Monday, October 5, 2020

Fall camping

We went camping this weekend to a little campground near Newport, Washington. It was the last weekend for the campground to be open for the season and we had a wonderful time. We have had a string of days in the 70s with nights getting into the 40s but bright blue sunshine every day. That’s all supposed to end by the end of this week but I’m enjoying every day that I have it. When we got home last night we gave the little trailer a bath and cleaned out the inside very well. This morning Dennis and Larry winterized the plumbing and put the winter cover over it. it looks sad but it’s all tucked away for the winter now. Dennis took a day vacation today to try to get all of these things done before the weather turns.

The man came out this afternoon and got the skirt partially installed. He is hoping to be done by Wednesday. I sure hope so!

This was our view from the bed when we woke up the last few mornings. We were in the forest of northeast Washington.

We took Chloe for several long walks both days and certainly enjoyed them.

Some of the grasses were taller than our heads. I was standing looking out over the Meadow as I took the following photo.

A few kayakers and canoeists were on the lake near the campground.

We had to make a trip to the hardware store in Oldtown, Idaho. Here’s my handsome hubby wearing his mask. I thought their decorations outside the doors were very cute.  Although masks are technically required, very few people were wearing them.
After the hardware store we took a drive along the Priest River in north Idaho.

More boaters and rafters. The weather was amazing. I think it was 76° when we were driving along here.
Gorgeous 
I started Piper’s pink sweater this weekend and I have the back and one front side done.

Another decoration I forgot to show you, although I did just buy this pumpkin with the Q on it last week. It was half-price at Michael’s and it’s very rare to find anything with a Q.



Wishing you all a wonderful week.
Blessings,
Betsy

22 comments:

  1. Your mini vacation spot looks great. I’m glad you and Dennis we’re able together away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you had a good time! Nice for you both to have a get away:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a lovely spot to camp!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful spot for a get-a-way! And thank you and your husband for caring enough about others to wear masks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad you had a good time in Newport and other spots. Looks nice!!! It is a bit cooler here today, which is good. Our garage roof is covered with leaves from our heritage birch tree. I guess we won't need a new roof installed for awhile,,,ahahaha!! Kidding! It will next year maybe. I like the outside of the hardware store. Nice signs. I have crocheted blanket over my shoulders and back as it's a bit cool in here. Shut off the furnace fan to make it a bit warmer in here. Phil is chilly so I know it's cold then! Hopefully he's ok. He did come home and find out his blood sugar was low. We had dinner so hopefully he will get a bit warmer soon! Take care my friend! Hugs! {------} Becky :'}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you two to take advantage of the wonderful weather and get another camping trip accomplished. What a beautiful place, I love all the rivers and lakes. How far from your home trailer was it? I'm having to be very careful and nurse a strained back muscle, and I know you can relate! I actually think I did it when I was having to move around on a narrow hospital bed for my eye surgery. The nurses kept saying, scoot up higher.. higher.. higher.. argh. I have my other surgery this friday, I do hope I don't make things worse. Good job on the pink sweater. Your fingers must fly to do so much that fast. That's not good that other's weren't wearing masks.. if it's a tourist destination other people could bring in Covid-19 - so silly not to protect themselves. Have a super week. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful post. Thank you for letting us tag along. We camped near Newport once, years ago. Steve took a bar of soap and went down to the river to bath. Walking back up the same trail that he had walk down to the river, but on the way back he saw fresh bear tracks that were not there on the trip down. Needless to saw that was his last river bath.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So nice that you and Dennis could get away for a little bit. That looks like a gorgeous place to camp! You are knitting up that second sweater very fast Betsy!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes blogger has eaten it all again. Can't do a second sorry Betsy. Love ypur hols away, how wonderful. Love the hardware, Q bargains and knitting too. Praying skirting is done in good time..
    Thanks for sharing, and may God bless and keep you and all whom you love safe and well.
    Prayer hugs, Shaz in Oz. X

    {Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
    {Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful photos reflecting a great trip! The grasses are gorgeous to take a pic through! Glad you are home safe and sound now, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely area for camping. It sounds like you had a wonderful time, and perfect weather!

    That little sweater is going to be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How wonderful to get away! This is such a nice time of year for traveling. I sure miss it. I could use a good road trip right about now.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for sharing the wonderful camping photos with us dear Betsy! Glad you had a good time and you are making great progress on your pretty knitting. Friends from Santa Rosa California are in town and it is so good to see them. Blessings Love and Prayers

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a beautiful part of the country! The pictures are amazing, and it makes me want to travel. Your sweater is lovely and is coming along nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Betsy, the water looks so lovely. Im glad you man is home with you. Not masking bugs the heck out of me. We went to oklahoma an dback and wore them and cleaned them and wore them . This COVID virus is awfull, and I'm not taking chances. I thought of your wisdom: People are people and it worked. I was not homesick . I was very very sad to leave AL. THere is not talk of marraige or moving........

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Betsy, Your camping pictures are beautiful and it looks like a lovely time. I e-mailed you a couple recipes that are gluten free I thought you might like for when your gluten free family visits. Maybe because you have been away but just checking to see if you received them or if you have a new e-mail address. Also would you mind sending me your new snail mail address. Take care. Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your fall decorations and am happy to hear you had a wonderful time camping! This is such a beautiful time of year. God bless you and Dennis!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a lovely day away for the two of you. Such beautiful spots to walk in. It's so important to cherish these last lovely days on Fall.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You are in an awesome location!! The best year of my life, we lived in Coeur d'Alene...I know it has built up a great deal...but one of the prettiest spots ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. How wonderful to get away for a day or two and in such a beautiful location. Such stunning views. Hope you manage to get all these jobs done in readiness for the change in weather and that you will be warm and safe. A joy to see you using your little London bag. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sensational views....such a wonderful place to get away to and just relax. No masks,no bustle,no people just nature...perfect!!! keep well Amanda x

    ReplyDelete