Tuesday, October 19, 2021

One More Day

We have one more day of beautiful sunny weather with the temperature hovering around 80°F. Beginning tomorrow we’re told there will be a drastic drop in the temperatures, so I’m enjoying today to the fullest. I have all of the windows and screen doors open and enjoying the breeze as it’s blowing through the house. I have a puppy curled up on my lap taking her nap and all is right with the world.💜

I finally finished up the socks I’ve had on the needles for almost 2 months. It’s a very simple Hermione pattern and it was knit with Knit Picks Stroll Tweed in the Lost Lake Heather colorway. I always enjoy this pattern.

Yesterday I cast on another pair of socks that will be for our grandson Caleb. This is using Patons Kroy socks in the Woodsie colorway. I am a bit disappointed and I probably should have weighed the yard before I began, but I know I don’t have enough to make one sock out of each skein of yarn. This has never been a problem when I’ve used the same yarn in the past. The socks aren’t any bigger than others I have made. They are supposed to be 100 g in each skein but there is no way they have that much yarn.

The leg is only 5 1/4 inches so far and I haven’t even begun the heel. That little ball of yarn on the right is all that’s left of one skein! I found the ball on the left in the bin of sock yarn that Debbie sent me. I don’t have any solid colors to match, which seems rather unbelievable. What do you think? Will it look all right to do the heel and toe out of the yarn on the left? I’m sure that he will use these socks while snowboarding, so they will be inside his ski boots and no one will see them, but I still would like them to look nice.

I have about 18 inches done on  the shawl that I began knitting for the hospital. Underneath the shawl is a puppy that’s taking her nap!

I saw this on Facebook a couple of days ago and couldn’t stop laughing. It is SO TRUE! Don’t you think so?

Here is our little girl. She wants to be right with us every minute of the day. She went to the vet yesterday for her second set of shots. She weighs exactly 5 pounds and is in perfect health according to him. Honestly? We have no idea what we did before she came along. She has us both wrapped around her little paws. Her antics never fail to make us laugh and she and Lizzie are the best of friends. She is still having about one accident a week in the house and we have no idea why. The vet tells me that that is normal and that we can’t  expect more than that. She’s just four months old this week.
She helped me clean the shower this morning. Now that was fun! I had forgotten to shut the bathroom door and she was determined to lick up the cleaner to see what it tasted like! Yuck! Dennis to the rescue. He came and took her into his office with him while I finished that job. Then I moved on to the refrigerator where something was spilled over the weekend. I took the drawers out of the bottom so I could clean underneath and she was right there to help with that too. Then, I moved downstairs to the family room to vacuum and that chased her back into the office because she’s terrified of the vacuum cleaner! Life is certainly interesting with a puppy around.

We walked with Piper home from school on Friday trying to get Zoey used to being around children since it’s just us old people here along with seeing Piper several times a week. I know it’s important for socialization for her to be around other people and animals. My goodness that was the perfect place to go! There must have been 40-50 children petting her, picking her up and walking with us. They have so many people out in their neighborhood all of the time that it’s a good place to go and walk both Zoey and Lizzie. Our neighborhood has mainly older people, who are very rarely outside. I think I’m going to try to do that at least once a week while the weather is nice enough.

I hope all is well with each one of you. God has blessed us with some amazing weather the past couple of weeks and I am enjoying every single minute of it. I know it will end soon but I’m going to enjoy it while I can.

Blessings and love,
Betsy


17 comments:

  1. Loving the socks Betsy I am sure the yarn you have chosen will be perfect for your Grandson. The antics of a puppy, never cease to make me smile. Hope all is well with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My cousin often makes the toes and heels of her socks with yarn that was different from the main sock and they were always so unique. I'm sure yours will be great with the yarn you picked out. Zoey is certainly keeping you busy and entertained... it's great that she's such a good helper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder how far you would get with that skein of sock yarn, Patons always said that one skein per sock will do...but maybe they have changed their tune.
    Your Zoey is so cute! Yes socialization is very important! Take her lots of places! That is a real pretty shawl! I just came in from mulching leaves, I was out for about two hours and it got colder and colder out there. Hope we escape the snow:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great socia1ization with the kids and crowds. It is so important to do this at this young age . Good for you. .
    Betsy, I'm already sad that A11ison is not coming home for Christman . She is going to her boyfriends familiy's home for Christmas. They aren't even engaged. They Iive together. Troy and I have had a rough rough go of it this summer, and I cannot be1ieve she's running from it. It makes us so sad. I think she's just fu11 of fun and festivity and they have a huge housefu11 and our p1ace is very quiet tho festive. I praying Zach can visit in December

    ReplyDelete
  5. All the Kroy yarn I’ve used is 50grams per skein. It has always taken me two skeins to knit socks for my size 10 feet. Zoey is a sweetheart.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your puppy tales! She really has filled your lives with joy! Everything fell into place so quickly for your move and little Zoey is the icing on the cake.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to put Pup in her stroller and roll her around with me to keep her out of mischief. She wants to eat all the cat food or get into something else she shouldn't if I take my eyes off of her for a second. It's like having a toddler around.
    I had the same problem with Woodsie. It was so disappointing. I had to order a third skein which is just crazy for sock yarn. Patons should know better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty finish on the socks--I finished my Hermione socks today, too! Zoey is so sweet and she is filling your hearts with her love!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great socks!
    The Kroy socks are light on yardage for some reason. I have size 7 feet, and I can just get a pair for myself out of two balls - I think I might be able to get a ladies 8 or 9 out of them, but it would be close. If I'm making them for a man, I get a third ball or use a contrast yarn for cuff, heels and toes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You knit such lovely socks. The shawl is pretty and that picture of Zoey having a little nap under it is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Zoe is adorable. (I have a little helper too. Nothing like trying to put a small screw in a tricky place with a cat's head in your way. LOL )

    I've always needed 3 balls of Kroy to make a pair of socks. Each ball may have 50 grams, but it is only 166 yards.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I didn't know that You can knit sucha pretty socks. I always thought they have to be very thick.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your socks look nice. I'm sure Zoey will learn to be good and she looks so cute!! It was cool on Tuesday. Rain and wind for a few days. Slight storm I read about that was coming and hope isn't too bad. 59 degrees Tues. I have 2 more rows to knit on my prayer shawl. Yeah!! Have a blessed week my friend...Becky

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, my goodness! That puppy! I love her little pink bow. It is plain to see that, yes, she definitely has you all wrapped around her little paw! I am so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm not one for socks (I never wear anything but plain white ankle footies of a certain very inexpensive brand), but I'd say those colors will mix just fine... they look nearly the same to me. // We've had a day or two here and there of highs in the 60s the past couple weeks, but for the most part our daily temps are still in the mid- to upper 70s, which I like a lot! It's given us lots of opportunities to get out and walk at the fairgrounds. I do not look forward to being stuck inside during the cold temps of winter. // You'll have to take a video of Zoey and her antics sometime to post so we can see her in action lol. That would be fun to watch! Hugs and blessings, dear Betsy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a sweet little puppy! Nice socks, too. Have you tried the hat pattern yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not yet. I have so many things on the go already for Christmas. Hopefully soon, if I can justify buying another pattern. I have a whole notebook full. :-)
      Blessings,
      Betsy

      Delete