Tuesday, October 5, 2021

Fall Days

The days here just seem to roll one into another. Dennis is still working from home every day and I am entertaining the puppy! We went for our first real walk this morning down the hill and back up. We’ve been walking with the leash in the house and in the backyard to practice. I think she did very well on her walk. Puppies are easily distracted! Leaves, birds, ants. They all catch her attention. And when a car drove by a few feet away on the road she ran and hid behind my legs! She is a busy little girl and much more energetic than her sister Lizzie, but we love her to pieces. 

She absolutely loves Dennis‘s mom. When she realizes we are walking over to Mom’s house she turns into a wiggly bundle of fur that I can barely hold in my arms. She gets on her lap and gives her so many kisses! Mom loves it. She is very much an animal lover. I think if it weren’t for her age she would be getting a puppy too!

This is her favorite spot on these sunny fall days. We put her bed in the only spot of sunshine in front of the front door and she’ll lay there for hours. Of course she has to have a few of her favorite toys with her too.

She still seems so small to us after Chloe.

She and Lizzie both play until they drop. They are great friends, and you can tell by this photo just how much bigger Zoey is than Lizzie. She is a tiny little thing.  They are both sharp as tacks. They learn very, very quickly. When they want to, of course.

My sister Melanie goes to a craft night every month with her in-laws. This is what the ladies made in September. She didn’t have any place to put it and so she gave it to me. So far the puppy has ignored it completely. It is one of those glass blocks that is used in showers.  I think she did a great job with it and I’m really happy she thought of me.

We have been talking ever since we moved into this house about how disappointed we were not to have a fireplace anywhere. Knowing how well the electric fireplace heated the whole camper, we decided to get one for the family/craft room. It seems to put out a lot of heat although we haven’t needed to use it yet. It has nice storage for CDs and DVDs and even can be used as a mantle piece for the stockings at Christmas. I think it will work nicely even if it isn’t a real fire. It will be nice not to have to have stacks of wood and carry it in.

We had the television sitting on the six drawer shelf below. It was turned on its side in the family room. I think it works well this way too. All but one of those drawers are empty. I should be able to fit a lot of yarn in there don’t you think? 😂
I did manage to make one more baby hat for the hospital this week.
Along with making the cross-stitch portion of the ornaments for Kyleigh and Caleb.
Some of their neighbors came over after Piper went to bed the night before her birthday and asked Mandy if it would be OK to put this up in the front yard for her so she could be surprised in the morning. They have some amazing neighbors. They all know that Brad works out of town and they go the extra mile trying to do small things for Mandy and Piper. Piper was so surprised and happy as you can see by the smile on her face. She loves her puppy. Lizzie was her birthday present, a few weeks early and she’s thrilled with her. Papa and I bought Lizzie some clothes for this winter and gave Piper a gift card so she could go shopping. How we love this little girl. We are so happy to be close to her now.
I have to cut some boxes up today to put in the recycling bin. It’s amazing how quickly they accumulate. We are still waiting to hear when the contractor can start working on the bathrooms. We are really hoping it will be done before Thanksgiving so we’ll have another shower for Alex and Tara to use and the rusty sinks will be gone! 

I hope that you are all having a wonderful October day and are staying well.
Blessings and much love,
Betsy 







18 comments:

  1. I remember when Pup was so little she could curl up in a bed like that and snooze the day away. Now she fights me for the couch. One of us needs to lose some weight because we don't fit side by side anymore...lol.
    Your ornaments are darling. I have a book of stitched ornament patterns but never got around to making any. I always say next year....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are getting settled in very well. Yes....you must fill those bins with yarn! Lol

    Happy b-day to Piper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute ornaments, cute puppies. So much to love about this post. Piper is growing up quickly!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww so sweet laying by the door soaking up those warm sun rays. Too, cute. Love all your projects, and the cross stitch ornaments are amazing. Miss Piper is getting so tall and she has that same sweet little smile. They do have awesome friends and neighbors. Sending hugs your way sweet friend and wishing you many blessings, too. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  5. What thoughtful neighbours to put up the Happy Birthday sign. Today is my oldest GD Kate's birthday. She's now 33. I can hardly believe it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday to Piper! So wonderful that she has a puppy! Lizzie must have been the runt of the litter! Sometimes the runts are pretty special :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The pups are so cute! Learning fast - when they want to! That's so true!

    Mom and Dad have a very similar fireplace. They are so nice. I kind of wish this place had one, but I' partial to a real wood fire, so i think I'm just going to build a fire pit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that picture of Zoey asleep in the sunshine. She is adorable. Don't you wonder sometimes, what you did with all your time before Zoey came along? Same here. It's a full time job...except my new puppy weighs about 85 pounds. :) You get so much done! The cross stitch pieces are so pretty. Happy Birthday to Piper. Oh, her school picture is just beautiful. She is such a beautiful girl. Glad you got the electric fireplace. It will be cozy and warm and so much fun to sit by this winter. Take care...hug Piper for me, and those sweet little puppies too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday to Piper! The photo of Zoey snoozing in the sun is precious.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The bins you have look nice! I may need to get some to get my area in house taken care of. Sigh!Always something to do at home. I was gone most of the day today after Bible study. I went down to see my brother and take him out to lunch. We had to eat in my car as it was take out only or drive thru at Panera! Sigh again!! His birthday is this Sat. We did a bit of shopping at Walmart and then went over to get the tp that my younger sister ordered for him...pick-up area. Rained most of the day. He can't drive any more due to his vision. I enjoy reading your posts and your comments, my friend! Enjoy your 4 legged children!! :-> Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Zoey is so cute! My dogs and cats loved to sit in the sun by the storm door as it is like yours with glass to the floor. Happy Birthday to Piper! I need to get the chimney sweep over to clean my fireplace. I'm so happy that you and Dennis are near your families. What great holidays ahead for you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those pups look so content and so they should be in such loving homes. I am amazed at how kind Piper's neighbours are because that birthday sign is really a gorgeous gesture. The electric fireplace fits in so well with the rest of your furnishing. I haven't seen one like this before I do like it has little cupboards on either side...extra storage space is always good :-) Love all those makes and the cross stitches are so pretty. Keep well Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  13. How sweet to see Zoey sleeping in the sunshine! I'm so glad you are bonding with her and she with the whole gang! Lovely work going on in your home-here's hoping you have the new bathrooms by Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, those puppies! They are just adorable, and it is so sweet to see them growing up together! You must have hours on end of fun with them! I am so happy to know you are near your dear little Piper, too. God bless all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a sweet post. Piper looks so pretty standing there with her birthday letters, what a cute idea.
    Puppies. . . They have a way of warming our hearts and becoming family.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh how I understand how much work it is with puppies! I have two new little kitties, and while they came to me litterbox trained, they are still such a handful, into everything, and you have to be so careful with them. They climb everywhere, curtains, walls, etc! Toilet paper has been strung through the house several times... just so much fun though because they are so precious and cute. And when they sleep, oh the joy, so special! I enjoyed your post, and so thankful that you are close to Piper and your family. What a special gifting from your sister. And how nice to have the electric fireplace, that will be nice during the cold winter day! Glad that you are settling into life in your new home. With love and hugs dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a beautiful picture of Piper with the birthday greeting, such wonderful neighbours.

    ReplyDelete