Tuesday, May 12, 2020

A Beautiful Weekend

We had a wonderful weekend out at the lake. I just came home this morning and haven’t even had a chance to read blogs yet. It seems everyone was at the resort this weekend, but it was relatively easy to keep a safe distance from people. We really only do things with Larry & Nita and Paul & Lori and we made sure to sit a safe distance apart when we were outside and no one went into anyone else’s trailers. It does seem odd not to be sharing meals while were there as we’ve done that for the past 9 years. But, we are all eating in our own trailers and not sharing any food.

I thought I would share some pictures of the trailer as I can’t remember if I did last year or not. I think I did, so please excuse me if you’ve seen this all before.

The living room. On the left is a set of recliner’s that have heat and massage in them!  The sofa makes into a queen size bed.

This fireplace will heat up the entire trailer, but we do have a furnace too. The pantry is on the right. I really enjoy having that.

The kitchen. After our last trailer that only had about 1 1/2 foot of counter space, I am really enjoying cooking in here.

The bedroom. Please excuse the chairs at the bottom of the bed. We were getting ready to go home when I took the photo and we always bring these inside so they don’t get rained on. Behind those mirrors is a huge closet with a washer and dryer inside, along with shelves and a hanging clothes bar.

It came with the TV in the bedroom and a nice dresser.

There is another closet on the opposite wall with some drawers and through the door you can see down the hall the table that I forgot to take a picture of. Please excuse the little bag of garbage by the door, as I said we were getting ready to go home!

I couldn’t get a good picture of the bathroom, but we have a nice size shower and a couple of storage cabinets in there too. I seriously could live in this trailer.

Look at this wonderful Mother’s Day card from Piper and Mandy. They drew around her hand...

And she came up with the idea of folding the paper to make it pop up. I always say this to the grandkids.  “I love you this much and I wrap it all up and put it inside you.”  And I spread my arms open wide when I say it. I love that she remembers that.

A couple of people asked me what pattern I use for my dresses so here it is. I like that it makes all sizes from size 8 to 18.   It is super easy.

A few people at our church had the idea to make up little packets and deliver these to all the mothers in the church this weekend. They had them in beautiful cellophane bags all tied up with ribbons. Wasn’t this a nice idea?

I got seven more pairs of mittens done.
And now I’m going to try to get online and read everyone’s blogs for today. Take care and stay safe out there.

Blessings,
Betsy

28 comments:

  1. That's quite the home away from home you have! I'm glad you were able to get a little R&R safely

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always amazed at how many mittens you knit in a week! I'm glad that all your camp neighbors are practicing social distancing. Your trailer looks lovely and very cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cozy trailer! I would love to have such a nice get-away. Your card is so cute and a keeper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you and Dennis got out to the lake for the weekend. Your trailer looks so comfy and gosh! It has everything. Plenty of space to cook and craft and heated massage chairs sound so good! Hope your week is going well Betsy. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your camper is a lovely home away from home. I’m sure you’ll get lots of use out of it this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Betsy that's so sweet to bring little care packages for the moms. I love Pipers hand card and so original. Thank you for the pattern to the dresses. I will need to get this pattern some time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your trailer is very spacious and lovely. A true home away from home.
    The Mothers Day card is adorable. The care packages were no doubt appreciated. Everyone likes to be remembered.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Betsy, I'm so glad you had a pretty weekend and got to spend it in your beloved caravan. It really is beautiful and well designed. Dayle picked me a bouquet of fragrant roses and they are by me, you should smell them. Good job on the mittens.. so colorful! I always think of the little children that will treasure them and keep them warm. Very kind of you. What a sweet card by Piper.. I am sure she had some help from your daughter.. :-) Stay safe and well.. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your trailer looks so cozy. I think I could live like that too. I'm glad you got time to enjoy the weekend away.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your trailer is gorgeous!!! I'd never want to leave.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely trailer you all have. I am so glad you were able to enjoy some lake time. Such a sweet Mother's Day card, too. Love the mittens and your dresses always look so pretty. Wishing you a day filled with many blessings sweet friend. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  12. Betsy,
    You could show the pictures of your trailer as many times as you like. I love looking at them. Mandy and Piper were so creative, the card makes me smile plus I liked the packages that were given to the mothers of your church. What great ideas.
    Take care and God's blessings, my dear friend
    HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a joy to have another tour of the trailer, so comfortable and homely. A home from home. The card was a delight made with love. I also loved the package from church what a lovely surprise. Glad you had a good time away in spite of these strange times we are living in. Take care and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, the trailer is indeed beautiful and well organized! I'm so glad you got to stay at the lake and relax. I have that pattern! I make the long and short versions!
    You are an amazing mitten maker! (do you have a pattern you could share for them?)

