaha especially in the winter as it wasn't as cold or gloomy as we get here. Travel safely:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your trip is safe and smooth and the hotels are comfy for you. I hope you were able to get the new meds before you left! I also hope your back calms down for you, you're in my thoughts. It's pouring rain here, I hope you're having dry weather for your trip. Please let us know you've arrived safely! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending good wishes for your back and for safe travels.

    Your little one is SO sweet. I just KNOW you'll have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy your trip and praying your back won't be hurting much. Nice project finish. Good night my friend! Enjoy your time with Dennis on the road. Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a wonderful break away and enjoy every precious moment with your loved ones. You are in our prayers for a pain free trip and safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Safe and pain-free travels! Thinking of you and sending healing wishes for a fabulous time! Enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I do hope you are having a wonderful trip and NO back problems at all! I am praying for you, dear friend, and trusting all will be well. Just think, you will soon be with that sweet, little girl, and all of you will have so much fun! May the Lord bless you and keep you in His tender care.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Betsy, Oh, I do hope your meds work and that you can enjoy your trip and family. Your mittens are so pretty all lined up in the picture. Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I really hope and pray the medicine keeps your back pain away so you can enjoy the trip. That Piper is a beautiful girl. She is adorable. and those mittens! How I wish I could make mittens...I would settle for knowing how to make dish cloths. Best wishes!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have a wonderful time--I will pray for your relief and for strength to enjoy family!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Praying dear sweet Betsy that the pain relief will indeed be just that, a relief of pain so that in God’s great mercy you can go to the conference with Mandy and do other things too, you don’t say so in latest post but hoping that no mention means it’s improving. Praying for mercies abounding, love your mittens and pray you’ve enough when it’s time to take them to the school.
    God bless dear Betsy in all things .
    Thanks for being a blessing, and may God bless you too.
    Hugs, Shaz in Oz.x

    {Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
    {Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

    ReplyDelete