Friday, April 7, 2023

Good Friday

Why is Good Friday good?  Because it was the day Jesus paid the price for the sins of the world, creating a way for mankind to be made right with God. 
Thank you, Jesus, for the cross. Thank you for the price you paid. ♥️

"When I survey the wondrous cross
on which the Prince of glory died,
my richest gain I count but loss,
and pour contempt on all my pride.

Forbid it, Lord, that I should boast
save in the death of Christ, my God!
All the vain things that charm me most,
I sacrifice them through his blood.

See, from his head, his hands, his feet,
sorrow and love flow mingled down.
Did e'er such love and sorrow meet,
or thorns compose so rich a crown?

Were the whole realm of nature mine,
that were a present far too small.
Love so amazing, so divine,
demands my soul, my life, my all." 

~'When I Survey The Wondrous Cross,' by Isaac Watts, 1707

(Artist Unknown)

Blessings and love,
Betsy

11 comments:

  1. Today I am reminded of the Hymn "In the cross of Christ I glory towing o'r the wrecks of time." Easter Sunday blessings to you and Dennis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this song-it brings back memories from my earliest childhood of my Dad leading the singing at church.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ask that every Good Friday because I cannot call it good because of his suffering but now I understand why it is called Good Friday. It still breaks my heart to think of how he suffered for us.
    There is a place in the Phillipines (I think) where they do a live re-enactment of the crucifiction down to every detail and people volunteer to participate.....hard to believe. Good to be back reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Easter blessings to you and your family, Betsy. I hope this weekend you are surrounded by love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Easter blessings to you and Dennis. GM

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely post on this Good Friday, my friend. Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank You, Betsy. God bless you and your family on this Holy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice good Friday song 🎵 . I remember it from years ago. We 3 went to a Good Friday service at church a few hours ago. It blessed my heart ❤️ ✝️
    I was busy at work today as one coworker called to not work for some reason. Nice customers and kind coworkers. A blessed Easter weekend 🙏 🌷

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful post. What a marvelous Lord we serve. Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Blessings on you and your family; Jesus paid it all....

    ReplyDelete