    ReplyDelete
  15. You always have the best posts. I love your trailer! It's so pretty and cozy too. That would be lots of fun. I have that same dress pattern, but have never used it. Need to make myself a dress. The little card is so sweet. Aren't granddaughters special.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aw, that card is just adorable! It is so sweet that she remembers how you do that when you tell her you love her! I LOVE your camper!! It is just perfect. It looks like you have everything you need there and it is so cozy and inviting. Thank you for sharing the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am glad you had a nice weekend at Loon Lake. I like your new to you trailer. I'm glad you have more counter space! Nice dress pattern. Is it a pullover dress or have a zipper in the back? I enjoy the hands card you got from Piper and Mandy! It's been raining and breezy lately. I'm tired from work...relatively busy day. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just love your trailer , I would stay there all the time in the summer. I think you all could have a picnic safely before the end of summer! Something to look forward too! :) Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That trailer is beautiful!!! It's nicer than my home! LOL! I agree with Connie...I would live there all summer...and winter too! I love the card from Pipe and your dress pattern and the mittens too! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the card from Miss Piper! She is a creative young lady!

    Your new trailer is lovely! After viewing the interior photos, I went back to your original post last year to see if it is a Grand Design and the model. Nice!

    Regarding the washer and dryer, you might want to reconsider selling them, since you want to retire there. Hauling laundry gets old very quickly, and it doesn't become easier with age! ;-)

    Love your maxi dresses! I'm with you--I prefer them in warm/hot weather. Different styles, same results. :-) And I am in awe of your needlework!

    ...Taja

    ReplyDelete
  21. Betsy, so glad you had a wonderful weekend at the trailer. I think I had that pattern a few years ago. I am so horrible at sewing I gave it away but now I want it back! love the card from Piper, you must have had tears in your eyes when you opened it. Stay well and safe.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Read this earlier in well Betsy... I think your visit to trailer has revitalised you, seeing friends etc, very nice indeed.
    I enjoyed seeing your trailer, it’s amazing in its facilities.
    Lovely mittens super card from Piper and Mandy as is mother’s gift from church folk. Lovely post... have you read the latest post on my wonderful words of life blog, called “the purpose of loneliness” you were one I thought if as the Lord guided me to write it.. pray it might bless you.
    Thanks for Sharing, dear Betsy, may God bless and keep you safe, and all those you love, hugs Shaz in Oz.x

    {Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
    {Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

    ReplyDelete
  23. Glad you shared John 1. It is good to be reminded. I love your camper. Cant get enough of it . And your church did a lovely thing with those cookies and gifts! WOW. The rain is getting me down today, Betsy . I have to stop letting the weather get to me! I just want warm ands sun. Its been a LONG winter

    ReplyDelete
  24. After ranting that my blogroll lied, I now realize it has been six days since you posted this. I don't know how I missed your last three posts, but am glad I found them now!!! I am glad you had good time out at your campsite and some sweet Mother's Day remembrances. The mittens are so cheery! Dear Betsy, I am so grateful that God is Light!!! 🤗💜🙏🧶

    ReplyDelete
  25. So glad you had a nice Mother's Day! Hope this week is going well also.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Betsy,, luv your trailer... We have a membership with KM Camping Resorts... but unfortunately they are still closed to camping... I miss getting out in our motorhome... but it's fun to hid out in my wee Glampers to read or just nap.. Have a great week,, and get ready for round 2 of rains...
    <><

    ReplyDelete