Friday, August 16, 2019

It’s Friday!

Happy Friday my friends. It’s a beautiful day here in Spokane, Washington. My headaches continue and after a doctors visit on Wednesday, with my own doctor this time, he said I never did have a sinus infection. More tests are being ordered, but the insurance company is dragging its feet as usual. Stay tuned....

Meanwhile the knitting and crocheting has continued. Here are my completed items since Monday.

Another “Which-Way Filet” baby blanket. I love how this turned out with the white stripes in it.  This was made using Loops and Threads Impeccable yarn from Michael’s.  This is such a fun blanket to crochet and is an easy two row repeat. It looks much harder than it actually is.
And three waffle weave dish cloths made out of I Love This Cotton from Hobby Lobby.

Dennis put a new storm door on the front of the house last week. They all seem to come with the retractable rolling screens and I think the one we had before this was the original prototype! The screen never worked right. I really like this door. I love being able to have the front door open and a nice breeze go through the house.

Her is the full front view of the house. I can’t remember if I’ve shown it to you before without snow.  :-) And look, there’s Chloe. She’s never very far from me. She never, ever leaves the yard unless we tell her it’s OK.  She really is the perfect dog.

I love this corner of the front yard. Sometimes Chloe and I go and sit on the grass in the afternoons and watch the world go by.

Look at all the flowers. This is the bush that you can see on the left of the garage doors in the photo up above.

And look who started first grade yesterday! She is getting so big.

I saw this picture yesterday somewhere. It was either on Instagram, Facebook or someone’s blog. If it’s one of yours, I’m sorry for copying it, but it was too good not to share. If it was yours take credit in the comments please!
This is a picture of me. Yarn everywhere I go. They were joking about that last night at Bible study. No one would know who I was if I didn’t have a bag of yarn in my hands.

I hope that all of you have an absolutely lovely weekend.

“Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid. The Lord, the Lord himself, is my strength and my defense; he has become my salvation.”  Isaiah 12:2

Blessings,
Betsy

15 comments:

  1. Your house is adorable. I love that sunny yellow color.

    Best wishes to Piper. Hope she has a GREAT year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Piper good luck at the new school year. I love , Betsy, seeing your cheerful yellow home

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful home and yard! The new storm door is such a nice feature--I had a retractable but it has long since died and I miss having my door open in the early morning--in a few months I could use it! Enjoy the weather break--I hope you find an answer for your headaches soon. (I have them all the time, too, so I sympathize)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty house!!! You've got real curb appeal. Congrats on Piper's first day of first grade. Being a first grade teacher for 27 years leaves me biased but it's really the best grade. I loved all those excited faces on the first day. I miss that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your home is just gorgeous! So well-manicured and neat! Just lovely! And, little Miss Piper. I cannot believe she is already in first grade. My, time just goes by so fast! The afghan is so pretty! God bless you, sweet friend, and may He soon send healing to your headaches. I am so sorry you are suffering so.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that sign! Where we lived in Santa Barbara someone drew a hula hoop around a pedestrian crossing sign.
    I can't believe how big Piper is getting. Please keep us updated on what's going on with your headaches. I hate dealing with insurance companies. I'll keep you in prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty house, I love yellow! Your lawn looks just perfect! Pretty flowers too! Your blanket is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you have a better glass screen door. I enjoyed being in your house last year! Hope your headaches go away soon. There's an oil for that!😘 we had a fun Sat out and got to see Justin and family at Phil's work picnic. Sipping hot tea as I'm thirsty and ready for a good nites sleep! Piper is adorable. Can't believe she's that old already! Take care. 🙏❤

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a lovely baby blanket! What a great stitch pattern.

    Your house looks so friendly, and such a pretty shade of yellow.

    Hope you get an answer and a solution for the headaches very soon. Saying a prayer for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww.... terrific door and house and grandchild and flowers and everything! :) It all looks so pretty, Betsy. You are blessed! .... Debra

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Betsy! Hope by now you're feeling lots, lots better! It was good to hear that the smoke has cleared in Spokane; that rain sure helped, didn't it? Piper and Stella must be the same age as she starts first grade soon also. I am always amazed at how early school starts in the Midwest; our Chicago grands are already back in school, too. Here it's not till after Labor Day. You sure have created a lot of nice projects! I especially love those filet blankets and am sure the recipient will as well. Hope you are having a GREAT week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your home looks so lovely Betsy. Thanks for sharing the pictures. I can't believe Piper is starting first grade! Time is just flying by.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely to see your post and catch up on your latest good stitching and other news. I hope the headaches are gone! Your Rose of Sharon bush is lovely and reminds me of the one we had in our front yard in NY. The sign and Piper's photo both prompted me to smile and the verse to be encouraged! Thanks for posting, Betsy. xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Betsy catching up on another web browser to combat your comment box 😆
    Ah love that blankie it’s gorgeously made dear Betsy, beautiful work! As are your dish cloths nice wool and pattern those.
    Pipers growing up so! And love Chloe so obedient and your pretty new door on your beautiful home.. and the native hibiscus one very like that if not the same is a native to Oz or looks identical. There are about forty species and have seen them growing wild in scrubby areas .. different colours too. Different to Hawaiian hibiscus.
    Praying much re your answers dear sis, nothing catches God out and He has a higher perfect plan.. higher wiser than we can imagine. So praying for He is able ... Able to do exceeding abundantly above all we can ask or think according to the power that worketh within us..
    Sending prayer hugs your way.
    Thanks for being a blessing, and may God bless you too.
    Hugs, Shaz in Oz.x

    {Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
    {Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}



    ReplyDelete