Thursday, August 1, 2019

Staycation

We are on a staycation this week.  We never made it back to the lake on Sunday after coming home for church. Instead, after church and taking home communion to the shut-ins, Dennis mowed the grass and then we went out to dinner at Red Robin with friends. We ended up going swimming at Larry and Nita’s house that evening.

I had an appointment with the neurologist on Monday afternoon for another Botox injection but they called me at 7:15 in the morning to cancel my appointment. Oh no!  I was sure that would mean a few weeks before I could get another appointment.  Then she asked if we could be there by 9:30!  I said of course we could. I did not want to wait an extra couple of weeks as the last shot had already begun wearing off.  Dennis went with me and watched and said I actually received about eight injections over my mid-back. Other than some tenderness at the injection sites, I had none of the side effects that I did last time and the spasms have stopped again. Hallelujah! Here’s to another three months of no muscle spasms.  Thank you all for your well wishes and your prayers. I have certainly appreciated and felt them.

Then there was a package to be delivered by Amazon that was supposed to arrive by noon. It finally showed up at 4:00. That meant we didn’t get to the lake until after five but that’s OK. We had a lovely evening and it was so quiet out there both Monday and Tuesday nights. Dennis and I took a walk down to the lake last night at sunset and these are two of the photos I took. I love the silhouette of the children fishing on the dock and the fishermen in the row boat.

Please excuse all of my chins and the squinty eyes. The sun was very bright as it was setting and I forgot my sunglasses.

We came home this evening because we have a very busy day tomorrow. An appointment to have the truck worked on at 9:00 tomorrow morning, grocery shopping and laundry, among other errands and a potluck at our house tomorrow night for Bible study. We may go back to the lake tomorrow night or we may wait until Friday morning. We’ll have to wait and see how late it is before the potluck is over and everything is cleaned up.

We had a lovely weekend with our son and our two grandchildren, Kyleigh and Caleb. I would love to share photos with you but they prefer not to be on the Internet. We spent the day Saturday at the lake where the kids and Grandpa spent hours swimming in the lake together.  We watched a couple of movies on Netflix in the evenings and spent some hours at the mall since they don’t have one in Helena. It’s hard to believe that Kyleigh is going into high school next month and Caleb in middle school. Where did the years go?

A dear blog friend recently celebrated her 15th blogoversary. Debra, from the blog “As I See it Now” over on my sidebar, sent me a gift certificate to Amazon as a thank you for leaving comments on her blog. Wasn’t that sweet? I told her it arrived at exactly the right time because I ordered the flashlights to go into the mini stockings for the veterans that day. I was able to apply her gift card to those flashlights. My friends, I looked everywhere for a deal on flashlights. I talked to store managers and explained what they were for but no one was willing to give me a deal. So that was the package we were waiting for Monday. 100, yep one hundred, flashlights arrived from Amazon and they are perfect! They are about 4 inches long and super bright and then will go in the stockings perfectly.  They also turn on and off with the push of a button so that should be easy for the people receiving them.

I think they will be perfect. What do you think?

I have been knitting, but I don’t have any pictures right now.   I hope you’re all having a wonderful week. I’m enjoying spending all of my time this week with my handsome husband. It’s giving me a glimpse into what retirement could be like in a few years and I think it will be very, very good. :-)

And now it’s time for bed. I’ll be back soon.  Love to you all.

“Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid. The Lord, the Lord himself, is my strength and my defense; He has become my salvation.”  Isaiah 12:2

Blessings,
Betsy

17 comments:

  1. I'm so glad the Botox injections are working. Makes it much easier to enjoy the time at the camper by the lake and having fun with the grandkids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that you were able to get your shots and that once again they have been successful. Those torchlights are the perfect gift for the veterans and the perfect fit for your lovely stockings. Its such a shame a deal was not forthcoming but it is difficult times I suppose. Glad you have been able to get away for a short while. Once Dennis retires you will wonder how he ever had time to go to work. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those flashlights are such a good idea. How generous of you to share your prize!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have those same little flashlights for children in my daycare - I use those because the button is very easy to press, the light is bright and they are easily handled.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad there wasn't the side affects of the botox this time! That is an amazing gift to the vets--great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Staycation so are good too. Blessings.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those flashlights are perfect. The other pictures are so great. You guys take great selfies. I hope your weekend is filled with blessings.
    HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a great Staycation Betsy - little bit of everything and plenty of time with Dennis. So glad you received your back treatment on Monday and that you can already feel the difference. Enjoy this weekend at the lake!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The lake photo is lovely - a relaxing way to enjoy the evening. I have a similar flashlight in my knitting bag and it's come in handy several times. The veterans are going to love the stockings and gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm happy to hear you're having a wonderful staycation with your beloved husband and having the grandkids with you at the lake. I'm also glad to hear you got your injections at the right time. The flashlights are perfect in the little stockings!! You're so generous and kind. ((hugs)), Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw, I am so thankful you are able to be with your husband this week and enjoy so many special moments, sweet friend. SO grateful you were able to get in and get the injections and now are feeling well relief during your staycation. Much love to you today.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those flashlights are perfect! How wonderful to have someone pitch in with a cost! Sound like you are enjoying your summer! So glad those shots help your back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh you are so good to knit the stockings and fill them with flashlights!!! I am praying your back injections are terrific again for you! So happy to see your Lake photos. They are so peaceful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So glad you are feeling better! Sounds like you are keeping very busy. Love the stockings and know they will be appreciated. We passed through Spokane a couple of times recently and I thought of you enjoying your lake. We were at CDL for a week with family.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad you had a nice visit with your son and grandchildren. My son and family are moving this week into another apartment. Rent went up after lease was up. Friends from church are helping them move this week. The stockings and flashlights are a good gift for veterans. Thankful your back is somewhat better and it stays that way! Have a blessed week my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Brilliant Betsy, those flashlights ( or torches as we call them) are great for the stockings! Clever work. Very practical. Sorry this beautiful place has been spoiled by smoke. So glad you had injections with good results, please Lord long may it continue!
    Prayer hugs. Thanks for sharing, Shaz in Oz.x

    {Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
    {Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

    ReplyDelete
  17. So slow. Loved the flashlights and stockings. Nancy

    ReplyDelete