Monday, August 12, 2019

Some Finishes

I was able to get some yarny things completed this weekend.  Friday I ended up going to the doctor and being diagnosed with a sinus infection. I guess that explains the headache I’ve had for two weeks! I was put on a Z-pack antibiotic and prednisone. Never before have I had the kind of reaction that I’ve had this weekend from either of those medications. I’m not sure which one. This morning I went to pick up my new glasses and the lady there thought that I had a horrible sunburn because my skin was so flushed. I’ve also been pretty dizzy but maybe that’s my blondeness coming out! Ha! It rained all weekend here. No sunburn for me. I’ve been inside knitting as you’ll see by the following pictures.

First of all I finished the “Which-Way Filet” baby blanket.  I hadn’t washed and blocked it in this photo yet, but my goodness, this was a fun one to crochet. Just a bit different from the normal granny and enough counting to keep your interest going.

Then I made an easy baby sweater, a pair of socks and a hat to match. This will all be going to a baby boy that is expected in October down in Texas.  I should have taken new pictures after blocking but I forgot, and I already have them packaged up for mailing.

I also made eight baby hats for the hospital. These are super simple and take no thought or much time at all.  



I finished this dish cloth yesterday during church. It has been my carry-along project for the past week.

I haven’t watched any news for a couple of days so I have no idea how the fires are doing, but our skies here in Spokane are beautifully partly cloudy today and you can actually see the blue between the clouds. I have the windows all wide open and I’m enjoying the fresh air.

We didn’t go to the lake this weekend because I was feeling icky and Dennis had some projects around the house to get done. Since, it also rained most of the weekend as I said before, it was nice to just stay here at home.

I hope you all had a relaxing few days and were able to do all of the things that you wanted.

The Lord appeared to us in the past, saying: “I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing kindness.” Jeremiah 31:3

The Lord loves you and so do I! 

Blessings, 
Betsy

17 comments:

  1. Oh my! I hope you feel better soon. I had a terrible reaction to a Zpack one time--I won't take it again--
    All of your projects are just so lovely--I a praying for more babies in my family to knit for!
    Wanna know a secret? I knit during church too! And yesterday it was a Waffle Stitch dishcloth. I have knit the one you shared in church before too! It is so helpful to have my hands busy.

    I hope your smoke stays away--it was really bad 2 weekends ago when I visited my daughter in Harrah--just southeast of Yakima!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good golly you got a lot done!!! So sorry to hear you are under the weather. I'm down with a migraine myself today. It seems like every time the weather changes I get a headache anymore. Booooo.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a knitting and crocheting rock star, missy! I really like how that blanket turned out and what a lovely baby set you made. I hope you get through this medication and feel better. I took an antibiotic once that ruined my week at Waldo Lake, it made me sick and food tasted terrible. I'm glad to hear that your air quality has improved. Good that you had rain to put out your fires. It poured here, too. Have a good week, my friend. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, I love the baby blanket - wish I knew how to crochet. It's been cooler here with rain in the late afternoon - quite pleasant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The blanket is just wonderful Betsy! so different. And what a cute little sweater, hat and booties. That will be a fortunate little boy in TX! Your other projects are equally nice - you've been getting so much done!

    Hope your reaction (bad) to the Z-pack is finished now. And, hoping the fires are under control. Take care!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're amazing with all your handwork that you get done. I love the blanket. It reminds me of those paper puzzles we used to make with messages written inside. What a lovely gift set for the new little one. They will love it!
    Thank you for your lovely card too.....I appreciate your thoughts and prayers...they are definitely helping!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That which-way blanket is VERY interesting!!! Beautiful too.

    Hope you are feeling better soon.

    I had my physical this morning. Doctor says I'm going to live ---- at least for today. LOL (As always --- need to lose some weight.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful baby set! Great work Betsy. Hope you feel better. My tummy has been off too......

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wonder if all of that smoke is what gave you the sinus infection!?
    I'm glad you are doing better. (that prednisone packs a whallup!)
    Your knit projects are stunning--you are a prolific knitter!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw, bless your heart. I am so sorry you are feeling so bad and have a sinus infection. I HATE taking Prednisone. It is just awful. Sometimes, we have no choice, but it surely is a miserable thing. I trust you will feel so much better real soon, dear friend. Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice finished projects Betsy! The wash cloth is nice!! I've had trouble with my asthma today. Used my inhaler this afternoon and a few essential oils in a roller ball helps some. Once I got to a YL class I asked for a specific oil and I was much better. Need to start taking my rx again so it'll help me breathe better. So pretty out this evening on way home from Salem. Sleep well and get well soon my sweet friend!💜🌷 prayers and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your yarn finishes are great! That blanket looks like fun! So glad to hear the smoke is gone. Hope your Sinus Infection is all cleared up.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Betsy, your work is amazing. I love the little boys sweater set, that is going to be treasured and probably put away in a box and saved after he out grows it. I have a little dress that was mine as a baby and it is a treasure, I know that this will be too. Your fingers are always flying . . . either that or you knit and crochet in your sleep as well, LOL.
    In reply to the comment you left:
    Thank you so much for your prayers, they are a precious gift indeed.
    I have been wanting to start this quilt for my mama for years, but never knew how to get started, so I decided to just jump in, now I'm going to slow down and follow this direction, but take my time and make my blocks as meaningful as possible. I want this to be sometime that will help her grand-grandchildren know more about this dear lady.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry to hear you've been ill and then reacted to the medicine they prescribed for you. Hope you feel better soon! Your baby handcrafted items are SO pretty! What a gift God has given you Betsy ❤️ Have a blessed day and rest of your week.
    Peace,
    Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  15. I truly admire your stitching, Betsy...each project a treasure and a practical expression of love. By now I hope you are feeling better and I hope you are continuing to enjoy better air quality and blue skies at the lake! We have been enjoying temps in the 80s and warm water at the condo outside pool. Isn't it wonderful that the Lord draws us to Himself with unfailing kindness? xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awww.... loved the sweet baby clothes especially, but as always, everything is beautiful! Praying you'll continue to feel better. Blessings, Debra

    ReplyDelete
  17. Where can a written pattern for “Which-Way Filet” baby blanket be found?

    ReplyDelete