Monday, April 24, 2023

This and That

Hello my friends. Another busy week has passed by. We had a beautiful spring-like day today and the weather is supposed to stay good until Thursday, so tomorrow Dennis is getting off work at noon and picking the camper up from storage. I'll have things packed to load in it and we're heading to the state park for a couple of nights.  I won't have my laptop, so I won't be able to comment on your blogs for a couple of days, but I'll be reading them on my phone. We are both so excited to go camping.  We know that even with all of our experience camping over the years, we'll still forget half of what we need. That's what this trip is for, to remind us of what we need for future trips this summer.

On a totally different subject, I have truly become addicted to diamond painting. The picture below is the kit I got for the spring and summer. It was so fun to work on. It's 11 x 17 inches. As I said before, I plan to use the same frame for all of the seasons and just switch them out. I also have an autumn and Christmas kits. I may start on one of those when we get home from camping. They are so fun, but I don't recommend you get one unless you really want to go down a BIG rabbit hole. So much fun!

Miss Piper loves sea turtles. In fact, she has an adopted one that she can track through a bracelet she wears. She also loves to watch them when we go to the zoo, so when I saw this pattern last week, I had to make it for her. She really likes it. Mandy had made her a few others and this one was added to the family.

My best friend Jenny in Spokane is expecting her first great-grandchild! I can't believe it. They just found out that it's a boy and she asked for a blanket for him. She chose the pattern and yarn color. The pattern called for just three rows of ducks and I crocheted four. I love it. At times it ws frustrating because I haven't done much filet crochet lately, but I enjoyed it anyway. I used Bernat Baby Yarn and the pattern was from Mary Maxim. I look forward to making one of these with yellow yarn to donate. Wouldn't yellow duckies be cute?

My peace lilly is blooming like crazy. I've never had more than two flowers on it at a time in the past, but this time it has eight so far! It must really like this window.



Look at this sweet photo that was found this week.  My three babies. Mandy was nine, Jamie was five and Alex was just a few weeks old. I love this photo and these three people. Such cute kids. Oh, how I miss these days. Life seemed much simpler then.

Take care everyone. We're heading out to the park tomorrow and to enjoy a few days in our camper. Someday maybe it will be for months at a time. A girl can dream.

Blessings and hugs,
Betsy

15 comments:

  1. Love the sweet photo of your "babies" at the end. Precious memories indeed. Sometimes it seems like it was a whole different lifetime ago when our babies were little ones. It's hard to remember all the details, but I know I loved and enjoyed having each of our sweet babies. I am hoping that my one grandson and his fiancee' will get married SOON, and start their family and stay in this area so I can enjoy having a great-grandbaby around! But one day at a time. They have some important hoops to jump through first. I hope you have a peaceful and restful time in your camper. Sounds like a lovely thing to do. I know I would enjoy it, but I don't see us taking that plunge at this stage in life. Still, a girl can dream. Have a blessed and wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We only got to go camping 1 time last year. We are really looking forward to it this year. I love that baby blanket you made. I have a ton of yarn to use up, and hope to get some made for gifting this year. We've just been so busy with home renovations. Have a fun time camping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Piper sure looks like Mandy, doesn't she?!

    Enjoy your camping trip. Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe you finished your latest dot painting already! I've got about 2 square inches of The Mister's done. He still hasn't shown any interest. I guess I might have to finish it. That filet crochet is just darling. What a lovely gift.
    I love that photo. I have boxes and boxes of old photos that I go through from time to time. I miss my kiddos so much. The adult versions-not so much...lol. They all grew up and flew so far away. Missing out on the grandkids is a killer though. I try to keep busy so I don't think about things like that but it does creep up on you every now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy your first camping trip of the year. The baby blanket is adorable and would be cute in yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That ducky blanket it just too cute! As is Piper's sea turtle!

    I love the idea of a little "test" camping trip to get you reacquainted for the season! Have a wonderful time. I hope you get great weather!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have fun on your camping trip! Cute photo of your children what great blessings they are!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's such a cute sea turtle. 😍 I think a yellow duckie blanket would be very pretty. You are a QUEEN at what you make, girl! πŸ˜† I wish I could make these things like you, but alas, I have to settle for other types of artwork. Your kids look so much like you then AND now. And, yeah, like Dennis. 😁 Jerry and I are borrowing son's vehicle to go to an out-of-town orthopedic doctor tomorrow (same place where we lived in Newton that did all his joint replacements in the past). Too long to explain, but please pray the doctor figures out what's going on. My health kinda took a nosedive recently, then I had something happen to me, so it's been stressful. Also son has appointment tomorrow morning here in town with orthopedic surgeon (he'll use my car) because the knee he had surgery on in Feb. 2022 is MUCH worse, really bad, almost cannot walk on it again. ANd he's going through lists of migraine meds like I did decades ago to find out what will work for him. Ahh, genetics. Anyway, enjoy your little camping trip. πŸ•️ (<-- I know, not an RV lol.) Yack atcha when ya get back. Hugs and blessings to you, my friend! πŸ’•

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Betsy, I love that picture of your kids when they were little...so cute. Love that baby blanket you made and the little turtle for Piper too. Have fun on your camping trip...hope to hear all about it when you return. Take good care you two!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you have a lovely time camping. Lots of sunshine and time to sit and relax. I used to have a master list that I could check and see that I hadn't forgotten anything when we went RVing.
    The duckie baby blanket is cute and would be even cuter in yellow ( IMHO).
    The picture of your three children is such a treasure.
    Your Peace Lily obviously loves the spot you've got it in.
    Take care. Be safe. Granny M

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a beautiful baby blanket--great job on the filet crochet! The Diamond Dotz is a beauty--isn't it so much fun! I see lots more in my future!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I forgot to say--have a wonderful time camping!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Enjoy your camping trip! I am just stunned at how old my children are. They have not only caught up with me in age, but passed me! And my grandchildren growing up way to fast, too. That blanket is just the cutest! Love the duckies!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice sea turtle for Piper. Megan bought a crocheted frog 🐸 for her youngest niece, my granddaughter, from a friend/neighbor. It's for her 7th birthday. I liked the blanket you made. I found yarn today for a sweater I'm planning to knit soon. Enjoy your days away from home. It's finally warmer here thankfully. πŸ˜ƒ

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your diamond painting! Have fun camping sweet friend. Blessings always. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete