Wednesday, April 19, 2023

Stormy Weather

If I could remember, all of the words I would sing it! ! Does anybody else remember that old song? We had lots of storms last night. Thunder and lightning and rain. More storms are on the way tonight. The rain is very needed but our Zoey is terrified of the thunder and lightning. She goes under our bed when she’s afraid of anything, and she spent hours there last night.

In other news. The most wonderful news! Miss Piper was baptized Sunday morning! Her Mama and Sunday school teacher were privileged to be the ones baptizing her. She was so excited. Welcome to the Lord’s, family Piper Alice. This is a decision you’ll never regret and the most important one of your life. πŸ‘πŸ’œπŸ‘

After church, we took a few photos of the family, then we went over to Mandy and Brad‘s house for a wonderful lunch.

Miss Piper took photos of us and Brad‘s parents. I think she does a great job. She even provides props for us to hold. πŸ˜‚

Here are Dennis and Marilyn, Brad‘s parents. We get along with them so well, and I always enjoy the times we have together.

I finished the baby blanket that I showed you in the last post. I have found a pregnancy center in Fremont that may be willing to take the blankets I make. Fremont is where Dennis and Marilyn live and only about a 20 minute drive from us. The hospital says they don’t need any more baby blankets, so I need to find somewhere else to take them. With the high cost of postage I really don’t want to mail them anywhere. I can’t find a chapter of Project Linus or Warm up America close by, so I thought this would be a good option.

I think I have a new addiction. I started my second diamond painting. This is the one I’ll put in the hallway in the summertime. Once I start working on it, it’s very difficult to put down. When I made the first one, the truck and flag, the first few inches I wasn’t impressed. But then, as it progressed, I really enjoyed putting those beads on. There are ladies here that make dozens every year. But what would you do with them all? It’s so expensive to frame them. I’ll just use the same frame that I hang outside the door, and then change the picture out inside the frame with the seasons.

Speaking of frames. Dennis and I brought five big boxes of photos and framed photos to the apartment from our storage unit. I spent a day going through them and taking all of the pictures out of the frames. He took two big boxes of frames to the thrift store for donation and I ended up with a big tote full of photos. I don’t think will ever live in a place big enough to hang all of those pictures up again and we are really trying to whittle down what we have in storage. Progress is being made, but it’s very slow.

Spring is definitely here in Nebraska. The robins are here and I hear birds singing throughout the day. The terrible heat and humidity haven’t arrived yet so we’re able to have our balcony door open. We put Zoey‘s bed on the balcony and she goes outside and lays for hours, surveying her domain. She’s very good and rarely barks at anyone.

I hope you all have a wonderful week and I’ll be back again soon.

Blessings,
Betsy




18 comments:

  1. It sounds like you are really loving where you live.

    Would you have a homeless shelter that could use the blankets that you make? Or if you have a Memory Care Daycare Center near by, they may like them too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a blessed day for Piper! I remember visiting Fremont several years ago with my sister. We found a delightful quilt shop and spent a couple of hours shopping for fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to Piper! She's a very good photographer too!
    The blanket is lovely!
    I kind of feel the same way about my cross-stitch as you do with the diamond dots... what do you do with all the things you make! At least I can sew the cross-stitch into pillows and bags and stuff... but even then...

    ReplyDelete
  4. How precious to take part in the baptism celebration of a grandchild! Your Dotz painting is beautiful--I am also enjoying it so much! I am purchasing the canvas to staple mine around--I will be posting soon to show you what I mean! the blanket is beautiful--I'm glad you found a crisis pregnancy center to give the blankets to!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just did the same thing with all of those old framed photos I inherited from the parents and grandparents. I took the photos all out and put them in one place and pitched the frames. None were good enough to save or send off to the charity shops.
    I haven't thought far enough ahead to think of what I am going to do with The Mister's Dot projects. So far he's shown no interest even though I started it for him. I just may have to finish it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how awesome for Miss P. ((hugs)). Oh I love your new hobby. Your work looks so pretty. Love all the other things you have made, too. Sorry to have been mia for a while , been a little ill. I wish you a day full of many blessings dear sweet friend. ((hugs)).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Piper! Those photos are a challenge. I have albums, frames and boxes and boxes of my own. Then I inherited all my mothers. We used to photograph every event together, have doubles made and exchange them. That means I probaby have at least 4 shots of the same thing, but they are all in different locations in boxes. It is a mammoth sorting project that is always on my radar. My children want to me to scan them all and throw away the originals. But I dont' see anyone showing up to help with that project either, LOL. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great photos! Me, I'm also scared by storms, thunders and lightnings.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm thankful that Miss Piper was baptized on Sunday. PTL as she continues to grow in her faith in Jesus πŸ™ ❤️ nice photos πŸ“Έ she took. We had a rain shower with bit of sleet early afternoon. It's a bit warmer today and hopefully it continues to stay warmer. We hear alot of birds as well. I've seen a few robins. I'm still thinking what project to knit.
    Check out pirateship.com for shipping options as it's cheaper with USPS and UPS. It works well. Have a blessed week my friend!!!~~Becky

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a blessing to be able to witness your granddaughter's baptism!! What a glorious day!! And how nice to have a family gathering afterwards to celebrate her taking this big step. Oh that baby blanket is so sweet. I do hope it finds its way to a good "home" and a sweet baby! Do you have a "Ronald McDonald" house nearby? Our church sewing/guilting ladies create lap quilts for the Ronald McDonald house and recently took them over 100 lap quilts. They do this a couple of times a year. They are always very appreciative of them. Maybe they don't need so many baby blankets, however, but you never know. Just a thought. I am not familiar with the "diamond painting", but it is so lovely. Certainly worthy of displaying somewhere!! I hope you have a pleasant and blessed rest of your week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad Spring has sprung at your place. That diamond picture you're making will look great outside your door this Summer! How wonderful that Piper was baptized. I always remember a quote I read once, that said "When a person is baptized, angels take up their watch around them!" Congratulations Piper.....you're keeping company with some pretty special beings.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How happy Piper looks. May she grow in grace and in the knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

    What a sweet blanket. I hope it finds its way to someone who needs it.

    We've been having very stormy weather too. I'll be glad to see the sun again.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations Piper! I am certain there must be someplace within the city that would love those baby blankets....there might be a church that would send them on a mission trip too:) I am sure you will find a place for them:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Using one frame and changing the pictures with the seasons is the perfect solution to displaying your pictures.
    How blessed you must have been when Piper was baptized! She seems like an absolute sweetheart. Granny Marigold

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hope your storms are over. Nice picture of Piper with her Dad and Mom! Sounds like you are really enjoying where you live right now Betsy - that is so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Here you go Betsy...."Don't know why....there's no sun up in the sky - Stormy Weather, " I couldn't remember the tune, until I found the lyrics!!! Have a great sunny day!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations Piper!!! What wonderful family photos too! Your blankets are so pretty. I hope you find a place that will appreciate all your hard work! Stay safe from the storms!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations to Miss Piper! I think if the hospital knew how beautiful your blankets are they would take them in a heartbeat! I need to pare down our photos... I should put them in albums. I hope your storms have quieted down, at least for a while. Spring has sprung here too and I'm itching to get out in the garden but it's a bit too early. I think that I may be showing up as anonymous here, as I think you are on my blog. Blogger can be so frustrating. Have a great weekend,
    Debi from Barefoot Mom

    ReplyDelete